ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEWARE, LOW MILEAGE LIQUID YELLOW CLIO 182 VO54 FFZ

BMW 535d
I can see this dealer has picked up a bum car from a crafty ex-owner trying his luck.

TBH at the right price I would be more than happy to buy it. Clean shell. Engine is running...

Cars at this age now are bound to have quirks.

My old Williams for instance. Was the engine I bought it with REALLY the original. Theres no way to tell

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I can see this dealer has picked up a bum car from a crafty ex-owner trying his luck.

TBH at the right price I would be more than happy to buy it. Clean shell. Engine is running...

My old Williams for instance. Was the engine I bought it with REALLY the original. Theres no way to tell

LOL- I feel your i a minority with that opinion-

If im paying 5k for a 182 Id expect it to have the original correct engine - especially as the person who bought it probably paid a higher amount for a low mileage car, sure there are some quirks with these cars like the lumpy idle, dodgy steering wheels, however an 80k phase 1 engine & disabled clutch with a chain are not examples of them!

The car now as it is I guess would be around 2500/3k- based on that shoddy engine, ( thats after fred had replaced all the clutch stuff) If it had a low mileage replacement 182 engine then may 3500-

As traders they know they are shafted, its disapointing they are trying to shaft someone else as it tars everyone with the same brush-

they probably paid between 3500-4k for it- They should auction it off sold as seen ( I would remove that clutch thing) & they wouldnt be far off breaking even....

S

The sad thing is that this car will appear back on here. Someone will buy it and then find this place. Then realise what they've got.

Steve is right, it's value is at least half now. The dealer isn't going to take that sort of hit on it, so they'll continue to try and sell it as it is. The clutch thing is fairly obvious but the engine.. Nobody except the real gurus on here would be able to tell the difference.

Had Fred not had it, most garages wouldn't have noticed and the OP would be happy as Larry.

I bet it's not the only car on here running the 'wrong' engine with the owner not knowing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have a clue about the engine. Bonnet opened - bonnet closed.

E36 M3. 182
LOL- I feel your i a minority with that opinion-

If im paying 5k for a 182 Id expect it to have the original correct engine - especially as the person who bought it probably paid a higher amount for a low mileage car, sure there are some quirks with these cars like the lumpy idle, dodgy steering wheels, however an 80k phase 1 engine & disabled clutch with a chain are not examples of them!

The car now as it is I guess would be around 2500/3k- based on that shoddy engine, ( thats after fred had replaced all the clutch stuff) If it had a low mileage replacement 182 engine then may 3500-

As traders they know they are shafted, its disapointing they are trying to shaft someone else as it tars everyone with the same brush-

they probably paid between 3500-4k for it- They should auction it off sold as seen ( I would remove that clutch thing) & they wouldnt be far off breaking even....

S

Id be tempted to take a punt on it for £1500-2k..... Swap the good bits out of my scruffy 182 into it, job done......

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Your FRP is a 1.6 SE engine with a fancy engine cover is it not? :rasp:

Different engines mate. I can see why you would think that. Infact mine is a real Zetec-s, your one is actually the SE. Ironically.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
got to be honest, I've never heard anyone complain about having a ph1 engine before. They make the best power LOL.
Poor condition of said engine is the only negative really

Unless this car is bought by someone who isn't on here or by someone who buys it then doesn't come on here, it will just keep boomeranging back to them.

They need to get rid of the superfluous clutch stuff and either change the engine or come clean about the engine and write an honest advert otherwise this car could beome a permanent fixture on their premises.

However they got their hands on it, there's no way the spent £5k + on it so they could move it on at cost after sorting it and move on.

As things stand, this car is destroying any reputation they had on here at least and people will always see them as liars and scammers.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Someone with the disposable cash should buy it and get the engine to blow within a day or so and take it back as not fit for purpose, will stop him selling it on again.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Good to hear you got nearly all of your money back!

What a bodge of a car by the sounds of it. I can't believe they just put it straight back up for sale, hope they get what they derserve.

Ibiza FR Edition
How long does it take to remove stuff from Pistonheads... thought the advert would be gone by now?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I can't believe the description of it on their site, "Truly unmolested and STANDARD example". Unbelievable.

