ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben_Stevo172 - White Supercharged 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  White Evo V
You don't mess about do you! What colour are the wheels going to be??

Wheels will be gloss black. I thought about red but all my detailing is going to be red and I thought red wheels would look too much. Black wheels will break it up nicely IMO!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Its half way there, i think you could pull of a set of red wheels on your car.

In reply to the suspension Comments below, Have to agree although this car isnt a focussed track car i would have still gone for H & R or something along the same lines.

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Wheels will be gloss black. I thought about red but all my detailing is going to be red and I thought red wheels would look too much. Black wheels will break it up nicely IMO!

Ben have you thought about putting a red lip on the black wheels? I reckon that'd look awesome.

White Evo V
+1. I was gobsmacked to be honest. All that effort and $$ on all your mods so far and you get the 'cheapest' (to phrase it nicely) suspension on the market :(

Cheapest doesn't mean worst!! There's been alot of good write ups on these coilovers, and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality! It's a fast road car and maybe the odd track day so I think these coilovers will suit the car just fine for what I am going to use it for!

Also the only mod that's cost alot is the SC conversion. Respray has cost me £240! Coilovers £170 and alloys I swapped for my old set so they didn't cost much.

TrackCar & F30 330d
See what it looks like with the balc wheels and then i'm sure someone will photoshop the wheels red to see if you like it or not :)

White Evo V
See what it looks like with the balc wheels and then i'm sure someone will photoshop the wheels red to see if you like it or not :)

Well my original plan was red but I like the wheels in black and thought it would break it up nicely! We will see. If I change my mind it doesn't cost alot to get them re-done in red.

My idea is red 2.0 detailing on the bullets, red diamonds (no rear badges) and red dash strips, wheels in gloss black with either a red lip or red stickers on them? Il have a play when I get the wheels back.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I vote red, think it would look unbelievable! Did you pick up another 16 inch Oz F1?

White Evo V
I vote red, think it would look unbelievable! Did you pick up another 16 inch Oz F1?

It's too late now! I'm gunna see how the black looks then Photoshop it when it's all together and if red is the best I will get them re-done. Lol!

No I havnt picked another wheel up yet so I have sent 3 to the powdercoaters and I will have to pop the spare on if I don't get another before the cars back on the road! Do you know anyone edd??

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I can't beleive how fast this has changed! Can't wait to see it at the next meet :)

Expert HDI & R53
If you do you wheels red it will look a rip off of RSTunings supercharged PH1.

FLOL at tghe raceland coilovers!! Nice progress though!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
It's too late now! I'm gunna see how the black looks then Photoshop it when it's all together and if red is the best I will get them re-done. Lol!

No I havnt picked another wheel up yet so I have sent 3 to the powdercoaters and I will have to pop the spare on if I don't get another before the cars back on the road! Do you know anyone edd??

No I don't, but I'll keep my eye open.

White Evo V
Refurbed wheels went back on today and I pulled it out of the garage. Coilovers need adjusting a little bit higher as its a bit too low at the front, back seems fine though. Hopefully the panels will be painted and fitted by next weekend (20th&21st).
Heres a few pics:

DSC00212.gif

DSC00220.gif

DSC00224.gif

DSC00225.gif

White Evo V
Nice to see it back on it's wheels mate think you made the right choice with the black wheels. :)

TBH so do I. Red would look ok but as someone mentioned it would look like a bit of a rip off of Pauls SC ph1! Really chuffed with the paintwork now its out in the sun. Looks absolutly MINT! :D

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
TBH so do I. Red would look ok but as someone mentioned it would look like a bit of a rip off of Pauls SC ph1! Really chuffed with the paintwork now its out in the sun. Looks absolutly MINT! :D

It looked mint in the garage when I was round so I knew it would look even better once outside.

You've got to be happy with the results :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Looks good, the only problem is you painted over a monaco :( should have bought a silver one .

CLIO PH1 172
looks sweet as, im glad you chose black over red this is going to be someting special when its done !!

Status
Not open for further replies.