ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few new additions to Trophy 147/500 - update 07.04.2012

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Re: A few new additions to Trophy 147/500 - RS2 Fitted

Looks epic :) But get that ecu bracket painted ;)

Pro motorsport soild top monts too, how do you find them on the road?

Last edited:

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING

1/2 throttle. I've had my rs2 on for like 2 months without mapped.. Runs perfect!!
car looks sick!! Me and you need a photo shoot together!!

RS2'd Trophy

1/2 throttle. I've had my rs2 on for like 2 months without mapped.. Runs perfect!!

yeah deffo! I said me you and dr jekyl need to hook up!

Looks epic :) But get that ecu bracket painted ;)

Pro motorsport soild top monts too, how do you find them on the road?

im all over it ;)

the pure kit is fantastic it really is! well worth the money!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: A few new additions to Trophy 147/500

You can't sell up!

Sneak peak of the rs2 fitted!

403cdd21.jpg

Wow.

RS2'd Trophy

Thanks everyone, I cannot wait till the remap and timing its so annoying not being able to use it fully!

AST's are at the workshop being stripped down and chemically cleaned. The springs will be powdercoated capsicum red and pure top mounts fitted to them instead of the AST ones.

James

PB 182 (1 of 29)

Looking awesome James, can't wait to see it (+ have a passenger ride) sometime - should keep those S5s off your back too!

AAS'D RB 182

cant wait to see this on saturday. what a car.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Do you think an OMP front strut brace for the non sports would fit with this set up? It sounds like a strange idea but double front strut braces would look cool! lol

Mate the omp strut brace is just for show, it does nothing, I had the pure motorsport kit on mine and apart from looking good I never felt a difference at all

RS172 Flamer

Mate the omp strut brace is just for show, it does nothing, I had the pure motorsport kit on mine and apart from looking good I never felt a difference at all

That is the idea, Show engine bay :)

Trophy #382

Are you saying the Pure Motorsport one does nothing or the OMP?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Are you saying the Pure Motorsport one does nothing or the OMP?
Tbh mate the omp does absolutely nothing and personally I never ever noticed any difference in the pure motorsport kit on mine and never noticed any difference, james has it now and he said he hadnt noticed any significant difference either :(

ph1 172

No idea how but I had missed this thread James!

Looks great on the modified springs now. They do a great job there! Loving the mods too, looks great mate:)

RS2'd Trophy

OK I fitted the AST's today and properly fitted the Pure kit.

All I can say is WOW! they are absolutely incredible, the cafr feels so planted, turn in is great, no initial roll just planted! I am getting this aligned by James when it is down at Stone Automotive so if it feels like this now I can only imagine how itll feel when its been setup!

Chris, I think the biggest issue was I had already seen a massive gain swapping onto AST top mounts therefore there isnt a massive difference between the two kits accept the pure one is a little bit fancy with the brace. I think the trade up from STD to the pure would feel incredible, I dont have one bad word to say about it I really dont!

James

Tbh mate the omp does absolutely nothing and personally I never ever noticed any difference in the pure motorsport kit on mine and never noticed any difference, james has it now and he said he hadnt noticed any significant difference either :(

RS2'd Trophy

Cheers Rhys!

I have now gone onto AST coilovers mate! When I get it all setup/ mapped ill update with pics and hopefully a bit of a graph :D

No idea how but I had missed this thread James!

Looks great on the modified springs now. They do a great job there! Loving the mods too, looks great mate:)

RS2'd Trophy

Looks amazing, James.

Cheers Greg,

Next on the list 'wire tuck'!! The one thing that looks hideous is the wiring that runs along the top of the inlets, therefore I have ordered some heatproof shrouding to run this under the inlets and run some tidy wiring upto the injectors.

I have also ordered a coilpack mount from Ktec as it fits on the side and the one I have got very slightly fouls the brace so that should look a bit neater! The end is near!!

pics of the AST's please excuse the dirty carness!
f5addb3a.jpg

15cda1db.jpg

ph1 172

Cheers Rhys!

I have now gone onto AST coilovers mate! When I get it all setup/ mapped ill update with pics and hopefully a bit of a graph :D

Ah I see! Missed that one too then! lol

Look good. These the sportline 1 or 2's? And how are you finding them? Been on track with them?

172 Cup

Youve listened on the wire tuck and the coilpack then :p

Will look spot on when you've finished. Just remember once its set-up its time to drive the living crap out of it!

RS2'd Trophy

Looks awesome, what size spacers do you have on front?

Thanks Keith, there currently 15mm but im putting the rears on the front so therefore will be 20mm each side on the front making them et25?

Ah I see! Missed that one too then! lol

Look good. These the sportline 1 or 2's? And how are you finding them? Been on track with them?

I think there sportline 1's which are built to fast road/ race spec, I have them half way on the adjusters and there significantly stiffer than the sachs! may have to turn them down!

James

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Will have to get a drive of this when I next see you james, the spec is something I'm very interested in for the future :)

RS2'd Trophy

I hope you mean passenger ride instead of drive ;) im not letting anyone drive it now every penny I own has gone into it lol!

Will have to get a drive of this when I next see you james, the spec is something I'm very interested in for the future :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I hope you mean passenger ride instead of drive ;) im not letting anyone drive it now every penny I own has gone into it lol!

Haha I'll just lock you in the boot of my fully trimmed luxury epic clio cup beast and steal the trophy :)

Ph1 T

glad you like the AST's they are great, look alot better now you painted the springs aswell epic trophy you have here

RS2'd Trophy

glad you like the AST's they are great, look alot better now you painted the springs aswell epic trophy you have here

Cheers Dan, did you like the picture at 10 last night lol ;) What setting did you have them on the road Dan?

Ph1 T

Cheers Dan, did you like the picture at 10 last night lol ;) What setting did you have them on the road Dan?

ha yeah our lass seen it was like what the hell are they at this time lol i just left it as had it on track mate as i did literally 20 miles a week in the car if that... i may have softened the fronts slightly (a few clicks) but that was it,, you been for a good drive with them on? bet it handles awesome now

PH1 172

titch, this car is epic, I remember your saxo and it inspired me and now this! Nick Thompson mentioned to me the other day you had a trophy only realised about 4 pages in this was yours,

Dom,

RS2'd Trophy

Looks awesome, what size spacers do you have on front?

titch, this car is epic, I remember your saxo and it inspired me and now this! Nick Thompson mentioned to me the other day you had a trophy only realised about 4 pages in this was yours,

Dom,

Cheers Dom long time no speak!!

Wow didn't see this thread until now but can't believe how much its changed since I saw it :) Love everything you have done to it James! Hopefully see it again at some point

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Awesome car! and once its mapped you need to pop over lincs and take me for a spin!