ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi A6 =1, Clio 172 cup =0 My car crash :(

BMW 330d :)
I was driving to a meeting this afternoon (2pm) down a backroad that I know well when I was involved in a head on accident with a brand new 56 plate A6 audi.

I was coming up to a hairpin bend, (in a 40 zone) when I notice a grey A6 going straight on at the corner! He manages to correct it but its still doing 30-40mph at the undergrowth at the side of the road, hitting small bushes and trees.

I slam on my brakes, am in the process of stopping when he overcorrects the car and pulls it onto the wrong side of the road straight into me.... :( My car has locked up by this point and slides into his, he is still doing 15+mph though. He is late 50's early 60's in a 56 plate A6, on the way to play golf apparently!!

The first thing he says to me when hes out the car is "I thought my car would have taken that corner better"!!!! I was still quite shaken by this point and my car was a bit worse for wear compared to his. I didnt want to move it until the police got there but it was just after a hairpin bend so we both moved into a layby. My front bumper has been pushed in, lights cracked, bonnet creased and folded and the drivers door is crunching when I open and close it. The driver airbag primed (Top plastic cover popped off steering collum) but it never fired.

The police came out, after the guy trying to say they werent needed, (Yeah right) and said that the blame was all his and filled in an accident report which I insisted on. They didnt seem to like the idea of more paperwork but I wasnt having the guy then deny all liability for the accident.....

So my car is in at the garage for repair, insurance have been informed and the police report is hopefully being dealt with.

Quite upset by everything and my neck is a bit sore and I have a bit of a headache. But it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

I think its going to be a cat c or d.

Cheers

Fraser

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
If they repair it, make sure you check the car over extremly well before ecepting it back.

Even if one panel is out buy a little bit.. refuse it.

At least your okay. Is a reall shitter when this sorta thing happens to you.

All teh best in a hassle free claim.

Leon Cupra 300
gutted... hope they find damage to the roof or something and write it off.

anyway, glad your ok as you say it could of being alot worse!

BMW 330d :)
Cheers guys, I insisted on a police report cos there werent any witnesses.... The insurance company sees a 25 year old driving a hot hatch and a 60 year old driving a top line audi who are they going to believe?? Makes me mad.

Oh and I saw rory182 while I was driving back home... He looked a bit shocked at the state of my car! It was just about drivable but the driveshafts sound shot and it was making a hell of a noise. Still there didnt seem to be any fluid loss which was good....

Hopefully i get it back soon..

Cheers

Fraser

Bad luck, Dude. Before you moved it did you take any pictures? Hopefully, if I ever were to crash I'd remember to do that before the cars were moved to try prove the third-party's guilt (especially if his car is on your side of the road!)

Sorry to here that mate good that you have stuck with getting the police and doing it all official! I made that mistake once allowing to sort it out of insurance worst mistake I ever did I tell thee!!
Also try and claim for whiplash or any other niggle or injury get a bit of compo.....

Rob.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
rwaterman said:
Also try and claim for whiplash or any other niggle or injury get a bit of compo.....

Sure.. Add to the problem of killer insurance for everyone:sleepy:

I have had 70mph crashes before and I have never been hurt, I fail to see how people can get away with claiming "whiplash" from 30mph ish crashes.. BTW Rob, you can't get whiplash from a forward crash, and hopefully Fraser isn't a pillock!!

Z4 Roadster
that's bad mate, but glad you're basically ok.

I guess it could have been worse especially with a big car like an A6 - they must be 50% heavier than a cup.

Hope you get the car sorted out ok. :)

Burgandy 174 sport t
could well be a right off that mate labour n s**t involved then again no xenons or leather seat covers to replace.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
At least your ok.

Thats 2 cups involved in accidents in less than a week!!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^^ i now it's not the right thing to do, but if you did'nt put a claim in it would not achieve anything except you losing out, the way this country opperates now you have to claim just to try and recoup so of the extra cost of insurance etc next year

BMW E46 330i Touring
g40steve said:
Thats 2 cups involved in accidents in less than a week!!

As I've already said, the seasonal Cup reduction has begun...

Bad luck mate, sounds like you did everything right and the insurance claim shouldn't be an issue. Fair play for the A6 owner to push his car through the corners though, he should've bought a Clio instead! :)

A Beautiful R32
Glad your ok mate... my friend got his motor squashed by a lorry today that turned right on a roundabout from the left hand lane that was straight on only. :(

Civic Vtec y0
Thats s**t mate! Glad your ok tho!

On te subject of making a claim, if your neck and head are sore then you have suffered a injury therefore entitling you to a claim! If I were you I would have no hesitation in making a claim!

Nippy white cup
sorry to hear this m8 but glad you are ok. Kick the insurance company up the ass as they will drag their feet m8...as I'm currently finding!

Chris

Banana
Sorry to hear this buddy :(
Hope you recover soon and get the mess sorted out.
Cups are becoming rarer than sober irishmen!

Monaco Blue 172
and i thought cup drivers never "slam" their brakes on ;) guess some are human after all...

anyhoo, well done for standing ur ground and waiting for police etc.. u just cant trust people these days, even the older ones who should know better! hope u get it all sorted :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
It wont be a cat C or D unless they payout the total value of the car.. i.e write it off... so dont worry about that. Unless it is a total loss, if so then its time to find a new motor and by the sounds of it, it could be touch and go.

Bit of a shitter, no fault of your own but you will potentially have a car worth much less than a non-crashed Cup in future.

Would it not be better if it was written off?