ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Clio's, 2 (hundred) miles and 1 Great road!

172 Race Car
9135b0e6.gif

Love this pic, id take my snowboard with me too.

Both my fav past times in one place!

LY182/NHB CTR
Depends on the day I guess. I never go up there on the weekends, too many sightseeing people. Usually after work, evening time. Night time is a laugh. Horses and ponies congrigate on the middle of the road, on corners. Very intelligent!

Yes some of the roads have got busy over the years, but then I'm just old and there wasnt much traffic on the main roads when I first starting driving.. lol In fact when I was learning to drive my Dad would take me to the black mountain road.. He must have had a death wish lol

However saying that we had a clear run up on the Sunday I only slowed down because I saw a group of people (the CS members) on the side of the road and thought there might have been an off..

West Wales and North Wales are stunning too we have done a couple of Wales Tours covering pretty much the whole of Wales and it is surprising the amount of locals that dont know whats on the door step..

Also love Yorkshire, Scotland the Lakes and dont even get me started on Euro Trips lol I guess we really are blessed with some great roads and all not far away if you love driving ;)

Everywhere has just turned busy. Damn people. Plenty of secrets left though!

Good roads, for the win. It will be a bad day when we cannot use roads like that anymore, for whatever reason - fuel costs, VED, satellite speed control.... whatever. :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Ace photos, how did you take them? Did you take it with a fast shutter speed then photoshop a motion blur on the background? Either ways cracking effect for top pictures.

Hi mate - thanks for the kind comment. Glad you like the pics.

Sadly the weather was a little overcast and dull so I had to ramp up the ISO on the camera... which resulted in a rather noisy image (more so on the hi-res originals). I risked as slow a shutter speed as I dare in the conditions to produce a little motion blur but the result wasn't brilliant.

So yes, I loaded the images into Photoshop and enhanced the feeling of motion with a motion blur filter and a little bit of creative editing. :D

Depends on the day I guess. I never go up there on the weekends, too many sightseeing people. Usually after work, evening time. Night time is a laugh. Horses and ponies congrigate on the middle of the road, on corners. Very intelligent!

Yes some of the roads have got busy over the years, but then I'm just old and there wasnt much traffic on the main roads when I first starting driving.. lol In fact when I was learning to drive my Dad would take me to the black mountain road.. He must have had a death wish lol

However saying that we had a clear run up on the Sunday I only slowed down because I saw a group of people (the CS members) on the side of the road and thought there might have been an off..

West Wales and North Wales are stunning too we have done a couple of Wales Tours covering pretty much the whole of Wales and it is surprising the amount of locals that dont know whats on the door step..

Also love Yorkshire, Scotland the Lakes and dont even get me started on Euro Trips lol I guess we really are blessed with some great roads and all not far away if you love driving ;)

Nothing beats Apline roads. Nothing at all.

The road from Les Gets to Avoriaz, French Alps..... unreal. Sheer cliff drops, no barriers, hairpin after hairpin, open stretches.

But then, every road in Switzerland is like "the best road ever". Best driving roads on earth, in my opinion.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Ace photos, how did you take them? Did you take it with a fast shutter speed then photoshop a motion blur on the background? Either ways cracking effect for top pictures.

Hi mate - thanks for the kind comment. Glad you like the pics.

Sadly the weather was a little overcast and dull so I had to ramp up the ISO on the camera... which resulted in a rather noisy image (more so on the hi-res originals). I risked as slow a shutter speed as I dare in the conditions to produce a little motion blur but the result wasn't brilliant.

So yes, I loaded the images into Photoshop and enhanced the feeling of motion with a motion blur filter and a little bit of creative editing. :D

On a note on the motion blur do you separate the car from the background place that on a new layer then blur the background layer? was just curious have yet to try it before. Thanks
Ed

Stunning Photos btw!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
On a note on the motion blur do you separate the car from the background place that on a new layer then blur the background layer? was just curious have yet to try it before. Thanks
Ed

Stunning Photos btw!

Cheers mate.

For the blur I copy the whole image and paste it onto another layer. On that pasted layer I then carefully cut out (erase) the car. This leaves me with a hole where the car should be in that pasted layer. I then apply motion blur to that layer in the [rough] direction of travel.

As you have the original image underneath the pasted layer you can see the car through the hole in the pasted layer, but it will now be covered by the effects of the blur. Simply go back to your pasted layer and use the eraser (or similar) to remove the blurring that overlaps the car itself.

I hope that makes sense... :D

You can send the fiver to me at 27 High Street... :rasp:

FF Blackgold 182
Im actually in that pic, behind the hill, 3rd in line driving Jon's cup.

First time ive driven one and I thought it was great

i believe there is a photo of all 3 somewhere??? Steve!!!

cheers jay didnt think you'd take to the cup after driving your stripped out rocket.

Nope, there isn't sorry!! :dapprove: Wish I'd got more of the Trophy's tbh, but I was taken by surprise a bit. Emailed all 4 of them to jonny. I've got the batteries on charge for "The Cotswold Ring" 2morr evening, now tho! :cool:

BLACK GOLD 182
i wanna go on this road!!!! where abouts is it exactly so i can whack it into tomtom and boot it there........sorry i would read through but there just so many posts, i heard it was wales but where abouts before people start goin .......wales u r****d