ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 172’s vs Cup...

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very nice!

Interesting how the silver shows the shape of the front of the car more clearly, it is more defined, thats why i want an iceberg silver not a black 172 !!

You can see how deep the cup paint is, those extra 3 coats really count.

It would be nice to have a picture of all the 172s lined up in their different colours, has this been done?

S2000

Adam

Pics dont do the 172/Cup justice at all! Beleive me when I say that the Blue of the Cup when you see it person, or have it looming large in your rear view mirror, is very defined! It looks so aggressive!

yeah, i have seen one in the flesh and the colour is fantastic i agree, just that i am getting a 172 and have seen a black and silver one together and the silver defines the cars shape better, the pic just shows it really

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

what i really love about the silver is it matches the alloys perfectly.. especially when they have just been cleaned..

Looks v nice - you might have given me a bell and we could have made it 2 of each ;)

Mind you, Id have to have entered Fife, and thats not something I do lightly :D

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 19 March 2003

You can see how deep the cup paint is, those extra 3 coats really count.
Should it not have had less coats to keep the weight down, or is that what helps to stop it:)

Clio 1.6 16V

Teady, like the photograph, pitty you couldnt move the sun for a bit! Like the location too, was that near Crail/St Andrews direction by any chance? We need to do a repeat of this shoot, but next time I will bring my camera along. Neil

S2000

Neil,

It was taken in Torryburn next to the Forth. I think it will be better in the summer when the sun is high in the sky. I have access to a pretty tasty digital camera, so maybe you can give me some tips!

Clio 1.6 16V

Paul,

Will do. We need to arrange a day with a few cars in the near future, ideally a day that has hazy sunshine and not to bright. I will bring my camera along too and do a combined shot. I have loads of web space and the domain http://www.clio-sport-172.co.ukwww.clio-sport-172.co.uk so we could possibly set up a site with all the scottish section photographs that could be viewed seperately or linked to on this site.

Neil