ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've been out in the first gen RS3, tuned with about 400bhp. That did a stellar job of rearranging my internal organs. You should talk to Revo.
This gen will map to 430 safely. I just need to find a map that will improve cruising MPG then I might consider it. The Revo maps make them worse at the moment!

Snotter's
I am surprised at the map worsening the fuel economy? Have you looked at GIAC software? Very big in the states and there is a dealer in Sheffield called Statler who know are top notch.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats weird, my Golf is marginally better on gas mileage than when it was 260bhp (god dang road side mappers).

What about APR software? My local dealer has an 8v RS3 running 500bhp :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
This gen will map to 430 safely. I just need to find a map that will improve cruising MPG then I might consider it. The Revo maps make them worse at the moment!
Have a look at shark. Nottingham based, I'm running one of their maps, mpg 10% up.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thats weird, my Golf is marginally better on gas mileage than when it was 260bhp (god dang road side mappers).

What about APR software? My local dealer has an 8v RS3 running 500bhp 😧
I like that you can switch maps using the stalk controls with Apr.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You anywhere near Stockport? Unicorn Developments used to be thee place to go for custom maps on VAG's.

Reactions: JD

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Drives a ridiculous performance petrol car on the motorway because he 'wants to', tries to justify the cost of a remap based on fuel savings. 😂😂
I'd only see the benefit of having an extra 50bhp maybe once a week, so it has to earn its money!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Love the bang on up shifts!
And the fact you're blatantly just hooning around a farmers lanes that you just visited to gather pig semen 😂
Actually its where we store some grain....

We own the road though so its great for little hoons, even if it is VERY narrow.

none
Sounds lovely, just ordered an s3 saloon, although not quite a rs3 still should be a nice drive.

Unfortunately the r53 GP will have to go though :(

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Love the bang on up shifts!
And the fact you're blatantly just hooning around a farmers lanes that you just visited to gather pig semen 😂
So much for 367bhp standard.....

Power.jpg

Dat torque though. Table top.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Wtf?! Standard as well??
Yeah bone standard, on a mix of 95 and 97 ron with 4000 miles on the clock.

Mapping with the current maps would only gain me maybe 15bhp and 20lb/ft.

Revo are saying theirs will be 450bhp/400lb/ft so we'll see....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Is that torque limited by mapping or is it genuinely just that flat?
Limited by mapping. Although even remapped ones tend to be flat, just 20lb up.

Apparently the drop off is for heat suppression reasons. This can be mapped out.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
8 weeks in. 5500 miles on the clock. Its getting faster.

Its not limited either.