ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1998 Megane 2.0i Coupe Sport vs 172 Sport

Clio F1 R27
Does anyone have any specs on this series Meg, some guy keeps hassling me for a race. My 172 has a stealth ktec exhaust and itg panel filter. I don't think he has any mods or any chance of beating me....lol

CB600FS
172 should eat it alive to be honest, especially if its an IDE engine. Only about 140 bhp tops.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Meg coops are brilliant little cars, i loved mine.

Your 172 will wipe the floor with it. ;)

Clio 197 (in black)
There's a silver Megane coop, lowered, with a stupid exhaust on it near me. Not sure what other mods have been made to it but I hear the fecker all the time.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
lol old ones were 2.0 8v very slow, the other old ones were 2.0 16v same a a williams but due to the weight was a bit slow.
Newer ones had the 2.0 16v with 130ish bhp and are rubbish or there was a 2.0 ide which is rubbish
should have no trouble with him

Clio F1 R27
Cheers I didn't think so he seems like one of those ppl that thinks everything he has is better than everyone elses! doh

clio sport f1 r27
a had a p reg 16v f7r willy engined 1 standard with 150 bhp i put a green ik on it with a ss manifold back and de cat on it and it was good for 145 on speedo and felt amazing althu 182 is smaller i thought the megane coupe was still light for size it was may be wrong though