ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300mm steering wheel and hub

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
They sit in the boss. The airbag wires are connected to the airbag ring. This spins with the boss, so nothing crosses over. ;)

Like this

Image050.jpg

Resistors go in the x2 airbag connectors (ignore the fused resistor in hand lol)

Horn connector is pushed down into the boss there. I'd simply get some spade connectors, connect to your horn, then connect to the horn connector (cut off and keep in safe place if need be)

But.. He cant get the connectors for the airbag through the boss kit tho, thats what hes on about, ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cheap maplins resistors don't work.
/speaking from experience.

I've fitted about 5 steering wheels to RS's in the last few years and they all work. Resistors are resistors. You must have had the wrong ones.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
But.. He cant get the connectors for the airbag through the boss kit tho, thats what hes on about, ;)

Momo, never had a problem with the ones i've had. Just make sure its 2002 onwards for a 182.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye but hes askin for this boss kit tho, so he has to work with what hes got so the best thing would is to not feed the airbag connectors through

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
They sit in the boss. The airbag wires are connected to the airbag ring. This spins with the boss, so nothing crosses over. ;)

Like this

Image050.jpg

Resistors go in the x2 airbag connectors (ignore the fused resistor in hand lol)

Horn connector is pushed down into the boss there. I'd simply get some spade connectors, connect to your horn, then connect to the horn connector (cut off and keep in safe place if need be)

i never got that far cos the stupid wires wont go through! lol hopefully ill get to see that next time i try. i dont know what you mean about the horn though?i dont know anything about conectors or wires? thats something else im confused as to how ill get working and wired up lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ye but hes askin for this boss kit tho, so he has to work with what hes got so the best thing would is to not feed the airbag connectors through

Fook that! Wouldnt mess with the airbag ring with cutting back wires etc!!! Expensive if it f**ks up, ask SBV 116 ;)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Momo, never had a problem with the ones i've had. Just make sure its 2002 onwards for a 182.

you know how you say the resistors go in, do the resistors go from one end of the airbag clip to the other air bag clip or dus each resister go from one bit of the same wire to the other?not sure that makes sence lol?
1 resistor for the orange bit only and a seperate for the green/yello part only? or do they go from one to the other?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Fook that! Wouldnt mess with the airbag ring with cutting back wires etc!!! Expensive if it f**ks up, ask SBV 116 ;)

nooo, il be getting rid of this boss, im not using if it if it isnt correct i was jus asking if anyone thought it looked dodgy aswell, ie hole to small. il be sending this back and jus getting momo one, im asking about the wires for when i get a momo boss

you know how you say the resistors go in, do the resistors go from one end of the airbag clip to the other air bag clip or dus each resister go from one bit of the same wire to the other?not sure that makes sence lol?
1 resistor for the orange bit only and a seperate for the green/yello part only? or do they go from one to the other?

one resistor per airbag connection i.e one for grey one for orange... fold them in half and make a circuit for each connector

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

airbag1.jpg

Paint rules tbh!

Does this help?

right this is like a "early learing - my first use of paint", but im tired and on a laptop without a mouse....

airbagconnectorss.jpg

the two airbag connectors come out of the steering column, you need to get two resistors from maplin, bend them into a u shape and poke them down the holes in the end of the airbag wires. simple as that.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
right this is like a "early learing - my first use of paint", but im tired and on a laptop without a mouse....

airbagconnectorss.jpg

the two airbag connectors come out of the steering column, you need to get two resistors from maplin, bend them into a u shape and poke them down the holes in the end of the airbag wires. simple as that.

lol thanks mate this is also a good help! i understand the air bag resisters now so feel like i can tackle this one.....horn = :nono: i dont know....haha

ive not got round to doing the horn yet so dont ask me for a pic of that ;)

gona do the ph1 stalk though eventually with a horn push on the end. dont like the idea of frying the wiring by just connecting it to the horn push that came with the steering wheel.....

if you do get stuck with the resistors / boss, fire me a pm or something

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
ive not got round to doing the horn yet so dont ask me for a pic of that ;)

gona do the ph1 stalk though eventually with a horn push on the end. dont like the idea of frying the wiring by just connecting it to the horn push that came with the steering wheel.....

if you do get stuck with the resistors / boss, fire me a pm or something

cheers mate i will do, apreciate all ur help, il keep u updated with it! lol yea thats another thing ive heard, press the horn....call the fire brigade! great, mite jus get a airhone!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
rofl thats class.

love the attempt at trying to spell the sound aswell!! haha.

haha i couldnt think i was making the noice out loud while typing it,
it reli was funny, espeshaly how it was a old couple, im taking in ther late 50's lol! ive searched on the net before for funny horns but never found a site you can get them off

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Pretty sure with the horn, you get a metal ring with the boss, the black wire of the horn wiring goes to tha spade connector, and the horn push itself has a connector spade, the red goes to that (was i long time i wired one with a centre horn push). I'm running a phase 1 stalk as i have a Sabelt wheel

yeh thats exactly what ive got, just didnt want to connect it up due to reading about peoples wiring getting fried when they did???

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, il tackle ot wen i come to it? Anyodeas what momo hub to get? Guna order now from deemontweeks n thers 3? Will it be 2001- cos the rest are 98-01 and 03-98, or something like that and i cant make sence of it? Is ph1 stalk easy to do?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Took it to an auto electrician haha, was easy as fuk took him abwt 10 mins and payed a 10a which is ideal as its now sorted.
All he did was use the wire that had came with the wheel, simply conected the wire from the horn conecter to the push bitton on the wheel, when he first did it a bit of metal on the push button must of hit the wire and started smoking, i started panicing but it was alrite and covered it in electri tape and now works

182 with cup packs
Hi, I take it the Momo hub was much easier to fit?

I also bought the OMP boss and as you say the hole in the boss is far too small to fit all the connectors through; I managed the airbag ones but the cruise control black box was never going to get through.

I now need to contact YB Racing to try a get a refund...eventually found their number on another forum and no answer :(..need to send them an email.

Regarding the horn connection, did the electrician only was a positive connection?