ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another happy GDI customer

TVR Cerbera
Got my clio back last week from GDI after it's mapping and previous to that a full engine rebuild. Well happy. Pulls smoothly through the rev range and goes really well. to be honest it should go well! 233 bhp 176 lbft.
the list goes as follows:
catcams 422's
own headwork
172 manifold (soon to replaced)
janspeed sportcat (soon to be replaced)
Powerflow s/s exhaust
jenvey itb's
inlet matched and ported (diy)
woosner 12.6:1 pistons
forged rods
omex 600

please tell me what you think?

Daz

GDIRR1.gif

030220083561.gif

TVR Cerbera
Whats the rev limit? seems high.

ignore the 8586rpm, it's bollox, Andy said he'd put that down wrong. it's limited to 7500, with the forged rods i think it can take more, but i'm not going to blow it up again before i can get some enjoyment! Andy said it kept on making 233 after 7500 but no more and thinks the restrictiveness of the cat and manifold are stopping more power. but it'll do for now.

Daz

TVR Cerbera
I bet thats f**king quick ?

Bet its suprised a few things :)

Not had a lot a chance really yet. had a play with a modified valver, kept catching him up slowly and i had half of ikea in the back of the car!

off to the POD next month, i'll have some video and photos too.

Yes it's quicker than before, don't know how quick, i have a slight problem with wheelspin! lol

I've frightened a few people cos at times it sounds like a firework has been put up my exhaust. i've been told that i've got blue/yellow flames in the exhaust, but i can't see them.

still getting used to it cos it's so smooth, it's much improved

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

If that graph was a RR printout why would the RPM be stated wrong?

340i
Looking good dude!

some really nice roads arond where you live Lincoln/newark... love driving upto lincoln on a nice summers day :D

TVR Cerbera
Looking good dude!

some really nice roads arond where you live Lincoln/newark... love driving upto lincoln on a nice summers day :D

i must admit the A46 can be quite good on a quiet day, smooth tarmac, straight road, odd roundabout. have to find myself a new playroad now.....

M

mini-valver

The high at 2000rpm. I'm not digging mate, imprexxsive figures and a top spec! I'm just curious as to why a RR printout would state the rpm completely wrong.....

TVR Cerbera
No i know your not. i did ask about the printout, andy said it comes off a line printer you put the data into or sommat. i'll check it out with him again. anyway power graphs mean f all, Santa Pod next month, the fast show, i'll race anybody! don't care if i win or lose, or embarrass a supra that bogged down with a standard cup! lol. (last year)

Got my clio back last week from GDI after it's mapping and previous to that a full engine rebuild. Well happy. Pulls smoothly through the rev range and goes really well. to be honest it should go well! 233 bhp 176 lbft.
the list goes as follows:
catcams 422's
own headwork
172 manifold (soon to replaced)
janspeed sportcat (soon to be replaced)
Powerflow s/s exhaust
jenvey itb's
inlet matched and ported (diy)
woosner 12.6:1 pistons
forged rods
omex 600

please tell me what you think?

Daz

GDIRR1.gif

030220083561.gif
233bhp, thats the most I have seen coming out of a cup from GDI, nice one mate.

M

mini-valver

Yeah definately, should post a good time if you can get the power down properly!

TVR Cerbera
i know, could of had 400 bhp supra for the money, but i like my clio, and you can suprise people in it, wolf in sheeps clothing

TVR Cerbera
very nice :)

crap gains for the price you will have paid to be honest in comprarrison with just about every other car

every other car?, or turbo ones are you on about? i'd love you to show me how to get that N/A power from a comparable other car manufacturer

i think 70 bhp increase from a factory tuned engine aint bad. don't forget the original 2.0 16v engine is in the megane and only puts out 140!

very nice :)

crap gains for the price you will have paid to be honest in comprarrison with just about every other car

every other car?, or turbo ones are you on about? i'd love you to show me how to get that N/A power from a comparable other car manufacturer

i think 70 bhp increase from a factory tuned engine aint bad. don't forget the original 2.0 16v engine is in the megane and only puts out 140!
Wouldn't worry about it too much mate as there's alot of haters on this site, sometimes doesn't matter what you do, just isn't good enough!!

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
what sort of date are you looking to go to pod mate? and what sort of times are you expecting..

Lionel Richie
wossner aren't a true 12.6:1 IIRC they're actually 11.8

not bad, i did an engine with a slightly different comp ratio and pulled 205bhp@wheels

make sure you use 10W60 oil, especially with those pistons

Last edited: