ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup with Recaros. Nimbus in 2012. Glacier White in 2022

Leon Cupra 300
I'm considering getting shut of my lasses 206 GTI for one of these.. Only one question, does the Cup come with full ESP? Or just the FF and R27 models? (if they do!?)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Already been down that road, did save money, but spent 100 miles a day wishing i wasnt driving the 320d lol ...

Don't say that, I've been looking at 320d's over the last couple of weeks.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How easy was it to fit Dave? And how much if you don't mind me asking?

Well its just placed there at the moment, but it simply slides over the rear drinks holders/handbrake area. Then you screw it down.

I'm going to see what its like over the next couple of days then make a decision whether i keep it or not.

Only slight issue is when its down, its literally impossible to pull up the handbrake lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Looks like someone sat an arm rest in it out a Transit Connect. :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lols! Looks like someone sat an arm rest in it out a Transit Connect. :eek:

lol. Google search confirms this
hmm.gif

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm saying nothing.

If you buy sound extra door rubbers and some extra sound deadening it'll just be like a fun German hatch....

Lee

BMW M2C
Very nice. I agree about keeping those wheels on it. When I had the Cup I went for the standard wheels as I didn't think the speedlines suited it. There's nothing for them to contrast with in black either.

The standard cup pedals are rubbish, you need clown feet to be able to heal and toe. No a/c, proper poverty spec, I added that to my old one, not that it worked most of the time! LOL

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1) What are those tyres?!

2) The cup steering wheel is bobbins. I changed mine for a Fat spec one and its much better.

3) You have a hero colour and spec though. Good work.

Lee

BMW M2C
1) What are those tyres?!

2) The cup steering wheel is bobbins. I changed mine for a Fat spec one and its much better.

3) You have a hero colour and spec though. Good work.

Makes a big difference IMO. Cup one is way too skinny.

Z4
Not a fan :(

Good colour, but you'll feel the sting going from an m3 to that.
I did with the 182! ...but at least that has good mpg lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. I never ever thought i'd be sitting here saying the 197 looks dated. Mental.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
At least the 197 is cohesive............. ;)

I'd have one like, but much prefer the 197 face

See, an AG 200

imagegallery01540x303_Gallery.jpg

remind me of

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

and, a 200 can never have this much presence, the nose is too pinched in with the black insert

P1040342.jpg

Last edited:
  F56 MINI Cooper S
I think the 200 is much nicer, that photo is of one with stance, find the same with a 200 and it would look mean.

320d
I see where your coming from with the armrest Dave. I had one in my MX5 and it does make lazy driving more comfortable, the 182 is more comfortable overall but I always feel like I'm missing somewhere to put my left arm.

That 197 only looks good because of the stance it has. Give the 200 the same stance and it'll look good also but at the end of the day they're neither a 'pretty' looking car tbh...

Oh and Dave - Having looked at the pictures on the computer now, like Dan said WTF are them tyres on it!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think the 200 is much nicer, that photo is of one with stance, find the same with a 200 and it would look mean.

Doesn't exist as the 200 has downs, therefore it can't look mean :(

;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've noticed exactly the same since getting the r27, very sharp brakes, the throttle needing a proper good tw*t to heel and toe (toe and toe for me... Big feet ftw!) and the 5k kick after the flat spot does seem very vtec esqWith the recaros, do you fit 'nicely' in them?I was expecting the harness holes to be above my shoulders, being 6foot odd they're a bit below my shoulders. Comfy as f**k nonetheless :approve:The exhaust looks amazing! I've got some form of aftermarket system on but it doesn't look half as good as that! Swapsies? :eek:

koi

Audi S1
Nimbus is an awesome colour. Keep the standard wheels, much better than the Speedlines.

Surely all cars look dated when they're dated. That's why they're dated. A new style looks new because it's new, and when you get used to it, it looks dated.

The 197 looks older than the 200 because it is older. It still looks much better. All IMO of course.