ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Owners, I need your help. (Pic Whorage chance)

V6 255
I think you can't go wrong with any colour tbh, though for me LY doesn't seem to suit the 200 as much as the R27 or Megane R26 or Trophy, and for that reason I personally wouldn't.

Otherwise -
cup chassis
speedlines
recaros
monitor (for bluetooth etc)
projectors
GT spoiler (subtle)
Black roof depending on colour

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im with daniel tbh.. Not a big fan of the recaro in the mk3 but id spec em, once i get the car take em out and sell em fir a profit! And buy some boggo ones...

/gettingold

GTD, Lupo
Just out of interest you do know you can no longer order a 200 new? im sure there are still loads around unregistered but might start to get a little hard finding one with the right spec soon.

Edit: Might be a few weeks left!

Last edited:
  Clio RS200 FF
The only pic I have of mine at the moment:

IMAG0201-1.gif

Ultra red
Cup chassis
Recaros

I've got a 'sprint' spoiler on order from K Tec racing coming soon too (they are out of stock despite what their site says). I'm not a fan of the speedlines and much prefer the anthracite of the standard cup packed cars wheels.

The seats are £1315 each from recaro by the way.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Anything except for Liquid Yellow. Unless you're a girl. It's glittery gold FFS!

Don't get Ultra Red. I like having the only one with a proper spec. :eek:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Had a test drive in one today.... Even in traffic I couldn't stop smiling, that engine just has so much giggle factor!

Also, they'll be taking orders for the clio 200 for a good while yet. Dealer reckons they'll start taking orders on the new clio end of november, but won't take delivery 'till march.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Storm grey FTW.

Second choice would be ultra red I think.

I had black with real carbon bonnet, black speedline, full fat with cup chassis. Looked like this:

IMG_4289copy.jpg

IMG_3669copy.jpg

Food for thought, Racing Blue?

I wouldn't be as happy with standard seats tbh, Recaro's give it a better feel, especially with cup chassis.

Anyone who doesn't like the ride will only be happy wrapped in cotton wool while they drive, there's nothing wrong with it.

Any reason to *****. :eek:

Image.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Also, they'll be taking orders for the clio 200 for a good while yet. Dealer reckons they'll start taking orders on the new clio end of november, but won't take delivery 'till march.

It could be a good idea to give Ruk customer services a call about that. I have been told that the last ones will be built in early October.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I never liked RB on the 197 really, but love it on the 200. Odd.

Mercedes
Im sure they have now stopped taking orders on the continent for them so we wont be far off stopping orders

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm placing my order on Sunday (My Birthday :)).

Nimbus Grey.
GT Spoiler.
Cup Chassis.
Speedlines.
Recaros.

Big 20th Bday present to myself!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
nimbus is incredibly bland on a 200... i saw one the other week driven by a middle aged woman, almost didnt realise it was a 200 until i saw the exhaust trims

ly
rb
a white/ur
black/nimbus

in that order :p

I know you've already picked what colour you want, but I miss it and need an excuse to post pics, so meh.

022edit.jpg

018-1.jpg

Projectors are a must.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Anything except for Liquid Yellow. Unless you're a girl. It's glittery gold FFS!

Don't get Ultra Red. I like having the only one with a proper spec. :eek:

FU!

Had a test drive in one today.... Even in traffic I couldn't stop smiling, that engine just has so much giggle factor!

that actually made me smile. reminded me of getting in my 197 for the first time :eek:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Can you still get Storm Grey and Alien Green?

Storm Grey looks amazing tbh

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I had a GT! and I liked the GT spoiler. The Ktec ones all look too OH LOOK IM A f**king SPOILER SUCK MY DICK for my liking, even the sprint one (although quite subtle). Same with Liquid Yellow, bit shouty.

I think colours like LY and RB worked a lot better on the MK2 because it was a little cutsie car that could get away with lary colours. Although, Alien green would have been my choice if I could have gotten it! But yeah, I like how the nimbus is a bit understated and classy compared to the rest.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I had a GT! and I liked the GT spoiler. The Ktec ones all look too OH LOOK IM A f**kING SPOILER SUCK MY DICK for my liking, even the sprint one (although quite subtle). Same with Liquid Yellow, bit shouty.

