ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 16v engine V Clio 16v engine

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

I have got my clio 16v engine out of my clio and have just bought an engine from a renualt 19 16 complete? they look slightly different i.e the configuration of the water pipes, the layout of the power steering pump and the alternator. also the carb etc is slightly different? will it be a straight fit to my clio or do I have to change all of the ancillieries over from my engine?

HELP from the experts needed???

BMW 320d Sport

Not an expert on the 19 engine bay layout hence cant help with the pipes etc, but I know for a fact the throttle body is different and the inlet manifold comes off at a slightly different angle to the valver one. Maybe the TB is the same and its just the neck of the manifold that makes it looks different. The block and head themselves are identical AFAIK

u need to swap across all the ancillaries from the clio lump to the 19 lump. not a big job, an hrs work at the most.

jimbo

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i would personally put all the clio gear on the 19 lump then you know everything is the same.the basic engine between the 19 and the clio are the same its just some of the other components positions/sizes that are different.

the heads might have different Thermo housing and locations for CTS.

Apart from that, just swap over all the bits from your clio onto the bare engine, its the same.

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

the 19 16v engine has only done 5,000 miles since it had a complete rebuild. ther does look to be some sensors that come out of the case near the distributor cap and also my carb, on the clio 16v has some sensor stuff on it? also the inlet manifold looks different?

should I just transfer all the ancilleries over?

Which car has more powerful power steering pump? as im running 19" wheels

Quote: Originally posted by phantome46 on 08 March 2004

the 19 16v engine has only done 5,000 miles since it had a complete rebuild. ther does look to be some sensors that come out of the case near the distributor cap and also my carb, on the clio 16v has some sensor stuff on it? also the inlet manifold looks different?

should I just transfer all the ancilleries over?

Which car has more powerful power steering pump? as im running 19" wheels
Like i said, the head either has the coolant temp sensors tapped direct into the head or into the thermostat housing (the case nxt to the dizzy). If your new head has the sensors in the head not the housing, then just put appopriatly sized bolts into the holes to block them, then use the opriginal casing and sensors.

the manifols and throttle body is differnt, use the clio one.

The throttle body (not carb, i supplies no fuel) has the potentiometer on it to measure throttle position and supply the ECU with position data, also attatched to it is the ISCV (idle speed control valve) which bleeds air at zero throttle to control engine idle speed. All this need to be off the clio 16V as itll be less complicated for you.

pumps are the same.