ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator issue

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
My alternator supporting bolt and adjustor snapped last week causing the alternator to drop and the belt to slacken - resulting in temporary power steering lose. Belt was whining badly although powersteering came back, and I temporary put a bolt in place to retention the belt and hold the alternator in place, so I could get home.

The car is going in tomorrow to get it fixed under warranty, should I be insisting on a new belt as well, surely it may of damaged the belt?

172 cup'd extreme
110.JPG

Which one snapped one or two?

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Good Picture, thanks :)

It was number 2. The verticle adjustor snapped clean off the bolt at the bottom and the nut in between the two red circles on your drawing was no-where to be seen, although the thread was still intact. Which may indicate that when the recent warranty work was being done it was either no put back in or was not tight enough!?!