ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben_Stevo172 - White Supercharged 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  White Evo V
Re: Ben_stevo172 - Supercharged Monaco 172

I dunno why he did quote more but he did.... last thing i wanted t do was lose to a clio lol.... its only standard is the subaru

Sorry mate there must have been some confusion?! I swear u said it was an STI? I thought I heard 297 and repeated it I didn't tell you what mine was running did I? Tbh tho it was hard to hear u! I wasn't trying to big myself up! I don't need to claim any more than 252, that's still crazy from a car that weighs pretty much a tonne!

And are you sure it still wouldn't pass a 300bhp scoob? Power to weight an all that! Got some new tyres now aswell so traction issues are MUCH better!

When you say wait till I get my own Andy, does that mean urselling the scoob? Btw ur car looked v tidy!

subaru

nt been funny mate but tht is a load of sh*t it was you who said u had 297 break in the clio we told u it was 225 dont see why u dint just say it was 250 surely wud of shown the subaru even more up ? nt bad for a standerd sub tho ;)

Sorry mate there must have been some confusion?! I swear u said it was an STI? I thought I heard 297 and repeated it I didn't tell you what mine was running did I? Tbh tho it was hard to hear u! I wasn't trying to big myself up! I don't need to claim any more than 252, that's still crazy from a car that weighs pretty much a tonne!

And are you sure it still wouldn't pass a 300bhp scoob? Power to weight an all that! Got some new tyres now aswell so traction issues are MUCH better!

When you say wait till I get my own Andy, does that mean urselling the scoob? Btw ur car looked v tidy!

yeah must have been some confusion i definately dint say 297 as then i would have looked even worse haha.... its not mine lol im not gettin one till june mate gettin 06 plate hawkeye version.... lad who's car it is int right happy bout a clio beating him hahaha he says wait till i see him in this clio......

audi a6 3.0tdi

All this excitement and it was a standard wrx lol. Rexe off here has just sold his for an evo as the wrx used to get blitzed by my clio.

before anything is said my clio was down to 920kg so had a far better power to weight ratio

White Evo V

nt been funny mate but tht is a load of sh*t it was you who said u had 297 break in the clio we told u it was 225 dont see why u dint just say it was 250 surely wud of shown the subaru even more up ? nt bad for a standerd sub tho ;)

Haha, this makes me laff! I never said it was 297! What a load of shat! Maybe u miss heard me considering we were shouting accross? Don't join a forum and come on to **** the members off! I obviously missheard u because i swore u said it was a standard STI! I never even heard 225 come into it!

End of the day change the subject! It's getting boring now!

All this excitement and it was a standard wrx lol. a standard clio can keep with those as my mate rexe on here has just sold his for an evo as the wrx was so slow.

Evo nice choice :cool: which one? WRX int exactly slow lol drive my piece of s**t then come back to slow ahahaha... you doin owt else to your car ben or is that pretty much all you can do?

audi a6 3.0tdi

Evo nice choice :cool: which one? WRX int exactly slow lol drive my piece of s**t then come back to slow ahahaha... you doin owt else to your car ben or is that pretty much all you can do?

He's gone for an evo v with plenty of goodies. Its got a good 100bhp more than his impreza had.

White Evo V

No the work has only just started! got a spare engine ready for a forged rebuild which then should allow 300-400 horses depending on how far I wanna stretch it really and how safe I wanna run it!

Also looking into suspension mods at te minute and looking into an LSD in the future!

So still plenty more to come!

No the work has only just started! got a spare engine ready for a forged rebuild which then should allow 300-400 horses depending on how far I wanna stretch it really and how safe I wanna run it!

Also looking into suspension mods at te minute and looking into an LSD in the future!

So still plenty more to come!

Jesus be quick then.... how much you spent upto now? Is that camera you video'd on like some mounted thing or what? you could have said lol.....

ZX6R B1H

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha Wigle was sat here before telling me about this and i laughed big time... i laughed even more when he told me it was a std 225 WRX... They are poooooo slow.

My stripped out clio 172 battered a couple of these as i loved the scoobys and wanted one. I was well disappointed when mine battered them. I still went out and bought one and i hated it after a few weeks. There naff, apart from a proper launch they are just not really all that. I outdrove an STI in mine on some roundabouts, twistys so it wasnt exaclty a duff one. And also handed a modified wrx his arse in my std WRX.

