ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 OEM+/Clubsport

Thanks! I just don't really like the standard ones, maybe I'll change them eventually but not for now. I'd love someone to make some that look nicer than the OEM ones but not so full lexus. Probably when I get to a meet finally and someone just kicks them in out of disgust 🔨:tonguewink:

Haha, we'll see where it ends up eh. Thanks, I'm enjoying it at the moment but really need to go for another long proper drive to remind me where all the money has gone. Hopefully Loch Lomond next week after tracking so I'll be all smiles again. I might actually get some carbon dipped badges/interior bits from yourself in the near future though I'm not sure on that either.

So, a quick update: After the lower ball joints were fitted the tracking was dead on again so I haven't bothered with that just yet, the rear offside caliper is binding a little and its driving me insane and I still have some noise from the nearside front which is definitely the top mount.
Tracking will be done post new top mounts, this should be soon as I think I have sourced some on here that are originally Kingsnorth engineering ones.
The caliper is annoying as I freed up recently so think it needs more of a strip down than I did. I'll need to look this up some more before I start it but can't afford mechanic just now so I'll have to do it.
Also removed the tints from the front windows; I didn't mind the look but they were probably darker than is really legal and the passenger side one was damaged slightly which drove me nuts. I now like the car with just the rear dark and there is no annoying tint film line on the front windows when lowered.
I used the awesome £3.49 de-bobbler from eBay after seeing it on a project here, though cant remember who it was so thanks to them! Makes a surprising difference to the inside
Can't say for sure until top mounts are in but with new springs, shocks and all the bushing work the car feels amazing. Much more keen to turn in and feel like I can get the power down better too. The ride is slightly harder/noisier but that is really only due to the awful roads and I think its definitely worth it. The suspension seems to have settled a bit more now after about 1000 miles and I really like the finished height. Exactly as OEM+/Clubsport as I'd want.
After the above items I don't have much planned other than small items here and there, maybe some flocking, maybe dye the headlining if I can be bothered, fix the headlight washers or blank them (came up at MoT), fix the boot light (just a loose connection I think).
Enjoyed doing over 500 miles in one weekend across a lot of central Scotland, a lot of traffic but still some fun to be had.
Also, MOT passed!! Need to get those pesky washers fixed, think the tube is blocked as you can definitely here the pump whirring.

Thanks! I just don't really like the standard ones, maybe I'll change them eventually but not for now. I'd love someone to make some that look nicer than the OEM ones but not so full lexus. Probably when I get to a meet finally and someone just kicks them in out of disgust 🔨:tonguewink:

They do bud, FK automotive.

clio-rear-lights-1fk.gif

Quite expensive though and rare to find second hand.

A tiny update before getting some new post wax photos up, the car hasn't been cleaned in too long but winter in Scotland makes it feel pointless or the water starts to freeze like last week...
Finally ordered some standard rear lights from @midge and want to refit clear side repeaters for more of an OEM look but want bg bullets ideally.
Had the spark plugs changed, started to misfire on the day I was going to book it in to have the work done. All done by Rentec in Edinburgh and that's recitifed a small emissions warning that came up intermittently.
Had the reverse sensor replaced at the same time high is all working now and the 72(or 74k) oil chnage done. Waiting on some exciting k&n filter cleaner and oil and off to fit a new rear wiper just now. Pretty exciting times but keeping it ticking along nicely.

Can't wait for some dry weather and a chance to finally paint my brakes and possibly have the car fully DA'd. Any reccommendations for Edinburgh would be welcome and photos soon I swear!

These photos are definitely not post wax apart from one before it rained with the turinis on. Currently got my winter cup wheels on as the Alpin A4s are fantastic for the winter weather here, turinis are all waxed up and stored for the summer. Just used some old school Simoniz original wax and the finish is really good, it was ok to apply too, just a quick on and polish in.
Left the centre caps for the cup wheels at a mates house though almost prefer them without caps, if they were designed this way they would be a much nicer wheel. Cleaned the K+N out though it wasn't particularly bad, quite easy to do and makes a very visible difference. Also fitted the standard lights, thanks @midge they arrived sharpish and packaged well. Now at just over 74k and the clio is in its third year with me.

Also picked up a '61 Mazda 2 1.5 Sport on 12k miles at the best price possible though due to unfortunate circumstances with the previous owner and it is great to have a second car. Actually a really nice daily car that I could almost live solely with but the Clio is a different drive altogether and still puts smiles on my face every time I drive it. Fully cleaned the inside and when its next dry I'll be cleaning and waxing the outside to get some good photos of it but more importantly preserve the oh so new paintwork (compared to my now 12 year old clio).

The rain!!!
IMG_1658_zpsli4p4zes.jpg

A short blast into the hills for some good photos after a hill run.
d44e2e67-1351-48a1-b7e5-4d17a55f89bb_zpsylxxlcut.jpg

Spring Update: Finally got round to cleaning the arches with the wheels off when I put the summer wheels back on (then it snowed and was around zero again!!). Can't believe how bad they were but I got them up to a reasonable standard given that I'm on the street with no hose and less time than I'd want for this. The winter wheels (standard cup wheels) looked liked they had never been fully cleaned since new and I hadn't done them, see winter wheels..... Managed to get them to a reasonable standard to get stored away but might get them powder coated white for next winter.

