ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

220bhp 172 (itbs)

Went to GDI today to see my old 172 with itbs and also meet up with Jon/TheJesus and Taylor.

I'm sure he'll be along to tell you more about the exhaust but in general the old one blew apart and he's had a custom jobbie put on.

When I had the car the itbs kind of drowned out any exhaust note.

The exhaust note now is much louder imo and sounds great. Revs like a beauty. Almost a wrc sound. ;)

The video doesn't really do it justice but the pops and bangs it makes are sooooo loud it scares the s**t out of you.

Great to see the car and to meet Jon and Taylor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2YA1TJ5mfY

It's still going strong!

There was also a 800 atwhp dodge viper there which GDI are working on.

Chris

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Saw the red viper this morning too. 800 brake you say?!! It looked a 'tad' modded;)

I was over with BenR @ Angelworks.

Never realised how close both companies are!!!:eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
afaik the car has a Jenvey ITB setup, cams, OMEX, decat and exhaust

i toyed with the idea of buying it from Chris when he was selling...bottled it in the end. lol

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
As far as I know the current engine spec is....

F4R 2.0-litre 16-valve inline 4 cylinder
Jenvey Individual Throttle Bodies and fuel rail
Jenvey head
GDI custom fast road high torque billet cams
Piper vernier performance pulleys
OMEX600 stand alone engine management
350cc injectors
Uprated walbro fuel pump
VEMS wideband lambda AFR meter
Jenvey manifold
Jenvey sausage filter
Powerflow cat back exhaust system (stainless steel)
Janspeed silenced decat (stainless steel)
Custom painted head cover
Air Con removed

Sounds amazing next to it with the window down, may a repeat NEXT TO IT....;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hehe, well ican now say after driving this car 220 miles i think its awesome, crazy man lets a girl drive his car and insists she gives it death lol

the sound is in a world of its own. and the exhaust is unreal, we had it up on the ramps and its amazing quality, the welds are seamless, and its all mandrel bent, one has already been ordered for my car :D

nice to meet you chris :D nice girlie laugh you have in that vid :p
bet you had a bit of a shock when you heard the car coming miles away then it was me driving it lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

Jenvey head
350cc injectors
Uprated walbro fuel pump
Jenvey manifold
Jenvey sausage filter
Air Con removed

this is a whole new exhaust gaz :p hes had a bit more work done since then... time for a re match lol

hehe, well ican now say after driving this car 220 miles i think its awesome, crazy man lets a girl drive his car and insists she gives it death lol

the sound is in a world of its own. and the exhaust is unreal, we had it up on the ramps and its amazing quality, the welds are seamless, and its all mandrel bent, one has already been ordered for my car :D

nice to meet you chris :D nice girlie laugh you have in that vid :p
bet you had a bit of a shock when you heard the car coming miles away then it was me driving it lol

ha, my laugh is quality. I thought Jon had long hair when the car pulled up but realised it was you driving.

He took me out in the car and it still pulled amazingly well. The engine still feels as strong as it came out the factory. You really have to hear the car to experience how good it sounds, the video is shite really.

I'd still batter you in my 300 mate ;) but nice car and nice try lol.

Notorious - yea its got a silenced janspeed de-cat. No 182 exhaust mani though, no need for it to be honest.

The fumes coming out the exhaust is fuel, hence popping all the time. He's had it mapped that way. CHAV :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol then he remaped it for more flames... hahahhaha. i drove it all the way home really concious about every time i let off it would spit flames

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Jenvey head
350cc injectors
Uprated walbro fuel pump
Jenvey manifold
Jenvey sausage filter
Air Con removed

this is a whole new exhaust gaz :p hes had a bit more work done since then... time for a re match lol

I wasn't on about the exhaust sound, throttle bodies....:evil:

Always up for a re-match but Jon's had more work done and since the last dual I've found out my cars done the equivalent of a couple of seasons Cup racing and I've now lost about 15bhp....;) ....but hey ho apparently about 185bhp is a more 'realistic' figure anyway....:S

Could do with having the re-match as close to mine as poss, I'm losing power every mile I do by the sounds of it...;)

next to you say Gaz? seem to remember pulling away ;) lol

yeah, the cup racing seasons will do that... or it may just be stromba being a wee bit jealous ;) lol. deffo up for a rematch, it's much quicker that last time, much better and easier to drive too :) we'll deffo have a rematch soon :cool:

Good finally meeting you Chris, the 300zx is a fooking beast, unreal how it just nails you to the seat! Deffo get owned by that lol, would have to take you to a track to stand any hope lol.

The new exhaust is UNREAL! It's only slighly louder at tickover, with a deeper burble and sounds almost like a scooby. thanks to extra mapped in flames it now pops and backfires like a WRC car on over run, it's mental! The vids on tell some of the story, the noise is lovely and not too loud at all even when giving it death. It travells far, but it's not that loud in the car, it's also none droning which is the best thing, on the motorway is very quiet, you can have a normal conversation and still easily fall asleep after 5 hours sleep and 550 miles driving... not that I was allowed I did almost nod off a couple of times lol.

I'll have to borrow a decent video and get some better footage of it, also it's hard to explain how good the quality of the system is. It's all been cut to CAD drawings and laser welded, so it's literall perfect. On mine the decat isn't quite the same shape as the cat, so this was done as a one off to fit with the decat, but the other thing I'm really pleased about is this one follows the exhaust path and exits where my current bumper cut is. The cut isn't inline with the exhaust, but the tail pipe has been re-angled and designed to fit the bumper cut and sit perfectly straight. Overall the system quality is amazing. I've had a fair amount of exhaust systems in my time and this is quite easily the best one, the quality and noise just blew me away :) Was a top day and I'm well happy with it.

Peperami - I'll get some up as soon as I can, I should have got some while it was at GDI on the ramps thinking about it.

Gone for a Jap style thin slash cut exit too, which I think is very subtle as I was getting bored of the rolled 3" pipes so fancied a change... not to everyone's taste but it's exactly how I wanted :D

Seb, I know mate! lol. I'll have to pop over some weekend when I'm next at Andy's!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i think ill go for the twin exit but not rolled like my current one, the built quality is far far better than the k-tec one.

its a really nice tone too, after driving this one so much over the weekend ( over 250 miles) then driving mine again today i really dislike my exhaust tone now ... grr lol