ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody ownes/familiar this Cold Air Intake (K&N pipe version)

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Im thinking of copying this one from some pipes. But unfortunately this is a pretty rare one, i can find no info on it here or anywhere else on the great web. Or anything similar used on a 172 or 182.

$(KGrHqF,!i8E6PVs()KhBOnIguLZNg~~60_12.jpg

So is anybody familiar with this one.
Theoretically its better than allot of others because the filter is behind the bumper and under the headlight. So it sucks the air in at the sweet spot. This is especially interesting for the ph1 owners with the holes in the bumper from the originale intake pipes wich are right there. ;)

Obviously this thing is absurdly overpriced at around 200 Pounds, and can be created from some universal cai kits for allot less.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Stick with the standard box on a PH1 for performance, unless it is just the noise and loss in power you want?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well i have placed a better/slightly larger battery and because of that i cannot get the two hoses connected to the airbox anymore.
It could get a bit wet there but i could also cut some smaller pipe so it will be a bit higher but still in the same space for the (technically better airflow).

But i have to say, my father got a AEM CAI in his car. Sounds absolutely epic. Worth it for me :evil:

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Stick with the standard box on a PH1 for performance, unless it is just the noise and loss in power you want?

just to pick a big hole in this, I've personally removed a ph1 box, and fitted a Ktec induction kit and gained 8bhp. so you definitely won'tlose power, and the length of that pipe in the picture will give a big chunk of torque

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Cup racers all run ph1 airboxes with modified feed , that tells you all you need to know.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
All i needed to know Dan ;)
The ktec induction kit is even getting feeded in the engine compartment, this should only get/be better :cool:

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
ditto, i've got a filter and just measuring up the pipes too. In the process of doing this..... would be good to compare.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Ok !;) Just to clarify, im not going to buy the k&n one way to expensive.
I am going to build it from two of these universal cai kits. :D (you need two because of the bends and length)

kitfilter.jpg

Ill replace the filter with a decent one (pipercross/green/K&N) when its all up and running.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well all is in and mounted in the car.
1st impressions, sound is insane when accelerating ..... kinda screams. Realy awesome sound !
Made some quick pictures from the engine bay. The filter is next to the horn under the headlight.

Looks :

20120904062541.jpg

20120904062558.jpg

Need to finish it off, with some mounting brackets and remove the strap bracket from the original filter.

Clio 172
Very well done mate! Looks good!

Would you mind linking the kits you bought? Any videos?:p

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well i made a clip with sound, but to be honest this doesn't do the intake justice.
I'm going to make a new one tommorow from the outside, that should make a hell of a difference :D

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
These are high quality battery's, widly used for high quality audio.
Gives more stable performance in all circumstances.

Didn't got a choice regarding the size, i bought it from a mate.