ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4 (Yes, really...)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Confirmed by EA yesterday. If you pre-order MOH Warfighter you'll get access to the Beta in 2013, for a 2014 release.

Will possibly be a next-gen release... I can't see it not being?

Madness IMO.

Ah well, it's coming and all that. :cool:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/17/ea-announces-battlefield-4

http://www.t3.com/news/battlefield-4-release-confirmed-by-electronic-arts-president

Rumours are than Bad Company 3 (currently rumoured to be mid-development) will be on the current hardware, with BF4 being next-gen.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They're taking the piss. Even though that's 2 years away it still annoys me that they haven't even released half of their planned DLC for BF3.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh...quite annoying. There is still so much life left in BF3 and the mere mention of BF4 shows their focus has already shifted, so the maps might just be a cash in and official servers probably switched off again before too long! There was several years between 2 and 3 interspersed with the Bad Company games, I would rather have a more off the wall interim game or a BF3 add-on campaign along the same lines of Vietnam for Bad Company 2, e.g. same engine, different setting, weapons and vehicles.

People are already getting a bit sick of FPSs and one of the main reasons I like BF is you can spend ages unlocking everything. Now though you can just pay to do everything and the person who is a real fan of the series, and who invests hours playing it, is no longer rewarded. This whole premium service thing too seems a bit of a con - VERY expensive too I think.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was reading this yesterday. You get a BETA code with pre order.

If its a 2014 release then surely it will be a next gen?

I also read that there might not be a BC3 as its not as popular as the Battlefield series but who knows.

Mito Sportiva 135
I heard a while ago there would be a BC3...I am guessing that BF4 will on this generation of consoles though - it can't be next gen surely, as the beta is in 2013, and it will still be current generation!

C1 VTR (Company Car)
If they're puttng it on a newer/better version of frostbite... It's just gonna look like a movie haha.

Should be a great game, loved BF3 personally.

'04 Clio 1.6
I'd like them to put more focus into the downloadable content for BF3 rather than bollocking about with the next title but hey, thats EA for you.

'04 Clio 1.6
Has that been confirmed tho. I know there is a beta but it could be a code to be used on the new console?

The beta goes to those who pre-order the limited edition copy of Medal of Honor Warfighter, which is out in October, so the beta will launch sometime early 2013. So it'll definately be for this generation.

I loved BF3 when it came out - but bugs and server outages annoyed me. Then no new content at all
Shame because it's so much more gritty and realistic than Cod

But Cod MW3 - I paid for the elite subscription and there's been half a dozen new single player maps and 6-8 new multiplayer maps. New game modes. Loads of stuff
So much better

Nippy white cup
I loved BF3 when it came out - but bugs and server outages annoyed me. Then no new content at all
Shame because it's so much more gritty and realistic than Cod

But Cod MW3 - I paid for the elite subscription and there's been half a dozen new single player maps and 6-8 new multiplayer maps. New game modes. Loads of stuff
So much better

But there are a load of new maps out/coming out

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh...quite annoying. There is still so much life left in BF3 and the mere mention of BF4 shows their focus has already shifted, so the maps might just be a cash in and official servers probably switched off again before too long! There was several years between 2 and 3 interspersed with the Bad Company games, I would rather have a more off the wall interim game or a BF3 add-on campaign along the same lines of Vietnam for Bad Company 2, e.g. same engine, different setting, weapons and vehicles.

People are already getting a bit sick of FPSs and one of the main reasons I like BF is you can spend ages unlocking everything. Now though you can just pay to do everything and the person who is a real fan of the series, and who invests hours playing it, is no longer rewarded. This whole premium service thing too seems a bit of a con - VERY expensive too I think.

Excellent post. I do feel that with BF3, they de-railed themselves somewhat. I've been faithful to the entire series, with BF2142 and BFBC2 being my two personal favourites. But BF3 just didn't grab me at all - even though it should have done given the sum of all its parts.

I don't feel like I have to work towards anything anymore. I literally fart, jump two walls and shoot a tank with 5 pistol rounds and suddenly I'm awarded an ACOG scope or some other perk that I'll never use - and that's just 5 minutes after the last unlock I was awarded. What is the fascination with awarding all players with everything? I personally loved that aspect on BF2142 where your Rank 50 cap physically didn't give you enough experience points to unlock all the items available in the class trees. It made you choose - and choose bloody wisely, or else you wasted an extremely valuable unlock. Not one of these BF3 types where you fire basically one mag from it, get bored and then change to something else.

