ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

'92 172, Lotus Elise
pfff

can have working trip computer and rev counter in mk1 dials :D - fitment is loads better too ;)

Fitment was shite on mine with the bulkhead bar, damn connector on the Mk1 clocks sticks out about 4 inches for the speedo cable! Flush backing of the 172 is ideal ;)

And yeah but it took alot longer to get the MPG/R19 working than it did to connect one wire on the 172 clocks lol!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oooooo ITB's

Keep them they sound amazing.

Oooo actually sell them as we have the same bhp/ton at the moment. So i may just be able to keep up with you at trackdays this year lol

Good bit of progress with the cage bits.

Black 182
Just read this thread from start to finish and its took me all night lol , but hey im well impressed with ur werk and dedication mate keep it up .

BMW M5 & E36
Another one for the ever expanding tool collection :)

04022010995.jpg

Just need to sort a bottle out, hopefully got my name on one though.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
Very nice purchase, i will be getting a decent mig when/if mine goes wrong, altho dad has mentioned he wants to buy a tig, would could be interesting.

BMW M5 & E36
Yep, as above, it's a Cebora Craftmig 180.

It's '2nd hand' but virtually brand new from a (fabby) mates father in law, so priced accordingly :)

BMW M5 & E36
Collected my gas bottle last night. Will stop by a mates workshop on my way home on Monday and have it filled with an Argon/CO2 mix.

05022010997.jpg

ITB's and Omex were collected this morning too.

Out

IMG_3451copy.jpg

Replaced with

06022010998.jpg

I'll pay it in start of next week and then I'll be ordering some new seats. Also picked up a quick release steering wheel boss at the same time as the bottle :)

21 tomorrow too :drunk:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
haha nice one, happy birthday! i'm 21 on wednesday ;)

you decided what seats your buying yet?

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
happy birthday mate, hope you didn't spend all that cash on the piss last night.

remember to watch out welding in the garage, don't want to happen to you what happen to revio on c16v

BMW M5 & E36
A few more new bits :)

Had a great big box arrive from Tweeks today:

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

2x Cobra Evolution Pro's.

Picked a quick release steering wheel boss up the other evening too, should hopefully make getting in and out slightly easier with the new larger door bars in the cage.

IMG_3465.jpg

Had a cover arrive for it from Tweeks too, hopefully keep it in slightly better condition.

IMG_3469.jpg

And a new welding helmet too, auto-darkening jobby

IMG_3470.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Same seats as me! :D

(Although i'm currently on a bit of a weighloss programme. I've outgrown them! lol!!)

Should have said a while back Daniel, i would have sold you one of my GT width ones ;)

Chris is now having it for a passenger seat and one of the new ones are mine, both running one standard for driver and one GT for passenger, lol.

BMW M5 & E36
Long time no update. Got quite a bit done over the past few days after a long period of not touching the car. You may remember that I cut the roll cage out at the start of December with the intention of re-making all of the mounting points and adding some extra bars into the cage.

Well the good news is, the cage is now back in, phew. Still a lot to do yet but I'm finally getting somewhere with it. I have a deadline to work towards now too after booking Oulton on the 28th April. 6 weeks and counting.

Main hoop outer skins and mounting box

IMG_3477.jpg

Front skin and box

IMG_3478.jpg

Rear mounting point (was unsure what to do with these after cutting them out, ended up using the plates we welded in 1st time round and a 3mm steel 'spacer' to bring it upto height. Cage>spacer>shell)

IMG_3479.jpg

Sleeves between front and rear section top bar

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

That was the main structure of the cage in and solid, so I went about adding a few extras that I didn't have before.

Main hoop brace behind the seats

IMG_3480-1.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

Then a bar across the bulkhead, between the two A-pillar posts

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

Also added a small plate between the roof and the top of the cage, should hopefully stop the roof flexing quite so much. Certainly feels a bit more rigid. When paired with the A-pillar gussets I'd like to think it'll all be tied together nicely

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

Then I cut out part of the steering column mount. I plan on mounting the column from the cage, but I left the lower part in to give me a rough idea of where it was previously

IMG_3484.jpg

A few more randoms

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

Plenty left to do yet, but it's a bit of something :). Note - all welds were done by me, a complete novice. Whilst theyre not amazing I'm still reasonably happy with them, so no p*ss taking!

Thanks to Squibby for his help over the last few days too if he happens to read!