ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi A4 B7 avant 2.0 tfsi

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I’d make a progress thread for this as I plan on keeping it longer than 6 months unlike all my previous car.

So to the car, yeah it’s 14 years old few dents and scratches but the paintwork it’s stilk in really good condition.
It’s the 2.0 tfsi so same engine as golf gti. Petrol VRS etc

Just over 106k and good service history folder full of paperwork. Also got 6month Warrenty with it thrown in from the dealer I got it from :)

Far as I’m aware mechinally totally standard, alloys and wing mirror caps are only “mods” that’s happened.

So far I’ve had the change a breathe pipe as it was leaking air.

Plans for this are;
Change coolent temp sensor- got a fault cold for this intermittent signal
Pcv delete
Change diverter valve - not sure if go up rated or just standard newer valve
Panel filter

Tempted mods - waiting to see if any come up second hand as being tight lol
Exhaust
Sport cat
034 motorsport bits - like intake pipe etc
Remap - maybe revo
R8 coils

And maybe more once I look to see what else is out there.

Decent mate, these engines really need a remap to bring them alive though. R-Tech are very reputable and cheap for the TFSI. Also if doing the lower coolant temp sensor you should really do the thermostat at the same time, upper coolant sensor is easy.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Decent mate, these engines really need a remap to bring them alive though. R-Tech are very reputable and cheap for the TFSI. Also if doing the lower coolant temp sensor you should really do the thermostat at the same time, upper coolant sensor is easy.
Ahh thanks for advice, il look into R-tech for the map then.

Best get ordering more parts then haha! Not sure which coolent temp is erroring, just get intermittent reading fault

Ahh thanks for advice, il look into R-tech for the map then.

Best get ordering more parts then haha! Not sure which coolent temp is erroring, just get intermittent reading fault
Don't think VCDS differentiates which sensor so I'd change the upper first to see if it sorts it, if not you know it's the lower and do the thermostat at the same time. If doing it yourself I can help with how to go about it as I've done it twice now ?

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think VCDS differentiates which sensor so I'd change the upper first to see if it sorts it, if not you know it's the lower and do the thermostat at the same time. If doing it yourself I can help with how to go about it as I've done it twice now ?
Yeah will be doing it myself this weekend, any help be great haha. Il try top one then first. I think the engine in these is in different direction to yours tho as it’s in it side so to speak

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I wasn’t sure, I’m tempted to change everything to full black lol
Good grief no.

Silver, de badge and I'd probably put the mirrors back to standard as it's pretending to be an S4.. however those chrome caps go nicely with the rest of the chrome, against the black.

What are these standard ? ~200 I think ?

See if you can wind the bump stops in a couple of turns and it might help reduce that bonnet gap...

Yeah will be doing it myself this weekend, any help be great haha. Il try top one then first. I think the engine in these is in different direction to yours tho as it’s in it side so to speak
That should make it easier then mate if there's space to get your hands down there? This is the temp sensor I used.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Good grief no.

Silver, de badge and I'd probably put the mirrors back to standard as it's pretending to be an S4.. however those chrome caps go nicely with the rest of the chrome, against the black.

What are these standard ? ~200 I think ?

See if you can wind the bump stops in a couple of turns and it might help reduce that bonnet gap...
Cheers for help will give that a try.
Haha tempted drug dealer spec, I think I will change wheels to silver or by a summer set as the tyres aren’t best make, so il see what come up for sale .

Yeah 200 standard so not too bad but as heavy does feel little sluggish

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Yea
That should make it easier then mate if there's space to get your hands down there? This is the temp sensor I used.

Sort off as it’s under the cat gets in it ways I think for lower one.

Yeah that’s the one already order

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
New bits on the way for this.

Forge pcv delete, pipercross panel filter and the coolant sensor.

Should get this fitted this weekend.

Also awaiting a reply for an exhaust,

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Love the shape but that rear badging needs to go. Everyone will be listening for a V8 and will be sadly disappointed.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice! I just got one of these as well!

