ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpha Omega GTR

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's a fantastic bit of engineering and tuning imo, I dread to think of the actual cost though!

They don't list the price on the website anymore, but the Alpha 12 or 14 used to be around $100,000.

They do a Alpha 16 package too which gets you 1800hp, not far off the Omega's 2000hp+

They don't list the price on the website anymore, but the Alpha 12 or 14 used to be around $100,000.

They do a Alpha 16 package too which gets you 1800hp, not far off the Omega's 2000hp+
Does that give you the 7 second car? I'd imagine to get 7 seconds it'd be a bit more?

$100k doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things, maybe it's just me xD

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Does that give you the 7 second car? I'd imagine to get 7 seconds it'd be a bit more?

$100k doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things, maybe it's just me xD
All in the eye of the beholder.

I would never spend 100K on car tuning.

Realistically, other than pub bragging rights what is the point?

I can understand if you're rolling in money ofcourse, then it's different. But I'd buy something else tbh as the rest of the world will just see a Nissan badge. All IMO ofcourse.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I watched that double takedown video last night, absolutely insane car and it still has some kind of interior in it.

Crazy to think of a 3.8 engine making the same power as an 80 litre one - albeit the 80 litre one makes that at 1500 revs.

All in the eye of the beholder.

I would never spend 100K on car tuning.

Realistically, other than pub bragging rights what is the point?

I can understand if you're rolling in money ofcourse, then it's different. But I'd buy something else tbh as the rest of the world will just see a Nissan badge. All IMO ofcourse.
Yeah of course, but if you think about it, $100k for a new GT-R, and another $100k for 2000bhp.

You've got a 2000bhp rocket for $200k, nothing else comes close in terms of power!

Granted, it'd be entirely useless at most things for a daily - but it's just impressive you can get such crazy stats for $200k, compared to if you look at second-hand supercars :).

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah of course, but if you think about it, $100k for a new GT-R, and another $100k for 2000bhp.

You've got a 2000bhp rocket for $200k, nothing else comes close in terms of power!

Granted, it'd be entirely useless at most things for a daily - but it's just impressive you can get such crazy stats for $200k, compared to if you look at second-hand supercars :smile:.

I get it mate,

Partly why I love bikes so much, 12K will buy you 1200BHP per tonne :)

clio 182 trophy
For what, a trip to Waitrose?! One presumes it's designed to do drag runs, so unsure how something can be too fast!
Lol fair comment. Obviously they want it to be quicker for the 1/4 mile but at the end of the day they are promoting their product and it is available to run on the street. Too fast for the street is what I meant. For the kind of drivers that will mostly buy them.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
SVM in telford do a 750/750 package for the skyline and tbh you wouldn't need a lot more on public roads.IIRC it costs 20k.

clio 182 trophy
No mate, that $100,000 gets you 9 seconds lol.
Still batshit mental fast though. Doing 0-100mph in 9 seconds is shifting, but 0-160 in it is taking the piss. Doing a 7.95 is phenominal! Especially considering the GTR's weight. Stripped or not.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
IIRC the designer of the GTR laughed when people mentioned the weight of the car before release.

clio 182 trophy
Probably because of how fast it is even with the weight tbh.
I remember reading about the upcoming nismo and it stated that they wanted to still keep the car heavy to help the traction during launch. I don't know enough to know whether this is true or not but it must make sense as they f**k off the line like nobody's business and weigh more than kim k's ass!lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yep, my point was the designer thought the weight was not an issue when designing the car. He knew the technology would cancel out any weight issues.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Anyone see severn valley motorsports 1000+bhp Nissan quashqui (sp) in evo this month.It beat a lot of supercars and went over 200mph.

clio 182 trophy
The omega has gone down the 1/4mile in 7.70 seconds. 0-60 in 1.5, 0-100 in 2.7 and 0-150 in 5.0. Quicker to 150mph than an F1 car! Absolute f**king monster!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone see severn valley motorsports 1000+bhp Nissan quashqui (sp) in evo this month.It beat a lot of supercars and went over 200mph.

Vid here

Epic performance but for the build cost it should be !