ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
What do you guys do for a living, really impressed with the quality of your work for dare i say 'DIY'ers!!??

Engineers? Body shop?

Hats off to you, top work...

lol beanie works in a bodyshop and moo is a merc technician

at this rate lads yours is going to be ready before mine!

have just took 2 hours out of my life reading this entire thread and its 23 pages and to be honest its the best 2hours ive spent in a long time!!!

excellent job on this project guys, it is amazing credit to you guys for putting in so much time, effort and money.

the car is amazing, and i cant wait to see it finished.

keep up the excellent work!!!!!

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Well i have just spent the whole day at work reading thorough this when i got a chance and i must say its very impressive. You guys have done a lot of work and i'm sure when its all finished there will be a sense of accomplishment like nothing you ever felt.

Can't wait to see the finished article and hear how it goes.

Great work keep it going your nearly there!!

Focus ST
I've got this thread saved in my favourites. I keep checking back to it to see what else is done......Awesome job!

M

mini-valver

Gets better and better fella's! Absolutely stunning. Has given me some insipartion for my Nova!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Back again although feeling a bit battered and bruised as today proved to be a bit of a battle to be honest. It started off pretty well really as we spotted a ph3 in a breakers yard when traveling back from Moo's flat that had the window rubber we needed in it. so a fiver got us that and brought the Clio one step closer to being water tight. Then when we got to the garage we got a phone call from the screen fitter to say he's only 5 mins away. BONUS!

050920081096.jpg

050920081098.jpg

Once that was in and we'd fitted the other quarter glass things stopped being so fun.

050920081099.jpg

We begun fitting the willwood's which first of all the caliper bracket bolts were too long and fouled the disc. So we sanded those back only to find the Knuckles foul the caliper a little. More sanding and filing. Then once we fitted them for the last time we found the wheels don't clear them so we had to dash to halfords and grab some 3mm spacers! LUNCH was in order!!!

050920081100.jpg

050920081101.jpg

Once lunch was done we fitted the wheels with the spacers no problems and rolled the car out the garage to have a look.

050920081105.jpg

050920081103.jpg

Next task to get done was the underside rear really. First thing was we lined up out 3 filler necks, 2 aux tanks and 2 main tanks to see what had to be done to convert to a phase 2 tank with no aux.
Once we'd worked out what we needed and what we didn't we boltd our new tank and filler neck in with no problems.

050920081109.jpg

050920081110.jpg

050920081108.jpg

While we were under the rear we also decided it was time to get the rear brakes done.
We fitted the pads, connected up the hand brake, fitted the brake load valve and front-back brake lines.

050920081107.jpg

050920081115.jpg

With all this looking neat and tidy ready for bleeding (which I think has a good chance of taking up most of tomorrow), so we decided to fit the rear wheels. Here we found that the hub nut cap on the rear hubs fouled the wheels so they had to be removed. Now it was safely down on wheels so we rolled it outside and took a couple of pics.

050920081112.jpg

050920081113.jpg

050920081114.jpg

050920081116.jpg

050920081117.jpg

That done we started putting the catches in only to realise it was going for a pint would be a far better idea..... So we have :cheers:

050920081126.jpg

050920081127.jpg

050920081128.jpg

050920081129.jpg

Laters

Clio 1.4 Maxim
i have them wheels, al tho think they suit your car a lot lot better, keep up with the awesome updates, i must check back about 3 times a day so i dont miss anything lol

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
only a small update today, had issues bleeding the brakes as expected, so a pressure bleeder is now on order.
Inspite of this we still got a couple of things done.
We made to battery cables to route front to back for the battery relocation, we still need a couple of connectors to complete it fully but the car is now showing signs of life.

060920081130.jpg

060920081131.jpg

060920081132.jpg

We also reconditioned the door handles, fitted them properly and hooked them up with the rods. So the doors are now getting closer.
Then we had a visit from the parents for the first time since paint which was nice.

060920081137.jpg

...then spent the rest of the day arguing with the brakes and each other...
Trax tomorrow so more updates Monday (hopfully)

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
OH GOD.

Please tell me that isn't one of your mums....

SUPERB work by the way... Top class project. I love it. x

Golf GTi Mk2
Hah, beans mum in car, beanie in driver seat, beanie dad in background.

Btw, i strategically parked my car on friday so it appeared in the background of your pics!! you photoshopped it out or something? hah

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The Mum in the pic is very very fit.

I'd rather have the car though.

M

mini-valver

PMSL at the Mum comments!! But seriously.....

The car is superb lads, are you gonna run the fuel lines inside the car??

ValverInBits
fellas. Can I ask about your brake system?

They look like willwood dynalites to me - are they?
Is that a standard size valver disc?
Who did your caliper adapters - did you get them machined yourself from blanks?

LOVE your project.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Lol, you lot are a nightmare!!!

Point8 the brakes are standard size and they are indeed dynalites too. They were bought off someone who bought them with all the brackets in a group buy. There's another one of the same setup being put together as we speak over on williams clio the fella called Tony16v is who you need to speak to.

ValverInBits
Lol, you lot are a nightmare!!!

Point8 the brakes are standard size and they are indeed dynalites too. They were bought off someone who bought them with all the brackets in a group buy. There's another one of the same setup being put together as we speak over on williams clio the fella called Tony16v is who you need to speak to.

You love me being a nightmare :D.

Turns out tony lives about 4 miles from me :S I'll be speaking to him about these brakes early next year.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
LOL, it wasn't the brake question that was a nightmare. It was the whole mum thing!!

Anyways... Only a very small update again today. We've managed to order more parts so either tomorrow or wednesday we should get some more major work done but we still got a couple of things done today.

The first thing we did was we finally got round to drilling and bolting on our carbon fibre scuttle panel (still not sure about washer jets).
You can't deny the outcome though, its lush!

080920081140.jpg

080920081141.jpg

After that we tidyed up and fitted the exhaust heat shields and fitted the front section of exhaust. We can't do the centre section for the moment, but that'll be on soon, postman dependent. As you can see (minivalver) the fuel lines are standard and staying under the car.

080920081142.jpg

Thanks for looking

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Annoyingly the postman didn't come through for us to the extent we needed, but he did deliver our brake pressure bleeder which ment some work could get done today.
We managed to bleed the brake with relative ease which was nice, which ment we could then adjust the park brake and then fit the rest of the exhaust.

090920081144.jpg

090920081146.jpg

090920081147.jpg

The backbox looks MASSIVE but once the bumper is on it should be ok.
We'll need everyone to cross their fingers for us for our parts consignment to arrive tomorrow.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
ive just read the whole thread hats off to you guys it will be an immense car when its finished!

cant believe ive only just seen this thread but ive subscribed now.

well done though, every part of the car i think wow thats a good idea. loving the roof and the scuttle panel. white and carbon is a great mix!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
as aways guys - keep the updates coming. Hope u have new wheel bearings all round too

M

mini-valver

Fantastic update again lads! Fuel lines would be PIMP braided inside the car :eek:....

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Been watching this since day one, haven't commented thus but now i have to say this is an absolutely top quality rebuild - WELL DONE and much respect!!! :cool:

Keep up the good work :star:

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Just skimmed through that all and all i can say is that YOU ARE A LEGEND!

love this project and the time and effort put into it, big big big respect!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I seriously wouldn't want to take that thing anywhere near a track with other cars on!

Just imagine the worst!!