ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 Steering Wheel Question

As a few have done before, I'm looking to change my melted 172 steering wheel to a 200 wheel. I've used the search function, and read over 10 threads on this, but not a single one has the specs for the washer size that's required to stop it rubbing. Does anyone know this, or alternatively is a member on the V6 forum and wouldn't mind retrieving this nugget of information for me?

Thanks in advance guys.

Oh and a second question that didn't appear to be answered was, if I don't want cruise buttons I presume I can just buy a non-RenaultSport steering wheel airbag?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
saw someone say 6mm a while ago. Just buy a few 2mm ones that will fit over the splines and have a play with different amounts. Don't know about ID or OD but you can measure that easily with vernier calipers.

Just buy a non cruise control airbag if you don't want the buttons.

Thanks for the help, ended up with a cruise airbag so I'll just ignore the buttons. I'll probably sign up to the V6 forum just to be sure. Just seems mad as the washer will likely be cheaper than signing up.

Yozza'd RB cup
Sorry to bump an old thread but did you find out what washer is needed? I could measure it yes, but I'd need to remove the wheel, measure, refit to drive and go and get one and remove it again... Just seems a bit of a ball ache to have to do that if someone on hear has the information for me?

As for paying £5 to join a webiste to only read a guide I think thats a little unfair too. It's on a washer dimension I need!

Any help much appreciated! (I have searched and searched by the way! I can only assume v6owners.com has destroyed all traces of this illusive washer spec in an attempt to get people to join there website! Haha!)

I've PM'd you but for anyone else that finds the thread I was told it was an M20 washer but unsure on the required thickness. I used a washer I found lying around that worked ok.