I’m on the hunt for an exhaust as well as I think mine blowing a bit. Want to get an exhaust and a remap at the same time as it’s slightly “bland” just now!

View attachment 1408579
Yeah that’s my aim but got any wedding this year so sneaking away that money is going to be hard lol. Yeah deffo bland as Second gear pull is good, then third just doesn’t seem to have as good pull

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
So got done a few bits today. Decided to do more than I thought so oil change and filter too

Fitted the pcv delete also! And what a difference it has made! Engine is a lot quieter now! Feels bit more lively too!

Also splashed out on an ultragauge. Great little bit of kit! Shame as this is an old car doesn’t have all the sensors in place to get the best out of it! But happy with it as can see warning codes etc

Just awaiting my air filter! Bought it Wednesday and still not turned up! So but annoyed but least it’s a quick job to change.

Now all I’m wanting to do is changed the cam follower (ordered it now) and also change the diverter valve. Think I’m going to go for the gfb diverter upgrade. But il have to wait till next payday for that!

Oh and also taking the badge off at the back as! Soo once it’s stopped raining I’m polish it up

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Sorted couple more little things today like the N80 valve and other fluid top ups!

Missed out on a DV+ diverter value :(

Gave it a good clean also!

It’s booked in next week to make it louder ??

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Had the mid resonator chopped off and it’s make a little bit of difference, which is good. But maybe want it louder haha.

So currently winning bidder on a decat!

Still not sure whether to get it remapped or not!

And insurance time had come round so need to get quotes!

Defo get it mapped mate, the 200ps TFSI really needs it IMO. Mine still gets a real world 33mpg as well, that's in loads of rush hour motorway traffic with an average speed per tank of 30mph. Ive seen real world 40mpg when travelling in flowing traffic.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Defo get it mapped mate, the 200ps TFSI really needs it IMO. Mine still gets a real world 33mpg as well, that's in loads of rush hour motorway traffic with an average speed per tank of 30mph. Ive seen real world 40mpg when travelling in flowing traffic.
Did you get it done by rtech? Or revo? As looking at rtech, if I get a decat they’re saying it be stage 2 and I need like new fuel pump, fmc etc so be loss more

Plus the price difference, I know rtech custom map where revo isn’t

Mine is Shark mapped. They aren't trading anymore.

Defo go R-Tech as Revo and APR are extortionate. See below on requirements for R-tech:

The TFSi K03 based AXX BWA peformance guide

• Stage 1 custom remap 230-250 hp 290-310 lbft
  • Stage 2 custom remap 265-275 hp 315-330 lbft
  • Stage 2+ custom remap 275-290 hp 355-360 lbft
  • Stage 3 k04 0r k03 hybrid custom remap 330-350 hp 350-370 lbft

Hardware Combination of tuning level options K03 TFSI

1. Stage 1 = Any hardware upgrade as long as cats and fuel pump stays oem
  2. Stage 2 = Intercooler – induction kit – sports cat / decat full performance exhaust
  3. Stage 2+= Hpfp – intercooler – induction kit – sports cat / decat full performance exhaust.
  4. Stage 3 = Stage2+ hardware upgrades with K04 or K03 Hybrid turbo with s3 injectors and RS4 pressure valve.

@Strell2 I may have a Revo induction kit for sale in the coming weeks but would need your OE airbox in trade plus a few quid my way. I would also have Bilstein B12's with new top mounts but again would need your old springs, dampers and top mounts in trade plus a few quid my way.

Could even fit them all for a small fee.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
@Strell2 I may have a Revo induction kit for sale in the coming weeks but would need your OE airbox in trade plus a few quid my way. I would also have Bilstein B12's with new top mounts but again would need your old springs, dampers and top mounts in trade plus a few quid my way.

I don’t think they would fit (induction kit) as mines a longitudinal engine.

Think il have to go to rtech then ?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member

Does that kit fit the 8J TTS?

I like the car, but just don't like the wheels on it. They look kind of wrong :unsure: I know they're Audi wheels etc.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What did/do you think of the car? I have the 170 TDi avant. Looking to change it early next year.