ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A re-introduction; 16v to E46 M3 to 182.

Clio 182
Hi all!

I used to be on here fairly regularly when I had a Williams engined track Mk1 16v aswell as a host of other hot hatches (inc 2/3 standard Williams, Lupo GTi, 205 GTi etc) I then went to an E46 M3 and now have gone back to my clio roots and just purchased a 182 off Jongsr4.

Brands_104.jpg

bmw-e46-m3-00-06-m3-S829446-1.jpg

IMG_1756_zps8fb85c7e.jpg

Paul H

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172/ e92 m3
I've had a similar path through cars myself. I started with my 172 then r27. Moved away from French hot hatches for a while and went to the e46 m3 then my e92 m3 which I still have. But the moment I had a chance of getting my 172 back I took it. It was only fit for the scrappy really but I had to have. It's now looking close to perfect again. You can have so much fun with these cars for little money. Welcome back.

Clio 182
I've had a similar path through cars myself. I started with my 172 then r27. Moved away from French hot hatches for a while and went to the e46 m3 then my e92 m3 which I still have. But the moment I had a chance of getting my 172 back I took it. It was only fit for the scrappy really but I had to have. It's now looking close to perfect again. You can have so much fun with these cars for little money. Welcome back.

How did you find the e92 Paul? I never got round to buying one. The E46 was the best car I've owned by a country mile.

Paul H

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172/ e92 m3
How did you find the e92 Paul? I never got round to buying one. The E46 was the best car I've owned by a country mile.
I have to say dan the e92 is awesome. The speed is on another level compared to the e46 in my opinion. It's the way the the v8 delivers it. I know there's not a massive difference in the stats between the e46 and e92 but its the way it feels. Plus everyone loves a v8 raw ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
E92 is considerable faster! 1.6sec to 100! But it's the in gear time that really separates the two motors! And if course the noise!!

Had a 172, sold it, got a WRX, sold it, got an Evo IV (still have it) and then got an M3 E46 (still have it). And the moment I had the chance to buy my 172 back, I took it. Poor little thing, it wasn't properly cared for while it was away from home. Took it in and now it's back in shape :) Tons of fun with it, I drive it way more... freely than I do with the M3 or the Evo :)

And my name is Paul as well :)

-VaVaVoum

Paul H

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172/ e92 m3
Had a 172, sold it, got a WRX, sold it, got an Evo IV (still have it) and then got an M3 E46 (still have it). And the moment I had the chance to buy my 172 back, I took it. Poor little thing, it wasn't properly cared for while it was away from home. Took it in and now it's back in shape :) Tons of fun with it, I drive it way more... freely than I do with the M3 or the Evo :)

And my name is Paul as well :)

-VaVaVoum

Thats rather spooky!! I don't know what it is about these little cars but there so much fun. The stupid thing is I don't get to drive either of them enough!!