ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Ph1 T
Had a fiddle about with the car this morning sorted oil return tightened dogbone as could feel abit of play and re hung my exhaust middle hanger was off wondered why it caught every single bump...

Then onto the coilovers basically they were stiff as s**t and propa struggled to move them
F3844552-F2B5-434E-94BD-68204934D2D1-1539-000000F4E4BA2833.jpg

Gave them a propa rub down with wire brush cleaned em all up and I can now move completely free by hand also looks alot cleaner

0289FD71-E231-49A9-AAC6-BCE715F34623-1539-000000F4EE3EB805.jpg

Chucked the spacers back on aswell and tried setting the camber dunno if did it right (boat level on disk) lol oh well do until get it set up

Ph1 T
Anyone any ideas why I'd be using a fair bit of water is this normal after a conversion or....

There's no leak puddles anywhere and no signs of water leaking from any pipes??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone any ideas why I'd be using a fair bit of water is this normal after a conversion or....

There's no leak puddles anywhere and no signs of water leaking from any pipes??

Sometimes you have air locks that need to get their way out. If it keeps happening though its either a leak, a knackered turbo, a cracked block, a cracked head or a blown head gasket.

Ph1 T
Right ill keep an eye then over next few week.. I topped it upto max on sunday and its about half way down now already,, Cant be head gasket surely as it had a new one about 2 week ago

Wasnt leaking a drop before the turbo was up and running..

53 Clio's & counting
Bear in mind I have had about 6 172's now that if I topped the bottle up to max, it would vent some out until it was just above minimum, then stayed there lol - good old french.

So keep checking it, but i'd lay a bet it will settle to a level where it won't move again

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Head gasket on these engines almost never go. Was just saying what was possible. My money is on an airlock that's now gone or it is leaking even though you say it isn't.

Ph1 T
Hopefully just an airlock then.. will keep an eye.

Also while fiddling about noticed the actuator pipe scoff had fitted was ever so tight and had split on the actuator end so sorted that..

It was driving abit funny when nailing it on a drive the other day as though was struggling to deliver the full power im wondering if that was to do with the split in the pipe causing a leak

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Split in that pipe means more boost. Which means visiting a bit of the map that hasn't been mapped yet. Would imagine scoff has populated with mega rich values just in case. That would make it hesitant.
i need to do a bit more mapping of mine on the road as it hits sites it wouldn't quite pull on the rollers (more cooler air and longer spool time).

Ph1 T
Fitted that new actuator pipe and seems to be driving/boosting fine now..

The start issue I start it first time it cuts out straight away then fires and runs second time perfect.. Strange one might just leave it ATM

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If thats your biggest issue then thats pretty good at this stage :)

Then just arrange to leave it with scoff for a few days to sort in future.

Ph1 Sport
That starting problem happens on my standard 172 after ive had the battery disconnected if that means anything to you? I know nothing about engines so probably useless info lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Does the fuel pump prime for a few seconds when you turn the key to the on position before you start it by the way?

Ph1 T
Ill have a check when get in from work..

Btw chip you couldn't do me a favour and have a look at that video I've done of my steering problem in my fault thread.. Appreciate it if you could as no doubt you'll have an idea

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Squelching sounds like rack bushes, get it in the air and check them.
Knock could also be those, or could be the rack itself.

Ph1 T
Had it on the stands last night. The squelching is coming from the bush your right but they look spot on no leaking ect or is there not always visual signs mate

Ph1 T
Ill get it up on stands tonight again and double check but the noise is definitely coming from the drivers rack bush it sounds like water gushing about..

Ph1 T
I'm going to replace both rods and bushes least it's all done then..

Fitting my ph2 dash this weekend so that should be fun

Ph1 T
I take it the rack bush is inside the gaiter on the rod?

Sorry if that's obvious never done one of these before

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thats just the grease in the gaitor probably then! I thought you meant from oil in the rubber bush, lol, this is the problem with taking people on the internet as knowing what they mean when describing something!

Ph1 T
Will give it all a good checking over now I know what's what.. Is there grease inside the gaiter then like there is the driveshafts?

Cup In bits
Chip the cliosport steering racks aren't wet lubricated on the outside, in fact I can't think of any racks that are externally lubricated. Your seals have gone if there is any dampness inside that gator. There will be a small amount of grease on the splined part that the pinion meshes with but not dripping in it like a driveshaft.

When you say it sounds like water moving about, I know what you mean, I think your rack is goosed or getting there.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip the cliosport steering racks aren't wet lubricated on the outside,

They are greased on the joints on the rods, they just arent in the way that a williams is where there is so much lubrication there there is a balance pipe to allow it to move around, lol.

Ph1 T
Will get a better video tonight and post it up in here exactly where it's from.. Would you always buy new when getting a rack or is there no problem with a good second hand one

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive just got a decent secondhand rack of Mike at MWM for my mrs car as her rack as got quite bad, was hoping to fit this weekend but am now going to be stuck in a conference in london all weekend so I am hoping Danlp6 will bail me out by fitting it for us at short notice, as I really would prefer her not to do another trackday on the current one so am happy to book in and pay for labour for once even though we try to do most things ourselves normally.

Ph1 T
I was just about to message mike aswell as I've just bought some other bits off him..

Be glad at end of April when this becomes my weekend car getting annoying as a daily now lol