I'm in two minds as to whether I should mail the guy that runs the classifieds on PH directly.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
theres a few other LY's for sale on autotrader mate, theres a ff one in edinburgh that looks decent, if you fancy the treck lol.

so lucky you took it to fred!

but how does that clutch work? disengages the clutch at x rpm?

Clio 172 Cup
How long does it take to remove stuff from Pistonheads... thought the advert would be gone by now?

30 days they normally stay up for unless paid by a trader for longer, you can mark it as sold in the edit options and then it stays for about 10 days.
sold a few things on there and found that to be the norm, im sure you can go to trading standards about the car and i wouldnt have settled for just 5k back as they just pocketed 250£ for selling a duff car.

Non Sport Megane
Just reported this aswell! feel sorry for the person who ends up buying this, not knowing of its problems! looks like a gorgeous car aswell!

RS
theres a few other LY's for sale on autotrader mate, theres a ff one in edinburgh that looks decent, if you fancy the treck lol.

so lucky you took it to fred!

but how does that clutch work? disengages the clutch at x rpm?

I've had a look at others for sale, reckon I am either going for a Trophy or something not french :S

From reading the website of the manufacturer (I can't remember the name now, it was on the wrong side of the motor which was bolted back to the bulk head) there would have been a button that you press to change gear. I guess that operated the motor that would drive that chain that you can see, then moving the clutch pedal down.

Perhaps I should have spotted all the stuff under the dash, but to see it when the car was on the floor I would have to be sitting on the floor next to the car with my head nearly on the matts; I had been what I thought was very thorough checking it over. I pitty anyone who has to wait whilst I inspect used cars in the future!

Shdhdhd
When people are asking about this on their site or pistonheads and mentioning about the clutch and engine, are they getting responses?

182cup & 172 racecar
I was thinking that, when you look at it from a normal angle you would hardly see it, if at all.

I wouldn't have stuck my head up under the dash and I don't expect many on here would either.

Shame you paid top dollar for it, would have been a nice car to keep.

Mini Cooper S sport
Blimey, hurrah for Fred. Most people would never have noticed the different engine - I can barely tell from looking at the photos.

Lucky the OP got it from a dealer and not a private seller. Somebody is going to get properly stitched up on this car though, unfortunately.

Focus RS + S3
I viewed this and rang to leave a deposit to buy 2 years ago but got beaten to it by 5 mins
the original garage in stroud told me about the clutch and said they would removed it properly before i drove away and that he'd have to do something with the logbook as it was registered for disabled tax

Scary part is it was up for £7.5k at the time
Looks like they never
didnt think to post a thread but have seen this change hands quite a lot, still got the pictures on my PC

Lucky escapes all round :)

Last edited:
  Ph1

Ph1 engine in a 182 isnt a bad thing but its not worth top 182 money. If its priced right it could actually be a good buy: low mileage 182 body, the best colour with the better ;) ph1 engine.

They are taking the P a bit by ignoring its pointed out problems and continuing to sell it as before. As someone said, they should just auction it off out the back door

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I viewed this and rang to leave a deposit to buy 2 years ago but got beaten to it by 5 mins
the original garage in stroud told me about the clutch and said they would removed it properly before i drove away and that he'd have to do something with the logbook as it was registered for disabled tax

Scary part is it was up for £7.5k at the time
Looks like they never
didnt think to post a thread but have seen this change hands quite a lot, still got the pictures on my PC

Lucky escapes all round :)

Correct- A mobility car cannot be taxed onto the road for a non mobility person, you need to fill in a form at the DVLA to have them swopped over-
Most mobility owners then claim the tax back-

Its a bit of a pain in the ar*e - like transferring a private plate-

It will interesting to see where & when this car surfaces again..

S

PB Clio 172
I just checked it on v5 and at everything seems ok as far as that goes.

scary though that someone can get away with this, what do you think happened to the 182 engine? Wonder if it was in a crash? and how far back can you check? this could of been changed years ago and not known by the new owner!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Excellent.

When you google proline performance Milton Keynes its all related to the LY (just the name brings up something related to snow) There actual website appears to be down also and cant seem to see it on PH