ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another BG 182

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looking good.

Just so you know that rear strut brace does basicly nothing, however your rear arb will be making all the difference as you noted. Are you gunna properly strip the car, removing all the plastic, carpets, sound deadening etc? They weigh ALOT. Will be interesting to see what you get on the FMS rollers.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Black track beasty

Fitted my new seats at the weekend.

seats003-1.jpg

seats001-1.jpg

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looking good.

Just so you know that rear strut brace does basicly nothing, however your rear arb will be making all the difference as you noted. Are you gunna properly strip the car, removing all the plastic, carpets, sound deadening etc? They weigh ALOT. Will be interesting to see what you get on the FMS rollers.

Strut brace deffo made a small difference and also looks good,won't be stripping the car right back it is noisy enough now.The plan is to add more power so the extra weight won't be such a problem,having a cup alternator fitted by FMS on Monday so will add a little more power and lose a bit more weight.

renault clio 182
lovely car mate, im doing similar with my bg182, definately looked better with the anthracite cup alloys though

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Strut brace deffo made a small difference and also looks good,won't be stripping the car right back it is noisy enough now.The plan is to add more power so the extra weight won't be such a problem,having a cup alternator fitted by FMS on Monday so will add a little more power and lose a bit more weight.

Good plan, although less weight is free power, im sure even when you have the extra power you will still want more and properly stripping it costs nothing :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just a quick update will be getting the car back tomorrow,has had to have a new water pump power steering pump and dephaser,also found that the guy who done the cup alternator had put the aux belt on the wrong way it was basically just skipping over the top of the power steering pump.
Will be having a run on TDF rr tomorrow morning and hope to see a better figure than what was achieved at the recent rr day in Ipswich,just hoping these problems were causing a lack of power.
I have also decided to change my Jozza for a Milltek,the Jozza sounds awesome but my ears can take it no longer lol

Received some nice bits from Streamline the other day so will going on the car asap

Carbon mirrors,front diamond,fogs,washer blanks and some carbon inner door handles off a guy on here(not streamline)

Having probs with my camera at the moment so will take some good pics of the car at the weekend with all the bits fitted.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
189.9 BHP 164.7 FT/LB

Will get the graph up in a bit,also fitted my carbon bits yesterday just need to give the car a clean and will get some pics up.Very happy with my Milltek exhaust it has a lovely bubble to it and no drone on the motor way:D

Trafic 140dci
189.9 BHP 164.7 FT/LB

Will get the graph up in a bit,also fitted my carbon bits yesterday just need to give the car a clean and will get some pics up.Very happy with my Milltek exhaust it has a lovely bubble to it and no drone on the motor way:D
much better figures than at FMS, torque is very high, look forward to seeing the carbon bit's... i want some, just got other thing's on the to buy list first :p

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yes mate much better figures,not sure about the rollers at FMS to be honest,torque figure is good and it really holds onto it up the rev range would have been nice to see 190+bhp but the car feels good with all the problems fixed so I am happy enough,esp with the carbon bits mirrors look sweet.

I also had the alignment done and added 1 degree of negative camber on the front wheels,should help in the bends and looks mean.

Will hopefully get pics up tomorrow you will just have to wait for now lol

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
As promised pics

carbonbits002.jpg

carbonbits017.jpg

Not 100% on these at the moment looks better than the silver though

carbonbits016.jpg

Front badge turned out to be a rear badge

carbonbits011.gif

carbonbits007.jpg

carbonbits020.gif

carbonbits005.gif

Black wheel nut covers

carbonbits009.jpg

RS valve caps

carbonbits008.jpg

As for the quality of the carbon parts from streamline they are not bad for the money but time will tell,I have had similar carbon on my bikes and after a while that started to fade and pitted quite badly.The mirrors could have fitted a little better but happy enough and I am fussy lol

Below is my dyno print out from TDF not the gains Ktec showed on there dyno after the cams were fitted but that is not a massive shock,still good gains across the rev range and the car really holds onto the torque.

carbonbits026.gif

Still loads to do with car but will have to wait for now I am skint lol very happy with how its coming together,hoping to make it to Snetterton on Friday but like I say money is a bit tight,would be my 6th track day this year,really need to try out the 15s and the seats on track,and the carbon bits lol

Track days attended

Snetterton x 2
Brands Hatch
Rockingham
Nurburgring

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
oh baby yes :) car is looking good young dom. i think im going to buy those wing mirror covers off streamline in the new year as one of my wing mirrors is scratched :)

i have carbon interior door handles off mark fish but my surrounds are the interior blue/grey colour, but like the look of your ones. the quality does look good on yours. shame about getting the wrong badge, need to order the front one now ;)

im going to take my fogs out, will probs do it next week. have you put mesh behind them? graph looks good too. you pleased with the way the car feels?

also where did you get the whell bolt covers from mate?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Mark,yes I have put mesh behind the fogs,the door handles are good quality nice tight weave think they might be a bit much with the carbon door cards but will have to see.
I am trying to get a badge off the guy who done the door handles can't wait 6 weeks for streamline to make it.

