ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Sat Nav With Speed Camera Alerts?

VRS
im after replacing the road angel as im fed up with the dodgy signal from the clios uv windscreen

now ive heard that the newer sat navs have better gps receivers which work fine in the clios without an external antenna

so which is the best value sat nav which works well with the clio windscreen that had speed camera updates ?

cheers

andy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Garmin Nuvi 250. European and english maps included. Update speed cam info weekly from pocketgspworld. About £280 in the shops, I got it for £215 from Amazon, works in the clio's.

phase 1 172
the latest tom tom advertised on pc world comes with speed camera already installed

i had the tom tom one bought for me last year and bought the speed detection software and its great, i dont even have to place it near the gps square on the windscreen to get a signal and if you take a wrond turn the correct is within 5 seconds max

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/435555

even answers vocal queries

highly recommended

VRS
are the speed camera detectors on the sat navs as good as the road angel ie do they give you warnings as you get to them or do they just show them on your route?

are the speed camera detectors on the sat navs as good as the road angel ie do they give you warnings as you get to them or do they just show them on your route?

they warn you if the camera is on your route, you can adjust how far away too.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Do the mobile speed camera detectors still pick up the large motors that are on roller doors etc, i remember these can be picked up as speed cameras by mistake. Or have things moved on?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Doh! Got prices wrong! The Garmin 250 is £180 in shops, £115 from Amazon, so just over half the price of the tom tom!
Forgot to mention the Garmin is preloaded with camera locations, but you can also update them

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Garmin Nuvi 250. European and english maps included. Update speed cam info weekly from pocketgspworld. About £280 in the shops, I got it for £215 from Amazon, works in the clio's.

got the same sat nav and its brilliant simple to use etc

cant vouch for it working in a clio though as i have never tried

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Used a garmin nuvi before think it was the 200, had it nowhere near the square in the window and worked very well, didnt lose signal once

RenaultSport clio Trophy
any1 use the origin drive? (speed camera + sat nav)

Ive got an origin b2 but their offering to upgrade it to the drive for a good price............

??

106 GTi
My TomTom One has speed cameras and works through the screen, picks them up around the same time as my RA2 does. The updates for the TomTom speed camera database have also just gone weekly.

VRS
My TomTom One has speed cameras and works through the screen, picks them up around the same time as my RA2 does. The updates for the TomTom speed camera database have also just gone weekly.

rich do you still use your ra2 as well then?

106 GTi
I only really used the TomTom on long journeys, but did use them both - though the bloody RA2 refuses to update now so just the TomTom now.

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Ive got a base model garmin, £150 from halfrauds. Really pleased with it so far, had no issues with the windscreen. Not tried updating the speed cameras yet though.