ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 2.1 system for under £150?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi... I asked this very question about four years ago, and the answer from more than one forum all came down to the AE Aego M speakers. They're fantastic, absolutely love them, however as it's been years since that purchase I wondered if there was anything that's come out to beat them? I need a new system for a different television. When I say 2.1 I'm literally just referring to the speakers and sub, not a DVD player as well. The Aego's simply plug into the headphone socket on my TV, can be a bit fuzzy at louder volumes is the only complaint. Hardly ever have it that loud though, and even if I do you soon get used to it. I see the Aego's are still avaliable to purchase brand new so I may end up with another set unless anyone recommends an alternative :p Thank you please.

SLK 350
Normally wouldn't recommend Bose, but you could do a lot worse than getting some Bose Companion's, you may need to increase the budget slightly though! Otherwise, take a look at some of the Edifier stuff.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers but I say no DVD/blu-ray as we already have a PS3 attached... also, I should have mentioned the speakers need to be as small as possible! So unfortunately the ones you posted don't quite cut the mustard (this is my mum's rule btw...)

Mito Sportiva 135
They are smaller than they look, probably 13" or something. But if you already have a PS3 then yeah you will be paying towards technology you already have.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This one looks pretty cute!

altec-lansing-expressionist-plus-speakers_1.jpg