I think colours like LY and RB worked a lot better on the MK2 because it was a little cutsie car that could get away with lary colours. Although, Alien green would have been my choice if I could have gotten it! But yeah, I like how the nimbus is a bit understated and classy compared to the rest.

ly looks a bit faded on the mk 3 when placed next to a mk2 because theres so 'much'... was gonna say bigger flat surfaces lol. the 182s have more lines to stop the pearl from coming through. the mk3s dont :dapprove:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I had a GT! and I liked the GT spoiler. The Ktec ones all look too OH LOOK IM A f**kING SPOILER SUCK MY DICK for my liking, even the sprint one (although quite subtle). Same with Liquid Yellow, bit shouty.

can pick up Alien Green ones for cheap now......

this is literally perfect, has every option i would have and is only £11,795!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/m217gg/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

seems a no brainer really

GTD, Lupo
nimbus is incredibly bland on a 200... i saw one the other week driven by a middle aged woman, almost didnt realise it was a 200 until i saw the exhaust trims

ly
rb
a white/ur
black/nimbus

in that order :p

That will be more down to the spec! I saw a mercury 200 a few years back when I had my GW one and like you said it almost looked like a standard Clio.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That will be more down to the spec! I saw a mercury 200 a few years back when I had my GW one and like you said it almost looked like a standard Clio.

i think it was the weather tbh, even if it had black speedlines itd just look like a 'normal' car with black/hidden wheels.

a cup spoiler wouldve been the only thing to make it stand out... or projectors

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Of all the unique Renault colours available, you pick grey?

Silverstone is the only silver to have imo, too bland.

LOL Unique? Not really, see loads in all the bright renault colours, yet every dealer ive been too and mentioned Nimbus they've said "Bit rare for that option, it'll probably be a factory order". Which it is. Even the system said they only had about 10 cars at the docks in Nimbus, all random specs that no person would ever pick. (EG, full fat, no cup chassis or anything.... just recaros?)

Either way, my money, my car, NIMBUS IS UNIQUE. And classayyyyy

As a car manufacturer, Renault has some of the best unique colours.

Grey is not unique compared to the number of other cars on the road, there's a reason why there aren't many Nimbus'.

How many Liquid Yellow or Racing Blue cars do you see a day? How many grey ones? ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As a car manufacturer, Renault has some of the best unique colours.

Grey is not unique compared to the number of other cars on the road, there's a reason why there aren't many Nimbus'.

How many Liquid Yellow or Racing Blue cars do you see a day? How many grey ones? ;)

i love being one of the only bright cars on the motorway lol.

i very very rarely see LY on the road... but when i went to pick my car up, i saw one in sunderland (where im from) and one on the motorway on the way home!?

then when i moved to wigan i saw another one semi frequently... and i had a play with one on the motorway once. thats it lol. out of 142 ive seen 5 including my own

GTD, Lupo
i love being one of the only bright cars on the motorway lol.

i very very rarely see LY on the road... but when i went to pick my car up, i saw one in sunderland (where im from) and one on the motorway on the way home!?

Here are the sale figures for 2010. I would imagine LY figures are now greater than nimbus. I will try get hold oF some up to date figures.

Glacier White - 35%
Deep Black - 16%
Albi Blue - 13%
Ultra Red - 8%
Racing Blue - 7%
Nimbus - 6%
Liquid Yellow - 5%
Storm Grey - 3%
Pearl White - 2%
Mercury - 2%
Alien Green - 1.5%

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Here are the sale figures for 2010. I would imagine LY figures are now greater than nimbus. I will try get hold oF some up to date figures.

Glacier White - 35%
Deep Black - 16%
Albi Blue - 13%
Ultra Red - 8%
Racing Blue - 7%
Nimbus - 6%
Liquid Yellow - 5%
Storm Grey - 3%
Pearl White - 2%
Mercury - 2%
Alien Green - 1.5%

mines an r27, was just making a point about ly lol.