ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

BMW M5 & E36
Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

A few pictures I've found of mine from FCS at the weekend. I didnt take a single photo myself, wish I did now! A few more hundred miles on the car without problems. New alternator is giving out the correct charge too, bonus.

DSC_0215.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

Love how wide it looks with the 172 track in this one.
DSCF3186.jpg

Thanks for pics Slammed172, f0xy and Matteh.

Current things on the calendar:

RWS 4/5th July
Cadwell Park 6th July
Donington Park 31st July (possibly)
Cadwell Park Renaultsport 11th August
Mallory Park 15th August (possible)
Oulton Park RS in November, which has been moved back from September.

ValverInBits

I have some Ph1 rear lights. They are full of win and look much better than phase 2. I reckon you should buy them off me. :D

BMW M5 & E36

You've seen my car now, it's not pretty! Lights arent going to change that! :evil:

Mk1 F4R

long time no speak berrrrrrrrrilliant read mate or should i say some good pics cba reading it yet ill let you know when i have, keep up the good work lol

BMW M5 & E36

Another update after a Cadwell Park Trackday on the Monday just gone, 06/07.

Car behaved itself once again. Only slight problem I had was the alternator power cable terminal coming off, but I successfully rigged that enough with a P-Clip to keep me out on track and get home. Done about 1500 miles on the home brew engine now, so im pleased with that.

It was puffing its fair share of smoke out the back, but I kept an eye on levels and all was reet.

A few pics for starters, video's to follow.

First set without borders are from trackphoto, last 6 with borders are from f0xy.

ALX_4945.jpg

ALX_5007.jpg

ALX_5385.jpg

ALX_6101.jpg

ALX_6184.jpg

ALX_6544.jpg

ALX_6947.jpg

ALX_6998.jpg

ALX_7036.jpg

ALX_7204.jpg

ALX_7737.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

And then video's too. I had my camera on all day, but the tape decided it had enough part way through my third session, so that's all we get I'm afraid.

First session

[youtube]Bx7waVeGW_Q[/youtube]

[youtube]WLvOEbcYMM0[/youtube]

Second session

[youtube]RBGgWrIKFRA[/youtube]

[youtube]MffkjR1SXig[/youtube]

Third session

[youtube]6CIH2oR8tuM[/youtube]

Chris

youve come quite some way after saying F7P turbo is better LOL

ahhh the days ;)

BMW M5 & E36

My inner boot skin met my angle grinder the other day to match my doors, so thats another little bit of weight gone.

I've got my MOT nearly due now too, so aiming to get that sorted in the next week or so. New windscreen is being fitted tomorrow after work as the current one has two great cracks in it.

Then, I have a rather exciting addition to follow which I'll be collecting a week today :D

Track valver + Ibiza FR

I think I might know what it seeing as you've been buying all the other things to go with it :quiet:

TVR Cerbera

I think I might know what it seeing as you've been buying all the other things to go with it :quiet:

Nah, Chris has just got a fetish about having random clio parts scattered around his garage!

BMW M5 & E36

Well, as of this morning, thanks to Afro Dan the MOT man, I now have a years test. Thanks again mate :)

Sailed through :D

I have a collection to make tomorrow too ;)

BMW M5 & E36
Well...

This thread now has a new name if you hadn't already noticed. That's because I've been out for a little 300 mile drive today in the 182. I returned with a bootful of engine.

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

What might that be then? Haiii

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

That makes two then :approve:

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

So at the moment this is the rough plan in my head: Leave the current F7P in for the Cadwell Park Renaultsport trackday which I have booked for the 11th August. I'll then more than likely be doing Mallory Park on the 15th too. After that I dont have anything planned for a while trackday wise, so I'm aiming to get it in and running then.

I've got a few parts which I need to collect just yet, but the majority of the work can be done before hand with it out of the car so I can start prepping straight away.

F7P, your days are numbered :evil:

IMG_2409.jpg

:cool:

BMW M5 & E36
The one on the left isn't exactly complete. I bought it with a belt snapped so it needs a new piston and really a complete head too. It can be for spares or possibly even a high comp build in the future :)

Basically, an addition to the Whiteley parts bin.