ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 182's in 30 seconds!! Newport essex

172 cup
Saw a titanium silver 55 plate with aftermarket exhaust under the bridge by the school, then pulled out onto the main road behind a black one with a cliosport.net sticker in the rear window, and over took you just before quendon?, also saw a 2004 black one parked on te side of the road, I was in a 2005 titanium silver 182

Clio 182 Titanium
Titanium is mine ;) I saw you come past, cutting the road works hmm? Naughty!! Car sounded nice btw, what exhaust are you rocking? Was the Black one parked on the side of the road opposite the White Horse pub? They also used to have a silver 182 but that recently got replaced with a mini :(

172 cup
Haha ye cheeky little cut through, ye I took a slow drive past having a bit of a perv lol!, my exhaust is standard I've just half disconnected on of my old air feeds makes such a difference!!, (altought might loose 0.0001 bhp) ye that black ones been there aslong as I can remember, can't believe they got rid of the silver one!!!, have you ever seen the black one move!??, do u live in newport?

Clio 182 Titanium
Yeah, that road you cut through is mine! Cheeky cut through b******s! lol. My dad has been trying to slow people down all week doing that by half blocking the road with his rediculous parking. Haha yeah the black one moves now and then. I think he had a ph1 172 before the black one and his sister had the silver 182 I think.

Your car sounded good. Think I'll reaarange/disconnect my airbox resonator next time I have the bumper off.

172 cup
Haha il wait at the traffic lights next time lol! ;), how long you had yours? Never seen it around, do you know spug with the red 172?, no need to take the bumper off just pull the feed out of the side of the airbox but leave it just outside so you still get all the cold air just the noise aswell :D

Clio 182 Titanium
No worries, its nice to see a sport come past the house. I've only had it 2 months, been ploughing money into since I got it though! Cambelt etc at 519, service, exhaust, tyres, tracking, injectors! :(

Yeah I sort of know Spuggy, I'm friends with some of his friends etc and used to hang around with the newport lot years ago. He has a 172 flamer right? How do you know him, from here or you go to Newport grammar?

172 cup
Ha ye that seems to be what I've been doing aswell it just eats money doesn't it!!, what exhaust have you got? Ye I know him from school, I'm from furneux Pelham (a village the other side of claveeing)

Forester STi SG9
Aww I got the bans! That's not very fair mods. Brendan O'Bunnington is no more :cry:

Ha ye that seems to be what I've been doing aswell it just eats money doesn't it!!, what exhaust have you got? Ye I know him from school, I'm from furneux Pelham (a village the other side of claveeing)

My exhaust is an rs192 with the decat. Yeah I know Furneaux Pelham. Havent been that way for a long time but recently been thinking of taking the clio that way because I remember there are some great roads that way!

James_666, you don't drive a black cup by any chance do you? I work in Stortford and see that about all the time.

172 cup
Haha you been naughty and got yourself kicked off!?, oh nice would love to hear that!, ye there is some great roads!!, great when it's dark and don't have to worry about what's round the next corner!! I love the back road out of walden up the hill towards Sawsten mcdonalds!

Forester STi SG9
Yeah, not allowed more than one account in the household apparently! Yeah I know what you mean by driving at night. Roads are a bit on the narrow side to say the least! lol Yeah you mean up windmill hill? Thats a good test of a cars performance that hill to see what speed you can reach when you hit the top. Wasn't too happy with how the clio did it tbh :( The roads from newport to Thaxted are always good fun too.

172 cup
Ye that's the hill!!, haven't act been up there in the Clio!, quickest was my cousins 340bhp 335 lol, ye there a great drive!, are you going CSS?

Forester STi SG9
I really wanted an RB but bought the titanium from a guy in Stortford instead, was a bit of an impulse buy tbh but titanium has to be one of my other favorite colours.

Forester STi SG9
Your cousin isn't lewis by any chance is it? My mate bought a dark grey FQ400 recently and achieved a silly speed up that hill the other day.

Forester STi SG9
No Lewis' is a black convertable. I pictured a 335 going up that hill at silly speed and just assumed it was him, he is only 24 you see lol.

Forester STi SG9
No the yellow one is a 7 isn't it? My mate had a blue 7 and has now got a dark graphite grey 8 MR FQ400. You will be lucky to see it about as he hardly drives it. It only has 5k miles on the clock and he will not take it through even the smallest of puddles!

Forester STi SG9
Yeah, know a fair few as I grew up here but kind of fallen out of contact with a lot of people though as I have been living in Leeds and then London for a while. Only recently came back here to start a new job. I'm 27. Were you in Spugs year then?

172 cup
Ye I was in his year only 22, ye I've always been around the walden/Newport/stortford area, how are you liking the 182 then? I've wanted one since I was 15 so I'm living my second month of ownership!

Forester STi SG9
Oh right, yeah I still see a couple of people in your year then which you probably know like chris clayden, and fat charlie hobday.

Yeah the 182 is good fun and economical which is all that I wanted really but not what I'm used to. My last car was an alfa 166 3.0 v6 and that was so comfortable and had such a nice engine, really good for overtaking so I am really missing it. Don't miss the fuel bills though! I have always fancied a clio sport since the guy in Newport started collecting them. His silver phase 1 172 is what caught my eye. Really love the phase 1's but they are so hard to find now.

Forester STi SG9
That black one you saw parked up in newport, he used to have a phase 1. He's had clio sports basically since the phase 1 was released. I guess that's the reason why I have found myself buying one as I have always admired the clio's that have been parked up there for the last 10 years.

172 cup
Oh tbh I never knew he had any others lol!, ye I had a 1.2 Clio for my first car and I've just wanted one since!

172 cup
Oh tbh I never knew he had any others lol!, ye I had a 1.2 Clio for my first car and I've just wanted one since!