ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 Brembo Conversion - Wheel Fitment Guide

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
So after much tinkering and a 3mm spacer I’ve managed to come to this...

Good or bad clearance?
Cant be good for heat management also if something was to get stuck in there. I went for the 16s for this reason. What mounting bracket are using for the calipers? Pms?

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Old picture of mines when i got the wheels, theres about 1-2mm and never had an issue.

Attachments

• DSC_0715.JPG
    DSC_0715.JPG
    665.9 KB · Views: 103

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cant you take back some off that part of teh caliper? Ive seen people do it before.
To be honest, this was just a loos fitting and may have very little extra room when fully torqued up. The last cut was 1mm, I can safely take another 1/2 off but yes you are right, that was my next thought was to start using the polishing wheel at work to lightly take some material away at the offending parts. Not to mention the horrendous DIY paint job, there is a massive run which isn't helping matters when it comes to clearance.
Cant be good for heat management also if something was to get stuck in there. I went for the 16s for this reason. What mounting bracket are using for the calipers? Pms?
I'm using 280 brackets from @0ss As for heat management if running correct parts then heat can be your friend. I do know brembos dissipate heat quite quickly, Along with a cold air feed then heat management will be good.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
197/200 Brembo's, 280mm discs and 15" 2118 wheels on my Trophy.

Using PMS 280mm bracket kit (fairly new to market), calipers machined by PMS, and PMS 18mm front spacers.

49974269661_dbc54f184f_k.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
No use other than to help others, i measured the clearances on the X3MAs.

• EVO Corse X3MA
  • 15x7 ET38
  • PMS 285mm Brembo kit with 285mm 2 piece discs.
  • 5mm spacers (purely for aesthetics)
Caliper to barrel clearance approx 3mm
Caliper to spoke clearance 13mm (inc 5mm spacer) this would reduce to 8mm without a spacer.
View attachment 1606419
View attachment 1606420
View attachment 1606417View attachment 1606418
The disc size is the only difference you have though, the brackets are the pms 280 ones right?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
OZ F1 are my next buy I think. The Rota slipstreams I have don't fit without getting wappy with the grinder
F1s need a silly big spacer. Think I got to about 35mm before running out of wheel stud length and only just looked close to clearing then..

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Standard 182 wheels clear with a 15mm spacer on the 300mm setup. No chance of getting wheel weights on the barrel though. The r888rs I run have a little yellow dot on them so as long as the tyre fitters line that up with the valve they balance pretty well. There’s space for weights on the inside of the spokes if needs be

77C72260-FF47-4515-A7F6-82591EB7477A.jpeg

BF6E3AB6-00C3-4F53-9A9E-457777E8CA3B.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Did you ever find this out?

I’ve just got myself a set of turbines but never thought to check if they’ll clear a 280mm set up.
Nah they don't mate. I ended up selling mine in the end

Even with a 20mm spacer they didn't fit. Not without taking a large chunk of the caliper off with a grinder

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update on the turbines/maracana’s.

They still don’t clear with a 25mm spacer. You’d probably clear it with another 5mm on top, so at least 30mm!?

Sold now anyway, so maybe just swerve them unless you want Leepu spec spacers…

Reactions: MLB