ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Clio! Got myself a ph1 flame red 172 :D:D

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well after nearly a year of not having any sort of Clio :eek: picked one up today. Only involved getting up at 3:30am, getting a flight from Edinburgh to Luton and driving back up by myself Im finally home properly and the pics are uploaded. BIG thanks to Gareth (FunkyMunky) and Amie (Bubbles) firstly for shorting me out with picking me up and also for selling me what would appear to be a minter!!

A few crappy quality pics of it from me, more to come when Im awake!!

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Cheers
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Haz, dont youworry son, plenty of changes in the pipeline, 100% standard just now bar the CS sticker!

Yeah by a long way Justin, already driven it further I think!!

Mercedes C Class Sport
im dying to drive both a ph-quick and ph2 172...interesting to see why everyone seems to think the ph-quicks are better :S
Looks mint John, flame reds sexy ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nice one mate how you finding the handling compaired to the old 1.4? im still getting used to mine, still not liking 16" wheels but dont want to go to 15s without coilovers.

Golf R
hello fella.... good to see some pictures of the old beast... glad you got home in pretty good time... look forward to seeing the update pictures along the way :D

Golf R
Didn't even realise this was for sale LOL.

He had that for 5 minutes!

well i PM'd him about it last week as i thought i'd found a car i wanted to buy, but that fell through. I have however got something else in the pipeline but for the time being we're down to just one RS

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Hey Babe... glad you made it home ok!

Was sad to come home and not see her there anymore :( look after her!

Hope my car wasnt toooo loud for you ;)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
john mate, id give it a good going over if i were you, might be some train track sleepers stuck in there somewhere ;)

nice one on the sale gareth, i know what ur getting next, and ur a jammy git.

that is all i have to say on the matter. :clown:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks all, Im sooooooo happy with it! Much much much better than my previous ph2, but mostly cos that was a dog!

nice one mate how you finding the handling compaired to the old 1.4? im still getting used to mine, still not liking 16" wheels but dont want to go to 15s without coilovers.

The handling is surprsingly good Martin, its about the same level as the 1.4 was with a bit more roll but it just hangs on to its line for dear life!

Mines up for sale Next ;)

I offered Gareth the cash for yours but didnt seem keen :S Exhasut was nice around town and accelerating but can see it being a bit much for the type of trip I did yesterday!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its cos they know it makes sense ;)

Yeah was a bit of a trek, my gf wan meant to be coming but she fell ill and couldnt do it so had to do it myself, took a fair few breaks!!

Golf R
Its cos they know it makes sense ;)

Yeah was a bit of a trek, my gf wan meant to be coming but she fell ill and couldnt do it so had to do it myself, took a fair few breaks!!

How is your GF? Meant to ask last night whether she was feeling better? And does she like the new wheels now she's seen it in person?

Fair play for making the long journey down :approve:

172 phase2 since2003
have seen that ph 1 around alot in luton always looked well clean and looked after !!!!!!!!!!! i agree on rear lights thow mate could look better if you change them :)