ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

ValverInBits
Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

Get soaking them bits and the head in the cheapest of cheap vinegar! have em good as new in no time.

BMW M5 & E36

Is that likely to be more effective than a quick splash in petrol? Got some GUNK too, doesnt seem great.

TVR Cerbera

Coke is also very good at cleaning stuff, but has the drawback of leaving stuff sticky! lol

put it in the dishwasher, comes up awesome! my mate did it with his calibra head an it was like brand new!

BMW M5 & E36

Got 10 bottles of Asda's finest vinegar to try. 13p for 568ml. Win!

Not sure the mother would approve of dishwasher technique tbh.

Get it in the dishwasher, NOW!! Thats a brilliant idea, worthy of RUR approval.

ry%3D400.jpg

BMW M5 & E36

Finished lapping all the valves and dishwashed the head last night, came up quite well. Bottom spring retainer and new valve stem seals in

IMG_2139.jpg

Gradually got the valves in. Bottom retainer > stem seal > 2 springs > top retainer > 2 b*stard collets!

IMG_2140.jpg

Head bench

IMG_2141.jpg

All exhaust valves in

IMG_2142.jpg

And inlets

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Put the lifters in having soaked them in some engine oil, move pretty freely now

IMG_2148.jpg

Cleaned up the cam carriers. Can't put cams in and bolt them down yet as I havent got any gasket sealant stuff

IMG_2149.jpg

New cam oil seals

IMG_2150.jpg

Started taking the old engine to bits to borrow a few bolts and see what goes where etc

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

Complete mess!

IMG_2153.jpg

17 days to Brands.... :dead:

BMW M5 & E36

It is if I didn't have to work 10 hours a day and I knew wtf I was doing with engines!

JDM Dc2

jordan told me about the head in the dishwasher yesturday and i didnt believe him lol, cant believe that, how good and new it looks...

Riggerz, get the fook off here, your just gelous of the valvers superior powahh tbh!

haha, he was saying 'standard valvers arent slow, what u on about' to me yesterday, lol

hahaha, nahh im more than happy with standard valver power! for now anyways. I only took him round my estate too!

'92 172, Lotus Elise

they're fast.. until you experience 2 leeetah powah! :D

lol, all in due time! gonna actually drive it first lol, had if 4 months and drove it twice!

dont say that whitely lol, as long as its quicker than rigbys fez ill be happy aha

BMW M5 & E36

I tell a lie, he went past me once.....

... about 10 seconds before mine seized.

heard about that, not good atall! spend alot of time on that park (BMX) and theres not that much trouble there anymore! unlucky really, just a couple of knobs.

BMW M5 & E36

Swapped belt/idler/tensioner over from the other engine and got that fitted and timed up. Painted the cam pulley cover black too

IMG_2166.jpg

Fitted my newly painted inlet manifold, along with PTFE gasket. Polished the fuel rail a little bit too. Injectors in also.

IMG_2167.jpg

PTFE throttle body gasket fitted

IMG_2168.jpg

Thermostat housing and sensors sealed on, low temp 'stat swapped over from before.

IMG_2169.jpg

Oil cooler sandwich plate and new filter. Need to decide on pipework routing for the cooler yet

IMG_2170.jpg

Clutch swapped over from the other engine, aligned using an old boot gas strut, perfect!

IMG_2171.jpg

Degreased the gearbox and gave it a quick squirt of paint

IMG_2172.jpg

Found this nice crack in the top o/s engine mount, think I'll swap that!

IMG_2173.jpg

Gearbox on

IMG_2174.jpg

Re-wrapped all the engine loom as it was looking a bit tatty. 3 rolls of electrical tape later

IMG_2175.jpg

Swapped gearbox mount to one in slightly better condition

IMG_2176.jpg

Cooling pipework on

IMG_2177.jpg

Started connecting the loom back up, almost ready to go in

IMG_2179.jpg

Engine in, just sat on its mounts for now but not plumbed up

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

Chris

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Looking good chris! I'll look forward to you shitting me up again as you did at marham. Yours and jords has also given me a bit of inspiration ;)

Bumder With A Buffer

If any of you guys see a decentish nick valver up for sale let me know! All the ones I find are either waaayyy overpriced or complete sacks of s**t!

snick....pretty fiddly job in the bay!

richy....get onto clio16valver.co.uk or williamsclio.co.uk and look in cars for sale, always some looked after ones around!

Megane R26

snick....pretty fiddly job in the bay!

richy....get onto clio16valver.co.uk or williamsclio.co.uk and look in cars for sale, always some looked after ones around!

ditto... i collected one of 16valver on saturday. it has its niggles but its not bad for 14 yr old car at all.

Bumder With A Buffer

Which one JB if you don tmind me asking??

Foxy i been on there a few years now actually... call sign = drahcir (richard backwards!) dont post much though! just floating around the for sale section looking for a decentish one. £700 I seen one for but that needs a new gearbox apprently.

i have a gearbox lol ;)

JB3's (Valver boxes) can be picked up cheap these days, £30-50 quid for one with not too many miles on it..

Megane R26

Which one JB if you don tmind me asking??

Foxy i been on there a few years now actually... call sign = drahcir (richard backwards!) dont post much though! just floating around the for sale section looking for a decentish one. £700 I seen one for but that needs a new gearbox apprently.

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27617

Tht beast lol
Having a problem with insane vibrations coming through the cars chassis atm but it should be sorted soon. Didnt help tht one of the rear wheels was egg shaped too when i took it off but still cant complain at what i paid for it.
Driving position is much nicer in them imo aswell than 1*2's.