Now I really want to tidy all the parts of the chassis and sub frame but shy of having a garage all of this will have to wait as I can't really have it parked on the street with no wheels on or no sub frame on (also I need to drive it). Going to try and do the rear caliper carriers at least as I can do these without havign to actually remove the caliper. Might bleed the brakes soon so I can do the front calipers too.

Anyone know the part number for the bolts that attach the shock to the front hub, the bolts that hold the wishbone to the chassis and the small bolts that hold the "chassis tie bar"(i think) to the wishbone and chassis????????????????????????????

Had to have the front n/s wheel bearing changed so off to Rentec for a fix and they did a quick job as always for as reasonable a price as possible. So glad to get rid of the buzzing!! They found the o/s front abs ring is cracked after I mentioned a bit of pulsing under low load braking, need to see if I can do this on the street (or any Edinburgh based CS'ers fancy lending me a driveway?? (and skills??)???????????? Just annoying little problems which could come lesss often but now just at 75K so understandable.

Finally got a decent wash in and now going to gradually clay/polish/wax the whole car when the weather allows as there a few random scuffs that are irritating. Really need to DA as the swirls and rear de-badging are not great. Also just noticed what looks like a small crack in the front o's wing above the arch, any one know how to repair?? Might have to find somewhere in Edinburgh to go over it but I'm tempted to spend my money on mechanical things and only my elbow grease on keeping looking good.

Also, finally sprayed my bullets pearl black to match the rest of the plastics and I much prefer it now, no need to shout about a 2.0 16v. I re-fitted the standard side repeaters with silvered lamps and now its as I've wanted for ages.

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Also, is this gap between light and bumper normal???
IMG_2224.jpg
IMG_2137.jpg
IMG_2150.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2245.jpg
IMG_2224.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg

Very small update:
Car is due for MOT this next few weeks so got some carbon washer blanks to fit - had a nightmare with the bumper crews all being corroded on so this still to do.
Had someone slightly damage my front o/s wing and front bumper so had them all re-done by Dentec in Edinburgh who did an amazing job, winner.
Got to try and fix the hi-level rear brake light as its not working.
Really need to clay the car and wax/polish again- BG looks great in the summer sun but needs some TLC.

More to follow soon hopefully but mainly enjoying the car in the summer-minus annoying brake noise from abs ring-fixing it this week though :)

Well unfortunately failed on n/s front wheel bearing which is apparently too rough though I hadn't noticed or heard anything. I'll want to see this I think. (Though other front did go fairly recently so we will see)
And as per other thread apparently blanks are a failure for headlight washers.... Yet to see what happens with that.
So abs ring to wait a wee but till holidays are over. Might do them both myself or with any local to Edinburgh cs'ers willing to help??

SO, MOT is all done for another year.
The ABS ring wasn't a fail so i will do that in the next month but the front n/s wheel bearing did need done, which isnt surprising as the o/s went earlier this year. I did have a look at it and it was most likely about to go very badly very quickly.
Some debacle over the washer jets but now Rentec have agreed to fit and refund cost for pump that is now in (though they do work and skoosh lovely screenwash onto my headlights (which mainly goes onto the bumper) Basically should have fitted them prior to testing not waited until they failed because of jets.

On the whole I still think the clio is very reliable. I have only had to really replace wear and tear parts or spent money on improvements. I just hate being made to spend money on things I didn't choose to.

As a side note, the service from madcon (on ebay and facebook) for the carbon blanks has been exemplary. £39 delivered quickly initially, then agreed to full refund when I said I couldn't use them. The once I'd sent them back after rentec told me they would put them on for no charge he has agreed to send them back again for free (2nd class this time but still). Great service and I can't wait to get them on.

So, what has happened since I last posted photos in April, wait, ARIL!! So long!! I was slightly busy cleverly tricking my girlfriend into staying with me when I get old and lazy :smile::beers:

The Clio has taken a back seat and even very recently I have thought about selling it. However it is not to be!!!

Around June, someone caught the front offside wing and bumper but nicely paid for them to be fixed so wing fixed and sprayed and then the bumper polished and touched up :smile: A bit of a pain but they paid up no quibbles and Dentec in Edinburgh took care of it.
IMG_2395_zpsvd6mzvgk.jpg

IMG_2396_zpsf1niaytc.gif

IMG_2551_zpsaaesc9j9.jpg

IMG_2552_zpsrqyp0snb.jpg

Then I spent a while polishing, claying and waxing with old fashioned Simoniz wax. Haven't done the whole car yet but a few shots of the panel I did.
IMG_2761_zpsamzd7dv3.jpg