The wheel nut covers come from halfords as do the the rs valve caps and the mesh for the fogs,they do have some use.

I am happy with how the car feels,the cams are very smooth and really come on song at 5200 ish feels a little turbo like to be honest and I am esp loving the milltek so quiet its bliss after the yozza.

Thanks Will:)

BG 182 FF
Great thread mate, wheels look good, used to run a set on my civic they are light aswell.I also ordered a front badge from streamline and I thnk they sent me a rear aswell.Keep up the good wrk, black gold is winners choice

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
no yozza though :(

ive pm'd another chap on here about going fogless and he also metioned halfords black mesh. looking at your i defo want to do it :) so while im down there i'll get the caps too. what did you use to bond the meash with?

next year im looking at doing some more engine upgrades as ive done all i can on the cheap (exhaust, decat, matched inlets, itg panel filter, ecu recalibration) so was either going rs2 or cams.

posibly in the new year when im ready to buy i might have to have a pas ride in yours so i can see what the h&r's are like?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No yozza mate they are a great exhaust great quality awesome sound but in a car with no rear seats its hard work on the eardrums even with the sports cat,when you are on track its great but at motorway speeds and round town the drone is relentless,it made little trips out quite tiring to be honest.

The milltek sounds good a lot more grown up so it suits me fine lol video below(please excuse my gay run)
th_carbonbits024.gif

I like the sound of a RS2 and they do look good but if you are in need of cam belt change then the cams make more financial sense,no worry's about a run in the car,you can't have a drive if you like,maybe pop down to meet your way or maybe get a few of use to do the Southend thing.

Thanks for the comments joe

BlackGold 182
love this car! carbon fibre is a nice touch!

i no theres loads of threads on it but im thinking of getting a whiteline arb, did you notice alot of difference? i had one on my fabia vrs and the reduced body roll was amazing, is it the same for these?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
I think we have some front badges in stock Dom if you need one still, not sure what happened with sending you a rear, our mistake sorry

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Ended up going to Snetterton on Friday,had a good day there were only about 18 cars there so plenty of open track to play.

Looking to change the front brakes was going to go for new discs and ds2500,but I think I am leaning more towards a set of 4 pots just deciding what set up to go for Wilwood or Compbrake:)

Will post up some pics ect as soon as I get them sorted.

I have also fitted a V6 airbox no loses or gains as far as I can tell but it dose look nice and makes a lovely sound.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I think I am leaning more towards a set of 4 pots just deciding what set up to go for Wilwood or Compbrake:)

I have also fitted a V6 airbox no loses or gains as far as I can tell but it dose look nice and makes a lovely sound.

Ahem, "there just for show you tart"..... Lol

I haven't put mine on yet but I've driven a car with them on and the difference is massively noticeable. Totally changes the way the car drives :) I got mine from Jamsport and with discount I paid £680 inc delivery which I thought was good. Have a speak to "kelv" about wilwoods and "fletcher" on here about compbrakes as they do a lot of track days.

V6 box does sound nice. When I had mine in I didn't notice any difference in power but the noise was very addictive. It was quite a progressive noise too which is nice :)

Trafic 140dci
Ended up going to Snetterton on Friday,had a good day there were only about 18 cars there so plenty of open track to play.

Looking to change the front brakes was going to go for new discs and ds2500,but I think I am leaning more towards a set of 4 pots just deciding what set up to go for Wilwood or Compbrake:)

Will post up some pics ect as soon as I get them sorted.

try brembo HC disks, braided lines, ds2500 pads, and some good brake fluid before you buy some 4 pots :) i'm not about to start the on going CS war about 4 pot's, but i know i won't be getting any ;)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Not 100% on the 4 pots at the moment,I have hc discs and braided lines but still using standard pads,will have a look at the ds2500's first probably.You got to admit that 4 pots do look cool even if they are overkill.

Trafic 140dci
Not 100% on the 4 pots at the moment,I have hc discs and braided lines but still using standard pads,will have a look at the ds2500's first probably.You got to admit that 4 pots do look cool even if they are overkill.
oh yeah they look sweet as, would love some if they came up at a silly cheap price, but from what i've been told that setup is good enough for the little clio's :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Quick little update
Just used the resister trick to turn out the air bag and service lights out,been on since I changed my seats.

Shouldn't be to long now before I decide what to do power wise could probably afford some ITBS now but not sure if I will be happy with power,may try and save a bit more,enough for a s/c kit :evil:

Clio 182 + Recaros
I believe the "lady" in question is Darrell.

Whilst I've only had standard maintenance done at K-TEC, I completely agree that there service is top notch.

Trafic 140dci
Quick little update
Just used the resister trick to turn out the air bag and service lights out,been on since I changed my seats.

Shouldn't be to long now before I decide what to do power wise could probably afford some ITBS now but not sure if I will be happy with power,may try and save a bit more,enough for a s/c kit :evil:
I'll take you out in mine at Snetterton, see if you like the ITB's, bear in mind tho if you went for ITB's having cam's you'd have a lot more power than mine!!