ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone in or around West Midlands with a Turbo'd/Supercharged 172/182?

Countryman JCW
Just sold my car and now looking to buy a new one. Ive still got a ph1 172 that my mum now uses and still love driving that on the odd occasion, but know with a little extra power how much fun it could be....

I think the only thing to do now would be to go out in one and experience it first hand before making any decisions about going down the diesel route, or coming back to Clio ownership.

If anyone that lives near Warwickshire with a Turbo'd/Supercharged 172/182 that would be willing to take me out for a blast could let me know that would be great (no offence to people with ITB's :))

Also, does anyone know anything about this car...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4011148.htm

Or know of any currently/coming up forsale ( im willing to travel for a good one )

Cheers

Ross

Countryman JCW
Or within a reasonable distance to the midlands?

Im guessing that 172 isnt a member of this forum then...

Polo BlueGT
That flame red 172 was pretty quick at Crail. Looked clean and pretty well looked after. It isn't on here but a couple of guys from around that area know a fair bit about it iirc.

Countryman JCW
I see, has it had a fair bit of 1/4 mile and track abuse then?

What kind of times was it running at crail?

Polo BlueGT
I see, has it had a fair bit of 1/4 mile and track abuse then?

What kind of times was it running at crail?

Pretty much what was said above... They have spent a lot of time building this car, a lot of money and certainly a lot of effort. I saw it go down nearly 7 times I think. Was mid-low 13's I think. I'm sure I had a spotted thread on it? I'll have a look. If I had the money, I'd buy it no problem. Wasn't scary quick but it was drivable!