ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

LOL ace project.....good look with linkages tho:D

any advise needed mate, ive just the man..hes built 2!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

Collected my seats earlier in the week, thanks Chris2007 off here. Sparco Circuits:

DSCN3825.jpg

DSCN3827.jpg

DSCN3828.jpg

DSCN3829.jpg

Make amazing xbox seats until they go in the car :D

love those seats mate;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You two are mental!!

Fair play. No doubt it will be finished before mine!! lol.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just spent a good 2 hours reading this thread!! Awesome work, props to you for carrying out the work yourself! Great read and I wish you the best of luck with the 182 lump!

BMW M5 & E36
Finally got round to making a start on the engine today. I'd not touched it since I picked it up last weekend. Took the upper inlet and throttle body off first of all to give me a bit more access to everything. Also removed and labelled up some of the engine loom which I'll make a start on later on.

Added to my collection of Ph1 inlets

IMG_2433.jpg

Rocker cover revealed

IMG_2432.jpg

Removed the complete old auxillary setup, power steering pump, air con compressor, alternator and all related brackets. If anyone wants to buy any of this its no use to me :D

IMG_2430.jpg

Then I gave the engine block a quick first coat of paint. Was tempted by an interesting colour, but the engine bay is black so this'll do. It looks better than rust if nothing else.

IMG_2427.jpg

Also painted my alternator brackets while I had the paint out

IMG_2431.jpg

Not alot of progress, but its a start :)

172 cup
good start mate, its amazing how much better a engine looks after a bit of time spent painting the block etc

you had any prices on flywheel yet btw?

dosent fit with the Mk1 brackets from the lower spec models as I found out when I tried to fit it the other week, sits too far over and the belt dosent run straight! :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I fitted the 172 Alternator using the 172 bracket cut in half. Works a treat.

Had to make a ''custom'' adjuster bar though.

yeah if you use the 172 bracket it fits spot on....im running some brackets from a mk1 1.2, as is whiteley, which is the problem we have :dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ok.

Next question, what you doing manifold wise??

I asked Jordan but that was a long time ago. I've managed to forget.

BMW M5 & E36
172 manifold, top part of a 172 cat/decat (when i find one) as the downpipe, then use part of valver decat to mate it to current exhaust. Is the plan anyway, will leave it until its all in and about ready so I know what's where.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I will get some tomorrow if I can. Its up the workshop, not seen it for 2 weeks! :(

Doing a whole weekend on it this week. Hopefully.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
For a reason, they rule!!

I'm not a big picture taker mate. That and the fact my mechanic is doing most of the work!! I just come on here, steal ideas, then go and help wherever I can! lol.