ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200bhp Clio coming on great!

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 27 May 2005
For a quick solution socks were run as a temporary solution for filtration, however they suck...in a bad way and power lost was in the region of almost 40bhp!!!!!!!!A custom filter has been made to the measurements required, and now a custom baseplate is needed to clear the fuel rails.

We somehow broke a sock and sucked it in today.... they do indeed suck

on a 20v turbo?

it was a particuarly bad case on this car, as they dont normally loose quite that much power, but due to the trumpets basically touching on the side, it made life terrible for them.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 30 May 2005
on a 20v turbo?it was a particuarly bad case on this car, as they dont normally loose quite that much power, but due to the trumpets basically touching on the side, it made life terrible for them.

The 20VT is my road car, the throttle bodied clio is my dads rally car.

Thats the trouble with clios, just not enough space under the bonnet. Thinking about upgrading to a megane just for the extra room. We actually have shorter trumpets on just to get it to fit. Not ideal my meh :/

The new 200 bhp Clio sounds like it will be terrific, but whats the odds some people here reckon it is not as good as the MK 1 Williams ?

:p

Quote: Originally posted by Vee Six on 30 May 2005

The new 200 bhp Clio sounds like it will be terrific, but whats the odds some people here reckon it is not as good as the MK 1 Williams ?

:p
:confused: its a bodied williams engine... how can it not be better? its willy tracked on coilovers so will also handle better :D

no i think hes taking the piss out of Williams owners thinking their cars are the best things ever? Who knows.............anyway, the cars running 216bhp, over 250bhp/ton depending on how mad i go with the stripping, and is running williams trakc with coilovers...............

its not the best car ever, just best hot hatch ever :p but this is a whole new animal... ill be coming back Ben to get more mods when I can... lol

Chris, this thing is an absoloute flying machine, i expected it to be fast, but f**k me, it was pulling away from my mate 290bhp TT from 3rd gear onwards, enough said? And i had a full set of valver wheels and tyres on the back seat. If the rev counter is pointing past 5k, in any gear, it will just pull and pull.........the speeds it was quite easily pulling before the gearbox gave up would get banned straight away from this site. I have no doubt the 1/4 mile times will explain all, the first 13 sec N/A clio on this site NO DOUBT

German Barge

crazy.....

i would love to do it, but i was saying to ben last night that the jap scene is tempting me.... we shall see though....

as many have said videos needed asap !! lol.

lol....i gave my camera to andy......but naturally the techno illeterate baboon didnt record anything.

andy andy andy........lol.........

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 05 June 2005

lol....i gave my camera to andy......but naturally the techno illeterate baboon didnt record anything.

andy andy andy........lol.........
says the man who managed to get videos of nothing from my car ;)... even I managed to get some 1/2 decent footage from Waynes camera! lol

gutted that I couldnt come and collect it with Clean16v, was well looking forward to having a play with this... before we were close... but you were 40bhp down... should be funny seeing how much I get smoked. hehe

NO, hes not brought em round yet... waaaaa! :cry:

Ill try and get them off him tonight, will see how his car is, as I think hes getting the box done at the place that usually do all the stuff for his Clios... well, last I heard... but you know Mehdi, hes prolly taken it somewhere else to have a 1 off diamond gearbox :). Really really cannot wait to go out in this thing!!!

See, all that stressing out for nothing, easy peasy ;)... when can you do mine? :D lol dont for get that *cough* percent discount you promised me too ;) hehe

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Wow, that is a special one. I bet ull never want to sell it!!! (not that ure thinking of selling it yet!)

[Edited by S2 PTH on 06 June 2005 at 12:52pm]

BenR, might be pming u in the future to see what can be done to my 2.0 rover T in the kit.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 06 June 2005

im still coughing! lol
B*****D! lol

out of interest, had this conversion been done on forged pistons, wilder cams, possibly new injectors how much power would we roughly be looking at, for both a 2.0 and 2.2... cams would be anything from 300+ Id imagine too?

its got new injectors capable of 269bhp! new injectors....tut tut

Well, if i could of run forgies, higher CR, run the cam timing more aggressively without clearance problems and supported 7700rpm, then i would say about 225 and about 10-15ft.lbs torque extra. I wouldnt go wilder on the cams unless i could support 8000rpm with the bottom end.

2.2 ltr in the trim that its in now, supporting 8000rpm and youd have to run wilder cams to make power up there. 230-240bhp without going crazy.

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 05 June 2005
I have no doubt the 1/4 mile times will explain all, the first 13 sec N/A clio on this site NO DOUBT

Depends on what you count really :)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Hollister on 06 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 05 June 2005

I have no doubt the 1/4 mile times will explain all, the first 13 sec N/A clio on this site NO DOUBT

Depends on what you count really :)

TimO has done a 13.9....;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG

i ran a 13.9 as well with my old 2.0 renault lump in ( without nos ) but me thinks this will be the 1st mk1 clio in the 13s - definately !!! well done !!