ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"79 Mk1 Scirocco".. 1272cc Carburetor Turbo Project

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Cheers

I don't have the room a golf does, the turrets are already at the tops of the wings on a rocco :(

I got to see Az's Mk1 at weekend... <3 <3 <3 <3

agh gay :(

he text me the other day actually, i think im going to required a mass mk1 get together at mine when mines back to put it back together, beer n a bbq if u fancy joining us haha

I will just have to ride round with the shockers semi bottoming out..... :approve:

If mines finished in time I wouldn't mind crashing taa.. We will all have to have a manchester Mk1 meet in the summer.

After many hours hunting and messaging on ebay I bagged this Focus ST intercooler for £27 posted and its a perfect fit.. Ive spent most the weekend sorting out the hoses that I lifted from a Volvo T4 in the scrap yard, no pictures of the pipe work yet.

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Ive also got it sat abit better using my mates Avo coilovers and My hot tunning springs.. So now I can purchase some AVO's knowing they will go low enough.. I think I will end up cutting the springs as the hot tunning springs are abit to big and not the best fit.

IMG_1693.jpg

Tucking 13's FTW

IMG_1729.jpg

Ive been pretty busy with the rocco and got lots done but nothing really interesting to show you.

So I thought I would show you this.. Ive sold most my classic alpine collection to fund this early 80's Alpine.. not quite era specific but it will do. :approve:

IMG_1741.jpg

Rb 182
Ive been pretty busy with the rocco and got lots done but nothing really interesting to show you.

So I thought I would show you this.. Ive sold most my classic alpine collection to fund this early 80's Alpine.. not quite era specific but it will do. :approve:

IMG_1741.jpg

God damn i need that in my life!

Get on the bay Dave ;)

Not many updates.. Ive plummed in the 5 Turbo FPR, Fitted the fuel pump and ran all the fuel lines through the exhaust tunel to stop them from getting ripped off as the exhaust will be poking out the front. It will be going no way near the tunel like my old white 5 Turbo.

Im just waiting on a exhaust, oil feed line and the wiring to get it running...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That Stereo, AWESOME. I have a newer Alpine in mine. Also loving the SanitaryTowel's cooler in there, looks very tiday. You basically have my perfect car and for that, I hate you.

I'm not far off of you on Wishbone mount heights now, though ;). Also now wheel fwendss until you put your sexy ones back on.

Last edited:
Cheers guys :cool:

I love the Polo GT steels but sadly they don't fit over my brakes (ive got my mates full struts and brakes fitted in the pictures)

Get your 50p out and take a picture of your wishbone mounts for 7thumbs&atoe

Ive just ordered AVO GTZ coilovers.. They are such a great company to deal with and they were very helpful.. Ive specced softer poundage springs to suit the lighter 1.3 engine and got 8 & 9" springs over the standard 9 & 10".

Ive also ordered an oil line for my turbo from hose solutions at a bargain price of £25 posted and My ktec sidey that I bought from GT Turbo spares should be here tomorrow so once the car is rolling again it can go down the road to bedlam auto body and get the frontie exhaust made.

Im so glad I can get this project moving again. :cool:

Cheers folks :eek:

It will pretty much look the same as it did on the first page but the back will be abit lower.

Well the exhaust turned up bright and early as promised hats of to 5 GT Turbo spares for first class service.. This VW has more Ktec parts than most 5's, you can take Winston out of the french but you can't take the french out of Winston :eek: LOL

The picture shows a rough Idea of what I plan to do with it. I will probably knotch my front engine mount bracket to keep it up out of harms way, then heat wrap the whole thing.

IMG_1835.jpg

I not normally one to ask people for opinions but im torn. Raise the bonnet or not?

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

It would allow me to run suspension top mount mods.
It would help keep under bonnet temps down.
It would allow me to mount the carb on a flange.
It does look abit strange tho

Yay or nay?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorry to be awkward, but nope. Ruins to the clean look of it.

Mk1's need to keep the clean, chiseled lines intact.

:eek:

Dave.. Having the bonnet raised is the difference between having 2" or 1" of travel on my shocks. f**k knows I kinda want to send the Avos back now...

Cheers Remedi.. old is gold ;)

Rather move them to the bin.....

My oil feed came from hose solutions... It doesn't fit, because it wasn't made the way I requested ffs!!

All the 3" piping came to make my exhaust so hopefully I get the welder to do some work on it tomorrow for me.