ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Clio's, 2 (hundred) miles and 1 Great road!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Us lot last weekend, hope you enjoyed the roads lad ! great pics all the lines on the hairpin are Mcraeslovechild (Dylan in his GSI)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bnfqcmVp7iI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS6jShtQve4

Mine after a bit of flight
p0208081327sm8.jpg

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Myself , Big Jts, Daniel, M88 EJR, and Jimmer1 went there last year.

Did it over 2 days , traveled a bit further though.

Truly amazing roads, we are defo going back this year.

I am jealous.

BTW, how come the front splitter of the JON13S's blue Clio looks so big?? Mine is thinner :)

Last edited:

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Looks like a good day, I took the Mountains on back in March.

Some cracking roads and better than the EVO triangle I reckon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As Evandim states earlier the two Trophy's were mine and Jonny's. We were leading the convoy of other cars as you probably noticed... with the Trophy's being in their rightful place at the front! :D

It was a fantastic day and I'll get some pics posted up in the next day or two. Sorry we didn't have a real chance to stop and chat guys but, as Evandim says, if you are ever over this way again then drop us a PM or visit our Club site and take a look for the next meet...

Cheers fellas!

Clio Trophy 182
excellent pics lads! looks like you had a good day out! loving the photo of mine and Sharkys Trophys :)

Mad roads tho!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
I am jealous.

BTW, how come the front splitter of the JON13S's blue Clio looks so big?? Mine is thinner :)

yeah my splitter was damaged on a ramp at a tyre place so they paid out for a brand new original one from renault. lots of money for some plastic (which is stashed under my bed for a rainy day). the one on the cup cost me a fiver from the scrap yard and is very bendy so takes a little more punishment. had a couple of srapes in the pull ins up there.

contrary to what people say it is not a meggy splitter and fits / looks a little different. i quite like it but thats my opinion and if i want to change it i can lol.

FF Blackgold 182
excellent pics lads! looks like you had a good day out! loving the photo of mine and Sharkys Trophys :)

Mad roads tho!

think we have a couple more piccys somewhere... will see what Anim@l litters his faebook with.

Loved every second of it! I have sorted Jonny G out with the three Trophy pics I took. It would have been rude not to! ;) Let me know what originals you want Mr Clark and I'll sort it! :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As already noted... one of the Trophys was Jonny's and the other was mine (driven by my good lady Evandim - thanks hun!). I hope you don't mind me adding a few photos here in keeping with yours...

20080810_rebelrun_169.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_190.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_196.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_197.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_198.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_178.jpg

Cheers!

172 Race Car
Epic convoy!

I had a warning that u were all coming down the hill. thats why I stopped when u all came past (in the silver Phase 1)

Oh and i really want a Trophy now!

FF Blackgold 182
As already noted... one of the Trophys was Jonny's and the other was mine (driven by my good lady Evandim - thanks hun!). I hope you don't mind me adding a few photos here in keeping with yours...

20080810_rebelrun_190.jpg

20080810_rebelrun_197.jpg

Cheers!

Love it! Great pics! :D

Clio Trophy 182
Loved every minuite of driving those roads on Sunday, As i've said on Rebel Forums i'm loving the photos Sharky!

The two really went well togeather up the mountain road too, was nice to give them a bit of stick and trash them about a bit!

Cheers Anim@l too for the pics you sent me!

Will have to do it again sometime!

This road seems to be all the rage now. Might have to go somewhere else to play, because all the tourist traffic on it is a joke.

Here's a couple I took from months/years ago

FRSSunriseMountain037.gif

FRSSunriseMountain009.gif

ClioPhotoshoot043.gif

CelicaGT-Four022edit.gif

9135b0e6.gif

TheZS2031.gif

RIMG0291.gif

To be honest, there are better roads than that, but not within easy access.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest, there are better roads than that, but not within easy access.

There are indeed... but not always very accessible when you have a convoy of 30 cars behind you... :rasp: I have to say that we've never had problems with traffic when we've passed through either. Must have been lucky thus far.

Depends on the day I guess. I never go up there on the weekends, too many sightseeing people. Usually after work, evening time. Night time is a laugh. Horses and ponies congrigate on the middle of the road, on corners. Very intelligent!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on the day I guess. I never go up there on the weekends, too many sightseeing people. Usually after work, evening time. Night time is a laugh. Horses and ponies congrigate on the middle of the road, on corners. Very intelligent!

:lolup: Things is... if people stick to this popular road at least it leaves some of the other hidden gems free for those in the know! As for the horses and ponies, we've come across them once or twice but not in the road. Although a guy had parked up in the middle of the road to feed them a loaf of bread...

:lolup: Things is... if people stick to this popular road at least it leaves some of the other hidden gems free for those in the know! As for the horses and ponies, we've come across them once or twice but not in the road. Although a guy had parked up in the middle of the road to feed them a loaf of bread...

Yeah, I guess. Some gems in mid Wales, roads purely for driving enjoyment.

Horses are a real issue in the night, very nearly hit them a few times. Sheep are the worst though. They eat on the edges of the tarmac, and once theyve decided that theyre gong across, nothing changes their mind.

I had to unleash full braking force in an Impreza from "x-mph", in order not to rearrange and repaint the front end, due to a sheep. Good brakes on those Imprezas! HAHAHA!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I remember driving this road for the first time in 1991 when it was a lot narrower in my old plum coloured 16V astra GTE