ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone had their 182 exhaust sorted under warranty

05 IO 182 cup
hello

i know loads has been covered on shaky exhausts and rattles, my car has been stadily getting noisier on tickover - just got home on lunch and pulled into the drive and it was chattering away very loudly - almost like a high pitched squeaking and the zorst exit pipes are bouncing up and down.

anyone had this sorted through renault ??? going to give them a call t osee if they can sort it - have read a few stories about people taking their cars to the dealers for them to carry out a crappy temporary fix only for the noise to return 100 miles down the road - i know this is a case of TADTS but no system should be this noisy !!!

cheers

Adz

Clio 200 FF
is the noise comming from the rear axle area? this seems to be where they snap (my old 1 snapped there so a sleeve was fitted - out of warranty so i had to pay)

05 IO 182 cup
yeah it is mate, if you push the zorst upwards a little it stops, its as if the little rubber shock for the zorst is on the way out or needs tightening - and with all the extra movement if its a shitty weld on the rear box then something will surely work its way loose - thats the argument im taking in with me.still under warranty so hopefully all should be well, can i ask what it cost ya to get yours sorted - sounds like a similar issue

nice one - adz

M2 Competition
If the franchise give you any rubbish, phone renault uk customer services and complain. Usually get further with them.

They might argue that its wear and tear, but argue back that its not fit for purpose, and that it shouldnt fail so early.

Good luck!

05 IO 182 cup
hello all

just booked the car in with renault manchester to have the zorst looked at this friday - as well as the zorst the heat shield rattles like a rattly thing if the revs drop too much.but more importanlty its the noise the car makes on tickover - far too loud too be normal

will let you know how i get on

05 IO 182 cup
took car in last friday - after 2 and a half hours wait :-( i had to get a new exhaust bracket fitted - 60 fookin quid !! well at least the car is no longer squeaking and the heatshield has stopped rattling. job done

80MPG BEEZA
so you didnt get it covered under warranty? my blue 182 has developed a blow somewere near the mid section/cat area just wonder if their going to sort it under warranty?

took car in last friday - after 2 and a half hours wait :-( i had to get a new exhaust bracket fitted - 60 fookin quid !! well at least the car is no longer squeaking and the heatshield has stopped rattling. job done

:eek: exhaust brackets are only about £20, and held on by 3 bolts. I would have taken the part and fitted it myself, and pocketed the £40.

Clio 200
so you didnt get it covered under warranty? my blue 182 has developed a blow somewere near the mid section/cat area just wonder if their going to sort it under warranty?

got the exact same thing on my 172 but i dont have renault warrenty a have an extended warrenty now :S

b/g 182, meg tourer

the same happened to mine. had plans to get a milltek tho anyway :)