ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a way of calming the tale wagging on the 172.

Hello,

What I mean is when I brake heavyly the tale goes from side to side. Even tho lowering the car has cakmed it down it can still get you into trouble. Anyone got a solution to calm this effect down?. Ive had a lot of brown trouser moments because of this.

Cheers,

Chun.

just what happens when you brake hard in a car...cant expect electronic to do everything...we went thought this a few days ago didnt we.

Williams 2, STi N12

Check that the rears arent locking up firstly. Then always try to brake in a straight line to avoid it happening. Thirdly dont brake so hard.

yes !!

fist, as some of the guys say.. lol.. dont brake so hard.. @D

you make the need to alter angles (ie - flick the steering wheel) reduced by fitting my modded arms with increased castor KPI angle... (sooooon),,, - along with -25 PR15 springs.

You soften up the rear and add new progressive springs with the original dampers.. you set shims in the rear hubs to achieve a 0 tolerance toe setting of 0 degrees.....

you then lower the front by 1 inch and the rear (unladen) by 1.25 - 1.5 inches..

reset all geometry.. and play....

and........ you lower the back pressures by 2-4 psi..

Joe..

172 sport,

is this problem only on mk2s or mk1s aswell if only mk2s there has to be a design fault as you cant always brake softly also does anyone else have brake failure when turning left at slow speeds but sharply mine does it if the l/h rear wheel is off the ground the abs cuts in and the pedal goes solid and you lose all brakes hit a fence the other day but luckily as i was going well slow it only just touched it

any thoughts on this ?????

chris

ak.. I might just do that

Yogi..

ooooooooooo Yogi.. ma man...

that is NOT a triat or charaacteristic ma man..

that is a problem.. that u need to get fixed.!!!

NOW..

aghhhhhhhhhhh

Joe

172 sport,

will have to wait till after donny south dont think a courtesy car will look right on the cliosport stand although would be cool if theres a burn out competion