ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

97 Megane 2.0 16v engine in Clio

Hello,

Does enyone know if the 97 Megane 2.0 16v (F7R??) engine will fit in my 1991 Clio 16v? Will it fit the gearbox or do I need the megane one?

Enyone who has done this?

Yes, it will fit. Its a very popular conversion - loads of people on here have done it. You can run it with the 16v gbox (many people do), although someone else will fill you in on this Im sure. You will probably need a new chip as well.

Thanks!

Would be great if someobe could give me som tips. Can I use the manifold/exaust for the 1.8? Do I need the wiering an ECU from the megane?

I hear that the F7P 16v manifold is better than the F7P Willy/Magane one as it creates more low down torque (obviously much needed on the 16v!).

Ask Lofty, Mat Brown etc.

you can use the megane bottom end with all other 1.8 parts except for starter motor. this needs to come off the 2l bottom end. All you will need to run it is a chip, £150 from Hill Power. i have one for sale in the for sale forum(bottom end)

valver and willy intake manifolds are Identical!. so are the TBodies...

Megane has completely different manifold - the gasket line is the same though... Meg also uses single Throttle flap.

Thanks for all the info! I feel a bit alone upp here in Norway with my clios. I think the total of 16vs are 4-5 in the whole country :) So you fellas whith the steeringwheel on the wrong side are a great scource of info..

So if I understand it right: I buy an 2.0 16v Megane engine. I put on my gearbox, whith the exhaust from the clio. Put on the starter from the Megane, and chip the ECU with the Stage 1 willy chip (or2??) from Hill Power?

And away she goes? :)

Trophy

It is a more perfromance orientated head, mine has been modified so is flowing better and the williams head has got slightly bigger inlet valves.

Mat.