ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know how to take a decent pic? I cant seem to anymore! (56k)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Gave the car a wee clean and thought Id take a few last pics of it, (Its up for sale) Was maybe a bit late in the day, 5pm, or so but was still sunny so confused as to why my pics came out so dark. Any advice appreciated

KIF_1156.jpg

KIF_1157.jpg

KIF_1158.jpg

KIF_1159.jpg

KIF_1160.jpg

KIF_1161.jpg

I should have used flash but didnt expect that one to come out anyway!^^

KIF_1162.jpg

KIF_1164.jpg

KIF_1165.jpg

KIF_1166.jpg

KIF_1167.jpg

KIF_1168.jpg

KIF_1169.jpg

KIF_1170.jpg

KIF_1171.jpg

KIF_1172.jpg

KIF_1174.jpg

Cheers
John

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
how come ure dial is white, i swear mine ent. paint is in good cond, i can see a door knick though in the pic lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv found with my latest toy that ersing around wi expsoure is usually better for night and dusk shots.

Checking your ISO rating is always a guid start,

Clio 197
Some nice pics there John.

Your exposures will be a bit difficult because the sky/background is SO bright.

Your camera is metering the exposure for the majority of the frame (ie, the bright background) as opposed to metering the exposure for the dark object in the middle.

Three things can be done with the camera:

1) Use fill-in flash. This is when you force the flash on, so that objects close to you don't seem too dark if the background is very bright.

2) Change the way which the camera meters the frame. In the middle of the screen you'll have a [] or a [ ]. They're differnt metering settings, which will either look at a narrower/wider field when focussing/metering.

3) Setup exposure compensation, so that it slightly over-exposes when you expose such shots. The background will look slightly burnt though.

I'd say option 1 is best, but given you're using a compact camera, the flash may not be powerful enough.

You can also use the "burn" tool in photoshop, which will allow you to push-expose the car a bit more.