ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

yes but you're running the PAS too, different brackets...

I fitted mine, and it was practically hanging so far over i would have had to run a 4 rib belt.....that wasnt the issue though, it was at a slight angle and not sitting straight

'92 172, Lotus Elise
but if the 16v alt and the 172 alt are swappable with the PAS setup, why aren't they swappable on the non-PAS setup?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
but if the 16v alt and the 172 alt are swappable with the PAS setup, why aren't they swappable on the non-PAS setup?

i haven't read the whole story here

but when i tried to fit my 172 alt to my non-pas setup the housing got caught on the bracket

the 16v one has a very slight difference in the shape of the housing and so clears the bracket no probs

that could be why then :)

Geesus, was going to text you on behalf of chris, he said do you have a ph1 172 fuel rail spare by any chance?

that could be why then :)

Geesus, was going to text you on behalf of chris, he said do you have a ph1 172 fuel rail spare by any chance?

i do have one, but not 100% sure it's going spare as yet, he is first in line though as soon as i make a decision

meh im confused, im using a 172 ph1 rail and it works perfectly fine....has that thing on the box end (regulator?) that has a sort of spring clip on, and a pipe running to the inlet manifold from it....

some of the early ones came with the fpr on the rail (like yours) and some of the later ones (still from a ph1) had the fpr in the tank, so the opening for the fpr on the rail was blocked off

mine is the one without a fpr in the rail, so i used an FSE to control the pressure

ive also got a webber fpr that came with the bodies, i just don't like how it was mounted so stuck with the FSE

ahhh i see. I have a 172 ph1 pump from bens car that I was going to try and rig upto mine, as the pump im using now is on 180k! the other died on 155k....

Not sure if itl fit though, still keep meaning to try it

BMW M5 & E36
Ah, i'll have the later ph1 item then, with the hole blanked off.

What would be the most cost effective way of regulating if I cant find the early type with built in reg? Still using Valver pump.

How much was the FPR from Renault if you can remember Matteh? I'm sure you've told me before! :eek:

Last edited:
  BMW M5 & E36
Meet the new shed. 2002 51, 84k, 1.8TD. Powaaah.

31072009721.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
A bit more on the engine last night and today. Plenty more painting and a few other bits you'll see too.

Had a Gates cambelt kit turn up from Pete@Auto-Nation the other day, excellent service and great price; highly recommended.

f0xy is stopping by mine on Monday afternoon on the way to Cadwell and timing the engine up for me with the new belt/tensioner/idlers etc.

Decided to replace my camera mount due to it not being all that great before. It vibrated loads and the bloke at Cadwell last time wasn't too pleased with it. So i made this up to mount on the cage using my tripod and a couple of exhaust clamps. Hopefully it'll be better and get some half decent footage

07082009727.jpg

Also got a new sunstrip after having a new windscreen fitted to replace the old cracked one. Black again, but more of a satin vinyl than gloss this time, looks better. A little deeper too

07082009729.jpg

Spent a bit of time on my inlet next...

08082009730.jpg

You may wonder what's different...

08082009731.jpg

Coilpack bracket chopped off. Firstly because it looks crap, secondly because it sits right under the bonnet vent. I could have blocked the vent up, but I'd sooner try and mount the coilpack elsewhere, probably near the thermostat housing somewhere.

08082009734.jpg

Then some paint. Stripped all the cambelt covers off in preparation for monday and painted them. Also painted the fuel rail guard and rocker cover breather

08082009738.jpg

08082009737.jpg

08082009736.jpg

You may notice a black and silver theme appearing.

Also painted the back of the block which I didnt get round to doing before

08082009740.jpg

Tidy garage as always!

08082009741.jpg

Valver outside with its new mate :clown:

08082009742.jpg

Chris

BMW M5 & E36
Cleaned before its last outing with the F7P on Tuesday. Will then be coming off the road for a short while...

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg