ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio182
Since changing my wishbones and track rod ends last weekend some warning lights are coming on and off intermittently: ABS, service and traction control.

I suspect an ABS sensor might have been knocked during the work? Maybe some rust got into a sensor?

Can anyone offer some advice as to how to diagnose the problem? (The lights reset when the ignition is turned off.)

Any tips and suggestions gratefully received!

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It could be literally anything, even down to the brake pedal switch position. If you can’t see any visible damage anywhere and you’re sure all the plug are tight the best bet is to find something that’ll read the abs codes and find the exact issue.

I had the same lights come on and spent months and god knows how much time and money on “it could be this”, “it could be that”. Got the codes read and it was one of the rear sensors. I’d already swapped it but the wiring was nicked further down. Would have been on forever with it. Interestingly they are now all back on again so I’m looking forward to another round of fun

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Not sure if you sorted this but sounds like it could just need tracking doing as that will throw the ESP off

stebat

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So I have just had my tracking done, set it at -2.35' ish both front camber. Toe 9' each side. And now the ABS and traction lights have come on??
Will this be an issue?