ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Astra VXR to Clio RS200 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio RS200 Cup
Hey, just singed up today having bought a 2011 Clio RS200 in white, deposit is down, eagerly waiting next weekend to pick it up :D

I used to own a 452bhp Astra VXR, was a great car but I suppose like anything you fancy a change, iv gone for the clio as iv always been a fan of the 172's 182's and 197's. Thought it would be a bit more sensible but with losing too much fun.

This the clio iv bought, seems a decent price from what iv seen on piston heads ect..

http://www.revitupuk.com/showroom/i...io-renaultsport-rs-200-cup-17k-miles-stunning

Thanks, Dan,

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks lovely does the new whip. They are great fun cars. You wont be disappointed by the way it goes round a corner

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Cheers mate, iv never driven one, so it's gonna be a pleasant surprise

As u no it will be nout in a straight line compared to the VXR lol. I really hope you enjoy it. Theres so much knowledge on here aswell and most of us are a friendly bunch and will always help you out

Clio RS200 Cup
452BHP in an Astra VXR - who built that?!

Welcome, 200 looks good..

Paul and Specky at RS tuning, I'm sure you renault boys know of them ha

As u no it will be nout in a straight line compared to the VXR lol. I really hope you enjoy it. Theres so much knowledge on here aswell and most of us are a friendly bunch and will always help you out

im sure I'll enjoy it. Im gonna be searching the forums all night searching for things to do

Are you on vxro?

Progress thread??

was banned from VXRO but luckily it's on astra owners network too

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?139506-My-Astra-VXR-GTX30-build-thread&highlight=

Clio RS200 Cup
The build thread isn't fully up to date, had custom cat cams, 875cc injectors, Bosch 044 external fuel pump and other things

RB Clio 182
Very nice mate, i remember seeing this on vxro, i f**king hate that forum, full of people that are less than fortunate.

LY 200 EDC LUX
I wish that 'REVITUPUK' would sort their website / ebay shop out. Why do they keep so many cars on there that have already sold, its very annoying!!

nice 200 mate!

Clio RS200 Cup
Haha. I only checked on the off chance to see what they had. It's everything I wanted in a clio, wish it had recaros but iv seen a lot of recaros wearing quickly?

Thanks mate

LY 200 EDC LUX
Haha. I only checked on the off chance to see what they had. It's everything I wanted in a clio, wish it had recaros but iv seen a lot of recaros wearing quickly?

Thanks mate

Mine has the recaros's. they do seem to wear on a certain part of the seat, but they are far superior to the standard seats IMO. People moan that they're too hard and uncomfortable on long journeys. I call bull$hit on that. They're great!

Clio RS200 Cup
Mine has the recaros's. they do seem to wear on a certain part of the seat, but they are far superior to the standard seats IMO. People moan that they're too hard and uncomfortable on long journeys. I call bull$hit on that. They're great!

They are such a good looking seat. I rarely do long journeys anyway, how much would a pair set me back? Can't find anything on ebay.

LY 200 EDC LUX
They are such a good looking seat. I rarely do long journeys anyway, how much would a pair set me back? Can't find anything on ebay.

I couldent tell you mate, although I don't think they come cheap. I'd deffo recommend them though!

LY 182
looking at about ther £1000 mark for a set of decent recaros, worn ones tend to sell for £800ish, imaculate ones around £1200

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 197/200 recaro's do look nice, I've had some. But there are more supportive recaro's available for less.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
That's going to feel like going to a 1.2

Don't get me wrong he will certainly notice the difference. But it's not all about power, I have a 350bhp nova and a lightly modified cup. However I still enjoy driving the cup! All depends on the situation, however that been said.... boost for the win!

Renault Clio182 bean
Nice buy mate, to be fair boost is a totally different ball game in terms of overall power, that being said there's something about high power n/a cars that I love the feel of.

Clio RS200 Cup
The fastest N/A car iv had was a Saxo VTS years ago. I loved it to be fair, just got a horrid name now.

I'm just hoping it's gonna be a nice reliable fun car for a few years, the astra required a second car cos it was no way an every day car, I know these clios aren't the best of cars on fuel but it's gonna be like a diesel compared to the VXR ha

Subaru, arctic 182FF
I know where your coming from changing to the clio. I had a focus st with a pumaspeed 350 conversion. I loved it and it was fine as a daily but common sense had to prevail regarding overall running costs and now I have a little 182 and the missus has a fiesta.
Dont get me wrong I miss it like crazy but I dont miss 17 mpg
Enjoy the clio mate they are by all accounts awesome little cars and i bet i wouldnt have been able to go this quick with the focus :) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDX9VhkG6E

Clio RS200 Cup
I meant the Clio.

Ah right, what's bad about the box?

I know where your coming from changing to the clio. I had a focus st with a pumaspeed 350 conversion. I loved it and it was fine as a daily but common sense had to prevail regarding overall running costs and now I have a little 182 and the missus has a fiesta.
Dont get me wrong I miss it like crazy but I dont miss 17 mpg
Enjoy the clio mate they are by all accounts awesome little cars and i bet i wouldnt have been able to go this quick with the focus :) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDX9VhkG6E

i know what you mean, great video that too,

Clio RS200 Cup
Box is the Achilles heal of the 200, a lot get replaced under warranty

Great, another car with a crap box, the m32 in the VXR I had replaced under warranty when it was standard.

what are the signs of the box going and what's it cost to repair?

Renault Clio182 bean
Great, another car with a crap box, the m32 in the VXR I had replaced under warranty when it was standard.

what are the signs of the box going and what's it cost to repair?

If its on its way out then it will start crunching on downshifts. If its really bad the gear changes will be crunchy on upshifts aswell as the synchros fail on them (3rd gear iirc)

The 200 certainly looks better than the astra IMO. As above it's not all about power, you'll find yourself going through corner a fair bit quicker to make up for the loss of power down the straights :)

Welcome by the way.

Clio RS200 Cup
I'm looking forward to the usable power, been able to exit a corner and lay all 197bhp down rather than exciting it the corner and spinning 2nd, spinning 3rd and scratting for grip in 4th. It was fun but silly at the same time,

Clio RS200 Cup
I do like the meganes, but the whole time I had my astra I always said to myself, I really like those 197/200 clios and always considered getting one, it's been a car iv looked at for a while.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
You bought a megane engine yet?

I have a full car for sale cheap but it's only a 225...

Status
Not open for further replies.