EA/DICE. You can have too much choice, you know?

D.

'04 Clio 1.6
It's taken this long to bring them out - where MW3 has over 16 new maps lol
I lost interest

Hate to sound like a fanboy but MW3 has been releasing a steady amount of quite rubbish maps every couple of months since launch. These packs that BF3 are releasing are spaced out evenly. Back to Karkand came out a month or so after release, Close Quarters last month and Armored Kill will be September (by the way has anyone seen the trailer? looks pretty damn sweet)

The dlc thats been coming out for BF3 is substantially better than what IW has been churning out.

1eight2
I loved BF2 and BF3 was a huge successor IMO. After x ammount of years though. I hope they aren't just rushing them out.

Although i'd like to see it as a next gen release. e.g. Call of Duty 2.

Mito Sportiva 135
Excellent post. I do feel that with BF3, they de-railed themselves somewhat. I've been faithful to the entire series, with BF2142 and BFBC2 being my two personal favourites. But BF3 just didn't grab me at all - even though it should have done given the sum of all its parts.

I don't feel like I have to work towards anything anymore. I literally fart, jump two walls and shoot a tank with 5 pistol rounds and suddenly I'm awarded an ACOG scope or some other perk that I'll never use - and that's just 5 minutes after the last unlock I was awarded. What is the fascination with awarding all players with everything? I personally loved that aspect on BF2142 where your Rank 50 cap physically didn't give you enough experience points to unlock all the items available in the class trees. It made you choose - and choose bloody wisely, or else you wasted an extremely valuable unlock. Not one of these BF3 types where you fire basically one mag from it, get bored and then change to something else.

EA/DICE. You can have too much choice, you know?

D.

Yeh exactly, even in BC2 felt the range of guns was better balanced, and each one had different characteristics...and usually got better or had new features as you ranked higher. In BF3 there's too many weapons and don't know which ones are better or worse really...although I do like unlocking upgrades for individual guns rather than just class upgrades as in BC2 (not sure if it was like this in previous BF games but BC2 was the first one I played, except 1943).

I like being able to customise my character, be rewarded for good gameplay and sticking with a game...but being able to bypass all of it through buying it or meaningless upgrades (some of which are only available through thepremium service) are just too far. Sort of feel bad for Dice as you can be pretty sure that it was EA marketing people who came up with it alll 'to increase revenue streams'...they often don't think about how it will alienate the people who played BF for ages and supported it over COD and made it popular to begin with.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Clearly going to be using the Frostbite 2 engine for a turn around that quick you would think.

BF3 is amazing, graphics distroy any other FPS game if you play it on a proper machine, however gameplay wise nothing can beat the original and best CS 1.6 which is constantly in the Steam most played top 5 games since 2003... lol :)

EA are a fairly anal company though depsite such an awesome game, making us buy and play BF3 through the abortion that is Origin and all the premium s**te, premium servers etc... so thats like £90ish for BF3 and Premium if paying RRP... my god EA. Obviously they know kids will pay for this crap so its probably working out well for them in general but still.. probably not the best way to do it in my eyes.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't mind paying £90 (although rather not!) if a game grips me and I can play it for months. What I resent is 'premium' basically meaning 'normal' becomes sub-premium, and they try to make premium normal (if you get what I mean!). I would rather just pay a couple £ a month or something and everyone has the same full game with no gash DLC, and not letting beginners come along and unlock everything...especially for vehicles this makes a massive difference as with all the upgrades tanks, choppers and jets are too strong in the right hands. Fair play if you put the hours in to get there but when you see like people under level 10 or something with everything then it does annoy me.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I don't mind paying £90 (although rather not!) if a game grips me and I can play it for months. What I resent is 'premium' basically meaning 'normal' becomes sub-premium, and they try to make premium normal (if you get what I mean!). I would rather just pay a couple £ a month or something and everyone has the same full game with no gash DLC, and not letting beginners come along and unlock everything...especially for vehicles this makes a massive difference as with all the upgrades tanks, choppers and jets are too strong in the right hands. Fair play if you put the hours in to get there but when you see like people under level 10 or something with everything then it does annoy me.

Cannot agree more.

Sunny
BF4? WTF?!

BF3 has not even been out a year yet. Even BC2 still has plenty people playing it and thats 3 years old!

I have not bought the premium pack yet because of the exact reasons people have given above. Its a cash in.