ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another stage comleted....

Bumblebee
and then it began raining again!!:mad:

After spending 4 hours claying at the weekend and a further 2 hours polishing yesteray, i thought that i would try and seal and wax the car today.

I also wanted to try and clean the engine as it had 3 years of grime on it and it starting to get detailed this week.

100_1523.jpg

100_1525.jpg

So to start, the typical 2 bucket wash with zymol shampoo and then padded off with waffle weave. I then applied a full layer of Autoglym EGP with a Carwashnwax microfibre over entire bodywork and then started the 60 minute counter for it to dry...

Whilst the bodywork was dryin i turned to the engine. Due to the dirt being so thick i made a solution up of 60% AG Machine cleaner, 10% AG tar remover, 10% wd40 and the rest of water. That sprayed on, lifted the dirt and smudges nicely and was easily wiped away with a towel. I dont have a power washer so the lower down and cramped places will wait till the next time.

I then took to wiping away the EGP with a terry towel. And then, from nowhere just as i was about to apply the DW WWW Wax, suprise suprise the heavens emptied!:dapprove:

Tomorrow will be waxing day. Some very quick pics as the rain was coming on. Engine progress pics to follow, as im picking up elbox and sleeves tomorrow, strut tops and brace on friday...

100_1535.jpg

100_1537.jpg

100_1538.jpg

RB 182
Looking much better already mate.

What wax are you using tomorrow? I've not used the DW WWW but I think it's more a show wax so something that is durable is probably a good idea.

Bumblebee
I just bought the DW WWW wax so keen to give it ago just for info purposes. I have nattys blue and meguiars caranbua as back up...

is that a mini peeking from the depths of your garage,myself and two other firefighters are doing this years italian job we have raised about£4200 so far so if your around brighton on 4th nov look out for a red mini team number 999,p.s. clio looking cushty.

Bumblebee
Yeh i have two minis mate, the one you can see is a 1999 Paul Smith LE and the other is 1972 1380. Good luck with the run mate...

106 GTi
Looking good John, nice work.

With the EGP on there I would not worry to much about what waxes you uses, I would tend to use ones that look good too, and leave the protection to the EGP.

Bumblebee
Managed to put on a layer of WWW Wax on the bonnet. impressed with the results. The paint is popping quite a bit for it all being done by hand... with not too many scratches apparent.
100_1564.jpg

And put my silicon bend in the engine
100_1560.jpg

E90
fcuk me six ways from sunday, Pmsl at

The flake on that looks fantastic

You gotta be s.hitting me, get out more people,please, LOL Theres a big world out there, full of many wonderful things to see and do, Places to go, women to lay, beer to drink, football to play.

182 has now gone!
is that a mini peeking from the depths of your garage,myself and two other firefighters are doing this years italian job we have raised about£4200 so far so if your around brighton on 4th nov look out for a red mini team number 999,p.s. clio looking cushty.

My cousin from worthing is doing the italian job as well. Look out for a Cooper S Works.. I will be down Brighton on the 4th so see him return. will keeps my eyes out for you!!!!