ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200bhp Clio coming on great!

Lionel Richie

oooh its getting a bit too tense in here!!!! its like a group of girls at a shoe sale

the word of the day is "Stunning"

*minces off*

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Engine looks great,i feel there is more effort going into this conversation than the conversion though...lol

ian

Fooking awesome work Ben!!!

Cant wait to see this in the flesh clean, defo need to organise a N/W meet once the beast is unleashed!! :)

unfortunately that plate is already taken and is on my car..well near enough....

Ben: what would happen if water was ingested through the trumpets?... as water cannot be compressed...... im sure youve addressed this issue?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by gunnergibson on 28 April 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">unfortunately that plate is already taken and is on my car..well near enough....<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"> <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Ben: what would happen if water was ingested through the trumpets?... as water cannot be compressed...... im sure youve addressed this issue?

what happens if water is sucked in to any engine... are u asking or are you trying (badly) to make ben look silly ? unless he decides to drive it through a massive river im sure it will be fine... its not like this is the only tbodied car ever is it, other people dont have probs so why would he ?

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 28 April 2005

thats what the filters are for
And a bonnet.......sheesh......

Its actually a boat, and those are the hydrojets.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 28 April 2005

thats what the filters are for
And a bonnet.......sheesh......

Its actually a boat, and those are the hydrojets.
hmmm, James Bond conversions? Okay, im interested, where do I sign up? I has to be able to fly too though, as I wont use it underwater all that much...

sh*t! My secret plan of building the worlds first boat/drag racer have been foiled! Nice one Gunner, it was meant to be a secret!

:-D

lol my question was a genuine one,as my mate drove foolishly through a ford and broke his engine.

although it was a slightly rhetorical question

anyway thank you for answering my question.

There is no disptuting its looking good the whole mk 1 community is really looking forward to the unveiling ceremony... whats the date?

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 28 April 2005

Thats gunna be one crazy car!

Gunner you really dont like ben do you?!
lol! thats a bit of an assumption, i have never met the man, nor had the pleasure of having work on my car carried out by him!

hence i have no reason to dislike him. Unfortunately i have an interest in cars, and mechanical aspects, so i like to pose questions.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 28 April 2005

Thats gunna be one crazy car!

Gunner you really dont like ben do you?!
lol! thats a bit of an assumption, i have never met the man, nor had the pleasure of having work on my car carried out by him!

hence i have no reason to dislike him. Unfortunately i have an interest in cars, and mechanical aspects, so i like to pose questions.
Fair enough!

Just seems to come across in your posts like you dont

FRST and 106 GTi

Ben: what would happen if water was ingested through the trumpets?... as water cannot be compressed...... im sure youve addressed this issue?
Ever heard of water injection? Water is an anti-detonation, so air humidity is something you want on a high CR engine. Ok, its not taken too serious, but if you had a modified high boost engine, water injection is something that you should have a look.

2005 Nissan Navara

ive seen it happen on a Mitsi Pajero off road vehicle, so it can happen on a Clio. granted its not likely, but equally not impossible

Are you running an enclosed airbox Ben?

lol.....if mehdi drives through a 3 foot gorge, then it really has nothing to do with how much preperation i put into making the car submersable.

Really, where has common sense gone.

And no closed airbox is used........why, because the trumpets stick right out infront of enverything.

the only way i can think of expressing my thoughts on that engine are:

Holy f**king sh*t w**k.

Thats a beatiful thing, this car is gonna fly

Quick update, recieved a picture message from Ben earlier today of the car on the back of a low-loader, en route to Omex HQ for its mapping session!

Also, the group buy on bodywork is going ahead this Saturday!