IMG_2764_zpsmljrpuf8.jpg

IMG_2765_zpswqut5j73.jpg

Then a road sign fell on my car...... SGN did pay to fix it however. They were fine with it and didn't complain or hesitate once. Autopshere in Edinburgh did the work and it looks good (or did until it went outside in the winter). A bit of a faff but eventually the nearside wing sprayed, bumper sprayed and the bonnet replaced and sprayed :smile: The bonnet had been dinged slightly on the edge and thanks to Clio's being reasonable cars the easiest thing to do was replace it so new bonnet for me and no more stone chips etc. on any of the front end!!!! That's obviously a plus for a nearly 13 year old car.
IMG_2841_zpsursehhbw.gif

IMG_2861_zpsbr4cbnfj.jpg

Then all the above mentioned MOT work done. Also just had both ABS rings done so now no more annoying pulsing at low speed braking. And, as Rentec and Autosphere are opposite each other I had the normal washer bottle changed for one from a normal mk2 (i.e. one pump), all the hoses removed and the carbon washer blanks fitted. So properly done and now looks much better with no leaks :smile:

Last edited:
Then I spent many hours cleaning the inside including the boot and it does look a lot better now. I was quite amazed how much better a tooth brush, vacuum, and Autoglym trim gel could make it. Oh and about 4 hours... Tried to trim the boot carpet so it fits better and it did help a little bit.

OOPS...
Then I spent many hours cleaning the inside including the boot and it does look a lot better now. I was quite amazed how much better a tooth brush, vacuum, and Autoglym trim gel could make it. Oh and about 4 hours... Tried to trim the boot carpet so it fits better and it did help a little bit.
IMG_3246_zpszktwpsov.jpg

IMG_3247_zpslhkpswmh.jpg

IMG_3248_zpsoyfikyjv.jpg

IMG_3249_zpszuh6pzyy.jpg

IMG_3250_zpsefdwznwb.jpg

IMG_3251_zps1uvy85md.jpg

IMG_3252_zpsgjdoblov.jpg

IMG_3253_zpszqlhb3w6.jpg

IMG_3254_zpsrrxauylk.jpg

IMG_3255_zpssxm8xq1l.jpg

IMG_3256_zps4oy2uzol.jpg

And the blanks from Madcon on ebay :)
IMG_3264_zpscirrduol.jpg

Need to do the seat belts and that's the interior good enough for me and hopefully most other people.
Then hopefully paint the calipers and clean some of the underbody up now I know someone with a unit :)

So, now that this keeps happening
IMG_3282_zpsyj3pwux9.jpg

It was time to fit these
IMG_3280_zpszzb8k0kw.jpg

One thing I do need is some caps for the front as they are missing and at the moment I don't have any of the centre caps for the original wheels (left at a a friends last year and now they have gone a wandering) And don't want crap getting in the front near the bearings as these are both new this year.

I think part number 8200649356 is correct if anyone knows? @Phase1sr saw these a while ago on your immaculate thread. Which I am also going through for loads of handy advice because it's the best Clio on here that I can recall.

Ignore this nonsense, "think part number 8200649356 is correct if anyone knows? "
There is something sticking out of hub on the front, imagine......... Need to get some centre caps back on to protect everything and stop it looking so bad!

Also, thinking of just sanding my winter wheels back, filler priming them and spraying matt black or matt white for full winter mode.

And now it's 12 degress outside!!!! Sweet winter tyres.... Oh well, I'm not complaining as it's nice for it to be so mild.
Really need to get down to a unit and strip the rear end. Every time I see a photo of my rear beam or rear calipers I cringe!!
Think either my steering rack or track rod ends (tie rod ends?) are on the way out at least on one side as there is a slight noise when I go lock to lock. Not awful but pretty irritating!!
Did manage 38mpg average on a 100 mile motorway journey which is decent, about 20 in town during the winter :(

And nearly three years on, it's time to sell the Clio. Hopefully get the full ad up soon. Selling for around £3300 including both sets of wheels and tires (Turini with Ps3 and Cup with Alpin A4).
I'll be sad to see it go when it does but it's time for a change. Not sure to what yet, a tough car to follow :(

And despite the last ad or at least while I wait to get it sold I have sprayed the fuel rail cover black as I have wanted to do it for the longest time! and ordered a new boot mat to match the others and tidy this up.
Also used some Simoniz leather cleaner/cream which did clean a little off the seats but they were fairly clean anyway. The only wear at the moment is a small scuff on the drivers side really.

SO the ads are up. Leaving AT and eBay for a week or so. We'll see. I'd rather sell here to a clio fan. And within 1hr had my first annoying fake buyer form gumtree. Might take it off there.

And the Clio is gone! Or will be once collected tonight by a lad called Billy from Falkirk. May end up on the track after all but we'll see.
I've loved and hated my Clio during just over 3 years of ownership. When I had the funds I should maybe have spent a tiny bit more and made it worth it all. However it was still a great car and the best thing I've driven on tight smooth back roads, maybe the worst on pothole ridden commuting roads though. Now to focus everything on the Mazda (http://www.cliosport.net/threads/mazda-2-1-5-sport-61.806558/#post-11368011) and mountain biking.
If I've got a garage in a few years I have to say I'll probably find a Clio and do it right from the start next time with a full strip down and re-build as I do think it'll be a classic in years to come.
I'll maybe get the final photos up if I can be hooped otherwise this thread is at an end!