ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 month old Megane Crash @ Castle Combe today *Action Pics*

180.5 bhp 172
For anyone that only heard about it... Poor guy, feel really bad for him - Caught the grass at the braking point with the pass. side wheel going into Quarry, which then dragged him onto the grass, down the tire wall, then he bounced round a few times before driving off again!! Only managed to get it half way through.

One lap before.....
IMG_5751_zps5f61c999.jpg
IMG_5754_zps3a10b571.jpg
IMG_5755_zps33d461e2.jpg
IMG_5756_zpsae9819bc.jpg
IMG_5757_zps72a41fb4.jpg
IMG_5758_zps4f747450.jpg
IMG_5759_zps703ad883.jpg
IMG_5760_zps580a999b.jpg
IMG_5761_zps2d91523a.jpg
IMG_5762_zps3acd75c8.jpg
IMG_5763_zpse13ab800.jpg
IMG_5764_zpsea8fb7be.jpg
IMG_5765_zpsc3e8fac6.jpg
IMG_5766_zps73ffe5d2.jpg

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Ouch. Feel sorry for the driver! Hopefully he is insured/it's not a write off.

I'll post my pics up later . It looked awful and the worst thing was he just drove straight back on to the track and crawled back to the pits without checking the damage. It really did look a mess.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Saw this too from the other side of quarry. The ultimate risk you take at action day. Every panel was mashed, bit silly to keep trying to drive off I case he was spilling fluids.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Unlucky :( seems it was an eventful day at Combe today, these action days seem to be wild.

Hope he had insurance, I'll never take a car on track that I couldn't get a reasonable amount back for in parts and will be a lot happier when it's not my daily!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It is the risk you take.

Looks like driver error to me.

People forget start off slow & build up & stay within 'your talent range', step outside this & boom!

An orange one
Nasty smash and unfortunate

But I find it hard to be sympathetic, you take your car on track at your own risk, which means you cant expect too much sympathy when you stuff it and you haven't arranged track day insurance

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Thankfully, my car is much better than I am so I'd like to think I'd bottle long before my cars limits on a track day

Same here, i've misjudged corners on the road before and the dog kennel's just pissed all over them,
I don't have the skill to push my car when the tyres are warm,
​it's far better than I am at driving.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Poor bloke :(

How will track insurance work then if he has it? Decent wack of excess then it just gets repaired or written off?

Never nice to see. We all know the risks but its major c**ty to laugh at the boy.

Saying that nothing surprises me on here now with some of the clowns, it's an enthusiast site.

Cup In bits
Ouch. Doesn't look too bad tbh that would repair for about 2-4k (if suspension/chassis is alright) max doing it yourself, looked liked more of a glancing blow than a full on pile into an Armco.

Cant ever see that made a total loss being its a 20k + car, he's still going to cry himself to sleep tonight though.

Lotus Elise
Ouch. Doesn't look too bad tbh that would repair for about 2-4k (if suspension/chassis is alright) max doing it yourself, looked liked more of a glancing blow than a full on pile into an Armco.

Cant ever see that made a total loss being its a 20k + car, he's still going to cry himself to sleep tonight though.

Air bags didnt go off but I'd guarantee some level of suspension damage. 5k easy.