I only posted as i really wanted a little charged clio to absolutly hand the scoobys arse as w17gle is really edging to do the conversion. If it had been an STD STI it would of been on par tbh as they are too fat and lardy and underpowered... And w17gle has also proved his PHS1 172 matched a impreza STI blob MY04 on pace in gear upto naughty speeds.

Last edited:
  White Evo V

Jesus be quick then.... how much you spent upto now? Is that camera you video'd on like some mounted thing or what? you could have said lol.....

I've spent about £5k on the car since I got it, about £4k on
the SC conversion.

It's just my iPhone on the docking station mounted to the screen! Handy for catching little races out and about! Got quite a big collection building up now! Lol

ZX6R B1H

Vid's awesome as well ben ;) just had to trail back to find it.

I've spent about £5k on the car since I got it, about £4k on
the SC conversion.

It's just my iPhone on the docking station mounted to the screen! Handy for catching little races out and about! Got quite a big collection building up now! Lol

Jesus a lot of money int it? Put that into a Subaru or any car that is some what quick standard you definately expect results ahhhhhh good idea ill do that wi mine next year haha a

172 ph-quick

Haha lmao! I like it how they call them crappy little 182's! This is what I love about the renaultsport clio's, there totally under rated even in standard form!
pmsl at the bloke who reckoned he had an audi a4 up his chuff and couldnt shift it when he was in a 172 and when they stopped the bloke said it was a 1.6! somehow i think he may have been telling porkies, lol

White Evo V

So this is how the car sits with the standard springs re-fitted, ride is soooo much better but far less aggressive! Still handles well IMO. After Christmas my first purchases will be coilovers and a new exhaust. I got some new tyres fitted yesterday, I went for Michelin Exalto's 205/45/16, managed to get them for £102 each including fitting which I thought was a fair price? I am going to get another 2 for the rear after Christmas. I also got my brother to make me a decal for the tailgate using his sticker machine. We were trying to think of a sneaky/sly sticker that stated it was Supercharged but not obviously and we couldnt think of a better one than the 'S' from the mini cooper. He made it in yellow for me to tie in with my theme! Just gave it a wash with car shampoo/wax and heres a few piccys:

100_9578.gif

100_9579.gif

100_9581.gif

100_9584.gif

100_9585.gif

mmmmmmmmmm plenty of tread! :D
100_9583.gif

Supercharged 'S' decal
100_9582.gif

Clio MK1 RT, Clio MK1 RL

Thats cool man - I like it

Edit: does your brother own the rwd project?? If so can you get his piccies up in his thread please :D

SQ5

Mine hasn't noticed it if I drive reasonably sensible. I can still return 250-300 on a long journey which is as good as mine used to be standard! Although with the foot down it does go. Just tonight I've been through £20 over around 75 miles!

Megane RS 250

Pretty neat! I'd remove the yellow stickers from the wheels!

White Evo V

Last night I took a video of my boost gauge. It used to boost to 0.6bar but recently its been boosting to 0.8bar! God knows why? I dont know how accurate the boost gauge is as its only a cheap one but the car feels bloody quick at the minute! Going to have to speak to Paul at RS and see what he thinks because im worried about something popping running the kind of boost it is at the minute. Heres a vid:

th_IMG_0154.gif

White Evo V

Probably because of the weather? Sounds like an angry rhino

Ah yeah, didnt think of that! It was at about 11:00pm last night this video aswell, it was nice and cold. Its gunna feel slow in the summer then if thats the case. Atleast itl have traction then though! :D

I wanna bang it on the dyno running how it is now!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Ben, the boost itself is a little high.... however I believe with the peak fueling (10.5?) you have, there is plenty fuel there. however I cant comment on the ign timing, so probably worth checking with Paul

White Evo V

Ben, the boost itself is a little high.... however I believe with the peak fueling (10.5?) you have, there is plenty fuel there. however I cant comment on the ign timing, so probably worth checking with Paul

Ok cheers for that! Il nip down at the weekend and let him have a scan!

SQ5

I think the rattles just take over the noise TBH lol! Stripped FTL/FTW!?

White Evo V

Ah I see! What's urs boosting to Danny in this cold weather? Has the boost raised slightly or is it still at 0.45 bar??

SQ5

Still around 0.5 I think, not really looked at the gauge too much, gets a bit shaky when at high revs ;)

White Evo V

Yeah it's hard to see coz when it's at peak boost the engines also just about to hit the limiter! That's why I filmed it so I could monitor it better!

Wonder why my boost has raised by 0.2bar then?

Status
Not open for further replies.