ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 GRAND OF DAMAGE!?!?! MY AR$E

hey folks, about a month ago some old cow in a lupo came out at a junction and *****d into my front arch. GREAT! so she drives off after swaping details and im left calling the pickup guys cause the wheels buckleing under a bit.....

anyway 4 weeks since the accident the insurance (tesco, to name and shame them) are still fcukin around and tried to tell me it was written off! have a look at the pics and tell me wot u think....

iv since bought the car back from them (£325) and was given £2130 to fix it. took the engineer report to a guy i know and hes quoted me 1250 for repairs....leavingf me with a decent wad!

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp

first off all, wot u think!!??

cheers, paul.

Lionel Richie
lower arm, ball joint, hub, strut, driveshaft, possible subframe, wheel, tyre, spring

could be everything knackered, even the box could be damaged

lower arm, ball joint, hub, strut, driveshaft, possible subframe, wheel, tyre, spring

well thats wot the report suggests, it goes pretty deep in... not been able to have a look yet tho, since iv not had the car iv bought new seats,lowering kit, harnesses, side repeaters, mirrors....can u tell im bored without her?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I had an almost identical smash, same colour and mk2 and everything, except mine happened when i wasn't even in the car. I think i got hit a little harder, had to have new wing, whole bumber, headlight etc...

Just hope its only body work damage and nothing more, if its been checked over properly by a mechanic and thats the quote, go for it.

Luckily the kid who hit me was honest and being young didnt wanna put it through the insurance. I got it checked by a mechanic and it was only costmetic and ended up with an almost identical to yours. b**ch is that everything on that part is plastic, so cannot be just dented out or what ever. Sounds like a fair quote and a nice pocket full for your inconvenience

I had an almost identical smash, same colour and mk2 and everything, except mine happened when i wasn't even in the car. I think i got hit a little harder, had to have new wing, whole bumber, headlight etc...

Just hope its only body work damage and nothing more, if its been checked over properly by a mechanic and thats the quote, go for it.

Luckily the kid who hit me was honest and being young didnt wanna put it through the insurance. I got it checked by a mechanic and it was only costmetic and ended up with an almost identical to yours. b**ch is that everything on that part is plastic, so cannot be just dented out or what ever. Sounds like a fair quote and a nice pocket full for your inconvenience

whilst the money will be gud mate...all i want is my car back, iv been without it for a month and the repairs havnt even began yet. looks like bein another month before i can hold her lol

this may sound sad but im actually worried shes sitting in the sun fadeing away or theres bird sh!t eaten my paint!

btw the reason its takin so long is cos the insurance asked for receipts of all mods id made so they could value it! its takein forever...u think theyl compensate me for the time theyre takeing?????

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
Defo not a write off my mates crashed a lupo and had worse damage to the axel and he got told it was then £3k and then £6k, an then he fixed it him self it looks as good as new and it is safe. He works for VW so he had everything he needed!

RenaultSport 172.
and if anything needed jigging...

the insurance will see that as a straight right off.

you may know it, clio?
well your going to need a new side, bonnet, bumper and front light...

try getting them second hand, there not too difficult to fit i think?

Mondeo STTDCI
I would not have bought the car. Having done that already I would strip and sell parts and then buy something that wont be a CAT C/D

BMW M135i
Keep the money, buy another one and break the crashed one for parts. Should be able to get a bit of cash from that. Not worth repairing imo.

?
Yeh dont spend the money on repairing it! you could buy another one with that money! Just break the one you have now for parts and sell it... then use the money (a few hundread quid maybe) and buy a 172 :D

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Not sur eon your age but £2,100 is over halfway towards a Mk1 172... I know what I'd be spending cash on!

VX220 Turbo
that will need to be put on a jig without any doubt, you can stick a new arm on it and then in 3 months time realise that one tyre is wearing quite quickly.

dont fix it on the cheap! because when the parts you cut corners on repairing fail or are needed you could end up having a fatal crash

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Bear in mind that even repaired your car is on the register as a cat c or d car and is worth much less when you sell it on. Break the wreck and buy a straight one !

Astra coupe
here we go again with the 'dont drive a previously damaged car bullsh*t' Why not? If the lad loves his car, let him repair it. It's no different to having your car repaired by the insurance company.

BMW M135i
here we go again with the 'dont drive a previously damaged car bullsh*t' Why not? If the lad loves his car, let him repair it. It's no different to having your car repaired by the insurance company.

Except it wouldn't be registered as a Cat C/D writeoff, theres a reason the insurance company wrote it off. Because its not worth repairing for the cost of another one, its just a waste of money.

VX220 Turbo
the only difference being that the bodyshop will use a jig to make sure everything is straight, if u intend to put it on the road and drive it into the ground then do it but if you plan on fixing and selling it on you wont make any profit

Chocolate Bar™
Defo not a write off my mates crashed a lupo and had worse damage to the axel and he got told it was then £3k and then £6k, an then he fixed it him self it looks as good as new and it is safe. He works for VW so he had everything he needed!

lupo gtis worth hell of a lot more than a clio though! even though the cosmetics arent bad as fred said anything could be wrong underneath. Nomatter how bad the wing etc is, it all needs replacing which is where the cost comes in

Astra coupe
Except it wouldn't be registered as a Cat C/D writeoff, theres a reason the insurance company wrote it off. Because its not worth repairing for the cost of another one, its just a waste of money.
Yes because they use dealer parts and pay silly labour costs! My pug would of cost nearly 1.5k to repair using dealer parts ect....cost me £350 and a few days work

S1RST/205GTI

Correct,and thats just mechanical +4 wheel alignment!

New bumper,fog light,h/lamp,wing.
Inner wing repair,f/panel repair,chassis leg repair etc etc.
Cant tell if it needs all these from pics,but then theres labour charge which is probably £30 per hour.
Some cars do take a long time in Bodyshops,waiting for parts etc.

Matt(Volvo Body technition):)

VX220 Turbo
also i forgot to add you might just spray the damaged panels wheras the bodyshop wil spray nearly half the car to repair the damage photo'd there the bonet and door would be painted for a colour match.

just as a bit of a guide price for painting costs:

rear 1/4 on a clio sprayed to remove key scratch.
my work charge £500 that includes removal and replace rear window front door painted for colour. all paintowrk is guaranteed against faults by both the paint manufacturer and the bodyshop.

backstreet garage mask out the window and only paint the 1/4 £130 (all areas around the window where the laquer has exposed edges will eventually end up with the laquer flaking off.